Golf products that have made you eat crow?

I knew it! LOL

Honestly it's the ProV1 for me. Before I was good you could not have convinced me that a golfer can "feel" a golf ball. Now you can't convince me otherwise.

I actually want to try these as well. Would save me a lot of time marking mine up
Pro V1x for me, but the same thoughts. I dismissed Pro V’s for years and years, thinking they were way above my skill level. How absolutely wrong I was! Even as a 12 handicap, they suit my game perfectly!

mallet putters. especially face balanced ones / single bend. never thought i would putt so well with them.

The original Orlimar Tri-Metal FW's.

I watched the infomercial on TGC and, despite how well done it was, I chuckled.

Then when I happened upon a 3W and 5W combo for a great price on ebay, I pulled the trigger.

LOL... I LOVED them and they safely manned a spot in the bag for quite a few years.

Fat putter grips. I thought they looked stupid - then I tried them and was immediately hooked.

The Titleist ProV1 when it first came out...... and it's crazy stupid pricing.

Then I found one on the course. and have been gladly paying the crazy stupid pricing ever since.

Yes. Once the inside is wet and slimy, it doesn’t slip on the grip, it slips on my hand. Which causes some swing irregularities, never a good thing for the club to slide down a 1/2” heading into impact.

But I sweat, a lot.
I have been wearing Footjoy Raingrip gloves this summer. They never even get wet because the back is so vented and the grip is perfect.

Last edited:
Pro V1x for me, but the same thoughts. I dismissed Pro V’s for years and years, thinking they were way above my skill level. How absolutely wrong I was! Even as a 12 handicap, they suit my game perfectly!
Haters gonna hate, but there is nothing like a ProV IMO.

Flat cat pistol putter grip. Randomly tried a used putter with one and I didn’t realize they made a grip with a pistol shape. Immediately felt good in my hands. Use one on my putter and it has surprised me, as to how good it is.

I’ll throw a other surprise out there: I thought the BStone tour balls would be great for me. Wasn’t impressed. Surprisingly....

TP5X ball was a nice surprise. Played one in the CC qualifier and the wind performance was fantastic.

I have been wearing Footjoy Raingrip gloves this summer. They never even get wet because the back is so vented and the grip is perfect.

Thanks, I’ll have to give them a shot.

You are wrong about the ProV’s though. Bridgestone balls IMO are longer, straighter, and stop quicker. I’m not rich (divorce and house poor ATM) but I supply the TourB XS for my sons high school season (and all the other time too) even though his school provides ProV1’s for matches and tourneys.

In a side by side short game comparison he got much less runout with the XS.

It’s not like I haven’t liked the ProV series, I just found a better series. They’re good balls. Heck I used to me SmiterOfProV1x on here.

TOUR EDGE

Completely 180 then another 360 for me. They make a great product and im fortunate to find out how good their product really is. Look forward to bagging more!
I will 2nd Tour Edge and how Underrated they are.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hogan PTx Pro irons. I was leary of the brand based on most of its last 20 years of history and its absence on Tour. I was also concerned with whether the irons would be forgiving enough. When I was selected for the Graphite Challenge, I expected I would have the Recoils installed in my other irons.

I was wrong on every account. The irons are fantastic. They are plenty forgiving and easy to play.

Thanks, I’ll have to give them a shot.

You are wrong about the ProV’s though. Bridgestone balls IMO are longer, straighter, and stop quicker. I’m not rich (divorce and house poor ATM) but I supply the TourB XS for my sons high school season (and all the other time too) even though his school provides ProV1’s for matches and tourneys.

In a side by side short game comparison he got much less runout with the XS.

It’s not like I haven’t liked the ProV series, I just found a better series. They’re good balls. Heck I used to me SmiterOfProV1x on here.
Remember, fit matters. For some, the ProV’s will be the best fitting balls for their games.

Remember, fit matters. For some, the ProV’s will be the best fitting balls for their games.

I know, but blanket statements... sorry it’s early and I’m feeling a bit curmudgeonly this AM.

I know, but blanket statements... sorry it’s early and I’m feeling a bit curmudgeonly this AM.
It’s not a blanket statement if it’s what is true for someone. Plus, blanket statements go both ways.

Tons of fantastic golf balls out there right now. Play what you love, love what you play. For some that the ProV, for you that’s Bridgestone, for me right now that’s a golf ball with ninja star vajayjay’s on it. If it works, it works. (y)

Probably the PM Grind.
I hated them until I tried one. It's still uglier than my aunt Rhonda but by golly it gets the job done.

It’s not a blanket statement if it’s what is true for someone. Plus, blanket statements go both ways.

Tons of fantastic golf balls out there right now. Play what you love, love what you play. For some that the ProV, for you that’s Bridgestone, for me right now that’s a golf ball with ninja star vajayjay’s on it. If it works, it works. (y)
:LOL:

I'll never NOT see that on that ball again.

I putt crazy good with a Cure putter for a while. Now it was after they were able to fix the sound issues, but that was something I wouldn't have been interested in and ended up with a really long stretch of solid putting. I remember one of my dad's playing partners said to me "that thing looks like it could help change a tire, but if I rolled it as well as you are I wouldn't think of changing it out."

An impact bag.

Never in my wildest did I think I could get anything out of it. Love mine now.

I would say the Srixon Z585 driver was in this category somewhat for me. I liked it OK, but was not really expecting much as the shape is not the first one I'd typically pull from the rack. From the first swing it has been a reliable bomber. Really, really nice driver.

And, I love this picture - the Z585 knocked the F9 outta the bag last year handily.

index.php

Back