Golf Prints: Collect, Own or Gift?

OITW

Reaction score
Been seeing a lot of deals for Golf Prints over the holiday weekend.

I have a couple of prints. I don’t collect them and don’t gift them.

It got me wondering if any THPers are into them and the extent that they are.

I'm in the market for a few for my office. I have a signed Jack Nicklaus that I cherish. Looking for a cool Arnold or Hogan but keeping my eye open for something golf but not a person... like a ball/club history collage or something different.

I also have framed golf towels that I put together.

I collect loft and lie prints of aerials for courses I love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not really a collector but I have several framed prints, paintings and a lithograph titled "1st tee St Andrews" The lithograph by W Dendy Sadler pictures two gentlemen on the tee exchanging score cards. The scene is in the early days of golf where there were no greens and the ball was teed on a mound of sand to start the hole. I emailed a photo to my wife's cousin iwho is a native ofSt Andrews if this really was a St Andrews scene. He confirmed it wasn't from Scotland but was likey St Andrews Yonkers NY. So I am going with Yonkers which is in the area where I lived as a child.

I just recently started collecting some litho’s from golf. However I do have 17 NASCAR prints/litho/photo. Most are signed and numbered.
like to sell a few of those to get some golf stuff

I just recently started collecting some litho’s from golf. However I do have 17 NASCAR prints/litho/photo. Most are signed and numbered.
like to sell a few of those to get some golf stuff

what’s a litho?

I have a couple of great prints that were done by GoodBoyOriginals that I love. Outside of that I haven't collected too much on that front.

I have a couple from AJ Voepel that I really like

I’ve been looking for a few to decorate but I’ve never bought. I’m not sure why

It's time to buy a 2021 calendar, and like ones that are golf themed. Haven't been able to find one like that the past 2 years. Come on calendar printers! Don't make me look too hard. If I can't find those I'll generally go with scenery. No puppies, or kitties, or horses, even though I love all three. A little too cutesy boo, to hang on a man's wall!

The go-to for golf related prints

The go-to for golf related prints

For those interested, AJ is running a cyber monday sale in prints and framed artwork, use GBO20 to get 20% off.

I have a couple of great prints that were done by GoodBoyOriginals that I love. Outside of that I haven't collected too much on that front.

I just bought the bandon blackout 2.0 from him. really excited to get it up. will really look great wherever my wife lets me hang it.

I just bought the bandon blackout 2.0 from him. really excited to get it up. will really look great wherever my wife lets me hang it.

I bought his match play print during yesterday’s sale, excited to get it framed and up in the basement.

Where are you guys finding interesting stuff? I have a pin flag signed by a couple of the Caddyshack cast but want to find something else to spruce up the home office.

I was given a couple prints that are really nice that I have in my office at work. The official 2000 PGA Championship & 2008 Ryder Cup prints from here at Valhalla and an awesome print of the 14th hole at Couer D'Alene that was hanging in another office.

Back