Golf Shaft Pondering Thread

No power here you must have me confused with someone elseBaby hulk now full hulk laterIf it was 7x then yes

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I have the 7x in a 3w... fantastic shafts. I might throw a cobra adapter on the 6x and try it in the f9.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sure thing no power Shev we have all seen you hit the ball sir and if I had half of the power you have I could move back from the old guy tees to where the big boys play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only power I saw to that round was you putting on a stripe show - fairway splitting machine

I have the 7x in a 3w... fantastic shafts. I might throw a cobra adapter on the 6x and try it in the f9.

8x in my 3 wood just a lovely shaft. I went heavier in my hybrid and 3 wood last year with good results. Hoping heavier in the driver will produce the same results.

Only power I saw to that round was you putting on a stripe show - fairway splitting machine

Lol I was terrified that round trying to play well with driver pounding eagle making legend I hope we get to play again soon I am putting a little better now and trying to fix my chipping shanks lol

px lz. give you a smooth, explosive feel and performance, without sacrificing weight allow you to keep some weight. close second for me would be nippon modus3 120. i think the nippon will feel a little mushier, but be just as if not more stable.

The Nippons were on my short, heard great things about those. I hadn’t really thought about the LZ’s though. I had some PX iron shafts before that I didn’t really care for, so I had kind of looked past these. I’ll definitely do a little more research on them now. Thanks Chris!

I went from playing matrix program f15 for a long time and settled on kbs S taper. And I was also fit to kbs c taper before going to graphite because my wrist hurt. The S taper will launch and spin just a bit more than c taper but definitely not high on either of those spectrum. I have the 125 s+ and I think it feels great and performs great

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The S Taper was also on my short list, after playing the C Tapers for a bit last year I wanted just a little more out of them than I was getting. The feel wasn’t bad, but I’m guessing the S Taper will be a bit more active, which I would prefer. Thanks Kang!

I’ve played the KBS Tour 90s, KBS Tour V 110s, X100, and now on the KBS CTaper 130X. The KBS tour launched high for me and spun a lot. Talking balloon a 3 iron a lot. Tour V for me was more of the same. The X100 didn’t balloon for me but definitely launched low with a good amount of spin. When I chose CTaper 130 I didn’t know exactly what I’d get but I can say that the launch low and are a spin killer. Good into the wind, downwind, crosswind... you get the idea.

I won’t be swapping out of these any time soon.

Do you have a quick tempo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t think my tempo is particularly quick. I don’t think the C Taper is exactly right for me, it was okay and I was able to play it but I think I can find something that fits a little better. Thanks Cam!

The Nippons were on my short, heard great things about those. I hadn’t really thought about the LZ’s though. I had some PX iron shafts before that I didn’t really care for, so I had kind of looked past these. I’ll definitely do a little more research on them now. Thanks Chris!

The S Taper was also on my short list, after playing the C Tapers for a bit last year I wanted just a little more out of them than I was getting. The feel wasn’t bad, but I’m guessing the S Taper will be a bit more active, which I would prefer. Thanks Kang!

I don’t think my tempo is particularly quick. I don’t think the C Taper is exactly right for me, it was okay and I was able to play it but I think I can find something that fits a little better. Thanks Cam!

CT's are one of the most...inactive...feeling iron shafts out there, so you'll notice a significant difference with the $ tapers.

I had a HZRDUS Red 75 6.5 in my driver and sold it after THCE and now I am regretting it. I wish I still had it to cut down and put in the flash fairway wood.

Throw me some suggestions for a solid driving iron shaft upgrade for my Srixon u65's. The Miyazaki is smooth and I do like the more active tip, however I am looking for something that maybe launches a touch lower and has a but more stout feel while remaining in stiff flex., maybe a little more weight. Maybe low-mid launch and low-mid spin range.

Driver SS 105+, 3i SS probably around 98-100, smooth tempo, more of a sweeper than a digger.

Tour AD BB 6X is getting a Cobra tip put on it. This should be a fun shaft to try in the new F9.

Throw me some suggestions for a solid driving iron shaft upgrade for my Srixon u65's. The Miyazaki is smooth and I do like the more active tip, however I am looking for something that maybe launches a touch lower and has a but more stout feel while remaining in stiff flex., maybe a little more weight. Maybe low-mid launch and low-mid spin range.

Driver SS 105+, 3i SS probably around 98-100, smooth tempo, more of a sweeper than a digger.
Price range?

You should be able to pick up the aldila tour green and nv2k green 85h for $50.

If you need a taper tip you could try a steelfiber also around $50.

In my U65, I used a Graphite Design Tour AD UT 95. You can pick em up brand new on Ebay for $90. Awesome utility iron shaft. It's a .355 taper shaft so no hosel boring or excessive tip sanding necessary.

That is something to think about with your U65... it's a .355 taper bore hosel. Hybrid shafts are .370 straight hosel, so you will need to bore the hosel if you do decide to use a hybrid shaft.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Graphite-D...:CE8AAOSwawpXwKom:sc:USPSPriority!92532!US!-1

Your SS numbers are exactly the same as mine.

I have the KBS C-taper 120 S in my P790 UDI and it is the Bomb. It stays low under the wind and equals my driver for total distance.

af66144ff579b9df462c2e58e6937d65.jpg

And if I give it everything:

020c02486bc75ee3b9f43104acc096b7.jpg

Hope that helps.

I'm playing an iron shaft in my U45 and love it. Using a 3 iron shaft that matches my irons which are Nippon NS Pro 1150.

Hit the Ping G400 Max with a Ping Alta 55 S shaft in it and it felt amazing. It might be the head but I was hitting the sweet spot like there was a magnet in the ball and I normally live on the toe of the club.

Limited information available on this but it seems it was made by Aldila.

Was wondering if anybody could suggest some shafts that has the same characteristics than this. Want to play around with this lighter mid launch shaft types as I have always played high 60 -70 g shafts.

Even better if you have experience in a Ping Max head.

My Driver SS is 100-105 with ball speeds ranging from 150-160 on my old G30 with an Elements Chrome X flex shaft. Have always had an issue with Launching at about 10 degrees and my numbers indicate 12-13 would be a better fit.

Golf Shaft Pondering Thread

Just wanted to throw this out there - have now had a number of range sessions with the Kuro Kage XT 6X shaft and I have to say it seems to be a VERY anti-left setup for me in the G400 Max. I’m pretty pumped about it....fun to mess with a setup that you know you can swing away.

Last edited:
What do I want to install into the M5 fw today?

Accra FX2.0? Fuji 2.0? TPT 15? Go back to an old favorite in the GD AD-TP?

What do I want to install into the M5 fw today?

Accra FX2.0? Fuji 2.0? TPT 15? Go back to an old favorite in the GD AD-TP?
Accra fx

In my U65, I used a Graphite Design Tour AD UT 95. You can pick em up brand new on Ebay for $90. Awesome utility iron shaft. It's a .355 taper shaft so no hosel boring or excessive tip sanding necessary.

That is something to think about with your U65... it's a .355 taper bore hosel. Hybrid shafts are .370 straight hosel, so you will need to bore the hosel if you do decide to use a hybrid shaft.

This is a solid suggestion and I've never played Graphite Designs... sounds like a good time to change that. Gonna ponder a bit more but this is right at the top.

This is a solid suggestion and I've never played Graphite Designs... sounds like a good time to change that. Gonna ponder a bit more but this is right at the top.
I had launch monitor sessions with the stock miyazaki shaft in x flex and the GD 95x shaft in a 23* U65. The stock shaft felt fine, but the ball would balloon out. I was seeing too much spin and way too high of an apex... right around 140'. Changing the shaft brought the spin down around 500rpm and apex came down to around 110'. And I had a tendency to miss left with the stock shaft. Hit the ball much straighter with the GD. It just felt more stable, and still had enough stopping power to hold greens, but carried about 10yds longer on average.

These were my results. Results will vary from person to person. :D

I had launch monitor sessions with the stock miyazaki shaft in x flex and the GD 95x shaft in a 23* U65. The stock shaft felt fine, but the ball would balloon out. I was seeing too much spin and way too high of an apex... right around 140'. Changing the shaft brought the spin down around 500rpm and apex came down to around 110'. And I had a tendency to miss left with the stock shaft. Hit the ball much straighter with the GD. It just felt more stable, and still had enough stopping power to hold greens, but carried about 10yds longer on average.

These were my results. Results will vary from person to person. :D

Sold on all counts. It's going to be 95s for me I think. If you don't mind my asking, what kind of SS/carry with that 23* u65 are you playing X-flex? I count on ~210-220 of carry with the 4i. I'm almost borderline X-flex but tend to err on side of smooth tempo --> stiff vs. X but have picked up some clubhead speed lately. 95S seems safe but I wonder...

Sold on all counts. It's going to be 95s for me I think. If you don't mind my asking, what kind of SS/carry with that 23* u65 are you playing X-flex? I count on ~210-220 of carry with the 4i. I'm almost borderline X-flex but tend to err on side of smooth tempo --> stiff vs. X but have picked up some clubhead speed lately. 95S seems safe but I wonder...
230-235 carry was what I built it for. IIRC, club speed with the ute back then was around 105-107

I could have gone either way as well. I went x just because. The fitter I dealt with had a u65 23* and was pretty close to the same club speed as me. He went S in his as he had a lot smoother swing than me.

Pondering either Tour Green or Tour Blue for the Rogue SZ 3w. My experiments have proven phenomenal for me in terms of performance in fairways, and that’s basically the last one for me I need/want to update. A good Green or blue 75x would be clutch in that head.

I'm pretty sure that there is an ACCRA TZ6 in my future. Probably installed straight in. I'm always a little gun shy to tip any of my shafts since there's no going back after the fact. They are getting a ton of love on this new line. I've never owned an ACCRA so I'm eager to give it a shot. It'll be the Pro Orange 70TX 45.25" vs the Diamana BF 60TX 44.5" vs an ACCRA TZ6 M5 45".

I'm almost tempted to have the ACCRA tipped .5" to tighten it up a bit closer to the TX flex that I've been playing. But, since there is no industry standard for flex, it's kind of uncharted territory.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hit the Ping G400 Max with a Ping Alta 55 S shaft in it and it felt amazing. It might be the head but I was hitting the sweet spot like there was a magnet in the ball and I normally live on the toe of the club.

Limited information available on this but it seems it was made by Aldila.

Was wondering if anybody could suggest some shafts that has the same characteristics than this. Want to play around with this lighter mid launch shaft types as I have always played high 60 -70 g shafts.

Even better if you have experience in a Ping Max head.

My Driver SS is 100-105 with ball speeds ranging from 150-160 on my old G30 with an Elements Chrome X flex shaft. Have always had an issue with Launching at about 10 degrees and my numbers indicate 12-13 would be a better fit.

i can't help you with any comparisons to other shafts, i can only tell you that the max is a fantastic golf club. i have an accra fx 300 m4 in there right now, and that combo is just so good.

Back