Golf Pride Tour Wrap MicroSuede Grips

Mack Daddy;n8893319 said:
Are these gray or black? I seen some pictures here where they look black and I just saw some on My golf spy where they looked gray....

definitely grey

Someone just listed a set for sale in the marketplace fyi

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jman;n8889215 said:
So, I’m a bit of an odd man out on these the more I use them. For me, there’s just too much “give” to them long term, but I’m also a firm cord user traditionally. The concept I think is great, and I think also that fans of the wrap style will enjoy because they’re so durable and the texture works (but rain play beware a bit ime).

I’m just a cord guy though.

I still stand by this, for me. They do what they are supposed to and I think the majority who try them will like them, I personally just want a firmer feel in the hands.

Still don't have enough for a full set, but got 3 more in and they will immediately go on long clubs.

They did their job in Idaho. light rain 2/3 days and no issues with grips slipping at all. even better than the utx on the wedges. now the stock stroke lab grip is another story, that thing's days are numbered.

I'm really liking the as well. They're definitely a little softer than the 2G tour wraps, but not overly soft. I haven't had a chance to test their wet weather grip yet as it hasn't rained back home in weeks. And it's not any wetter here on Oahu Either! Dang it's hot and humid right now!

kevin81002;n8906901 said:
I'm really liking the as well. They're definitely a little softer than the 2G tour wraps, but not overly soft. I haven't had a chance to test their wet weather grip yet as it hasn't rained back home in weeks. And it's not any wetter here on Oahu Either! Dang it's hot and humid right now!

That is kind of it for me. Its soft, but not too soft.

Per Jman I need these. I don't typically buy new grips and end up just getting new irons but not looking to do that right now so gonna check these out when I get back in town.

I put these on my irons and I love them. The feel is perfect to me. Soft yet firm, my biggest concern was getting slick if they got wet. They were easy to wipe down and the tackiness came right back. I really like them and have zero regrets putting them on.

I put these on my irons and I love them. The feel is perfect to me. Soft yet firm, my biggest concern was getting slick if they got wet. They were easy to wipe down and the tackiness came right back. I really like them and have zero regrets putting them on.
I think they’d please a lot of people who want a softer overall feeling grip that also keeps some texture.

For me the experience was so so, but I’m a cord guy so that only makes sense. They do what they claim though, and do it well overall.

I installed one of these on my 8 iron to test. I really do like the feel but they are just a bit too soft to be perfect. I’d still rank them in the top 5 grips I’ve tried but the Sonar Tours are my favorite right now.

I installed one of these on my 8 iron to test. I really do like the feel but they are just a bit too soft to be perfect. I’d still rank them in the top 5 grips I’ve tried but the Sonar Tours are my favorite right now.

This is kinda where I'm falling. The texture is great. Slightly firmer underneath would be perfect. They seem to be a bit softer than the regular tour wraps. Still like them leaps and bounds better than the mcc +4s they replaced.

Will be adding these to my new sticks. 2 wraps and they will be good to go

Should have the rest for my set arrive today. Pretty excited to get them on there.

Should have the rest for my set arrive today. Pretty excited to get them on there.
They're a perfect grip for you. I think a lot of people that are non cord users would really enjoy them.

I need to try one of these on a backup club. I feel like I would really like them.

I’m an occasional tester for Golf Pride and put one of these on my 54° Cobra King wedge. I absolutely love it and am going to put it on the whole set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m an occasional tester for Golf Pride and put one of these on my 54° Cobra King wedge. I absolutely love it and am going to put it on the whole set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You won't regret it. I've changed out my whole set already and I love em.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My tour velvets are going to need to be replaced at the end of the season and these are first in line to try.

These are in my “next in line” to try. I’m enjoying the sonar tours, but I’ve been thinking about giving this a whirl, or sampling on a wedge and maybe driver.

I'll be very interested in learning the durability side of this new grip.
If someone has it for at least a dozen rounds + range, please share the experience and if the grip is holding up.
Typically the synthetic swede could break down from heavy use and aging much faster than the rubber/composite material.
Anyone know if this is a one piece construction or similar to WINN with a thin rubber sleeve as under listing ?

If someone has it for at least a dozen rounds + range, please share the experience and if the grip is holding up.
Typically the synthetic swede could break down from heavy use and aging much faster than the rubber/composite material.
Anyone know if this is a one piece construction or similar to WINN with a thin rubber sleeve as under listing ?
I put 20+ on the one I messed with.

There's no breaking down here, its a texture rather than an actual suede coating or anything.

Solid rubber grip here, not multi layers, which in and of itself means way more durability.

I'm on 8 or 9 with the grips, including driver. Same as when they were put on. solid rubber.

I put 20+ on the one I messed with.

There's no breaking down here, its a texture rather than an actual suede coating or anything.

Solid rubber grip here, not multi layers, which in and of itself means way more durability.

Interesting, I might have to give it a try next season. A solid piece is a big plus for me as I use air to install all my own golf grips.
20+ round should be enough to show any wear on the grip if there is. Did you see or feel any extra wear pattern on the grip ?

Back