NEWS Golf Rounds Way Up

It’s crazy to see and great for golf. I personally know buddies and neighbors who haven’t played golf in forever or rarely play who have been buying clubs, playing regularly, and getting into the game.

Thats awesome for the sport, but also a little annoying as I have to scramble for a tee time more this year

My rounds have certainly been down so far this year but I have friends that have started playing golf for the first time consistently over the past 6 months. I feel like there are a lot of new golfers and that's pretty cool.

Not surprised but it's kind of crazy, like the sales #s recently shared

I know I’ve added to the increase in rounds booked!

That's crazy considering courses were closing for a while. When they opened and it was considered a safe activity more than others, it makes sense.

I agree completely.

Public tee times at the half dozen courses that I frequent allow 7 day advanced bookings and are typically booked full within 3-4 hours of release.... weekend rounds book in about 1-2 hours or release.... that is except for tee times after 4:30pm during weekdays!
I’ve resorted to logging in at 12:01am 7 days in advance for days I want to play.... and by then usually earliest times are already booked.

Must be happening here now... Normally, I can roll right in and tee off... Today, line is out the door. Gotta wait till tee time to tee off...

Must be happening here now... Normally, I can roll right in and tee off... Today, line is out the door. Gotta wait till tee time to tee off...

Well with Nor Cal on fire, everyone's gotta find a place to play right?

double-edged sword ...... great for club revenues and a potential pain in the arse for slow play

My course is up around 15% year over year and that is going from 8 tee times an hour to 6.

Not surprising at all, and it seems that the big picture is a reflection of our local picture. Our courses never closed, but everything else did - so a lot more people have been golfing just for something to do. We're a snowbird town and a lot of them stayed here much later in the season than usual because their states/provinces back home were shut down, but they could still golf here. We also got a lot of traffic across the border from California while all the courses were shut down over there.

Summer is our offseason for golf, and usually this time of year it's nothing but employees and a few members golfing. In the seven years I've been at my home course, this is the most play I've ever seen during the summer.

Great to see this! I have not seen it locally but glad the industry is thriving as a whole.

At my club even with the course being closed for a bit rounds are up 30% year over year. It will be interesting to see what happens next year if things open up again. Tee times are tight and fill up quickly at my club which was never a problem in the past. Will the courses stay packed or go back to where they were.

Our public course is on a record setting pace which is good since the city (owner) is using the course as collateral for loans on the downtown parking lot and the community center which is empty.

My favorite stat for my course(s) is as of last month alcohol sales are up 400% at the little 9 hole course down the street, also run by us. Everyone who gets turned away trying to walk on drives straight there.

Good news for the industry and courses.

Don't have to tell me. Booking tee times right now is nuts. If you don't have your group committed 7 days ahead, and prepay - you ain't playing.

I just hope all the rounds turn into profit for courses.

I just hope all the rounds turn into profit for courses.

Agreed. I also hope the courses around me take the time to invest a portion of those additional profits back into improving the courses. I have a couple of courses I frequent over the past couple of years gradually degrade in quality and hope they return closer to their former glory.

In our are, even with the nice courses raising the green fees substantially, the courses have been very busy all week. Weekend have been needing a weeks notice to get a decent tee time.

Certainly seems to be the case at my course.

The place was often flooded early on during the pandemic and up to just the last couple of weeks. Since school started, things have eased a bit.

Whew...

I've already commented how our rounds are up like 30%+ this year so far.

My course eases the booking of tee times for members, as members can book tee times 7 days in advance. Non-members can only book 3 days in advance on our online booking system. Never had a problem booking as I'm a member. :cool:

Golf is Essential baby!!

I’m not surprised!! Getting a tee time lately has been tough!

Back