Golf Shaft Pondering Thread

In between Modus 120x and KBS Tour 130x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I apologize for not being more elaborate. I have two ideas for two different builds. I have a Black 75 6.5 coming in a G410 Plus from Ping. Full length 45.25". I am thinking 65 6.5 for the white. I plan to tune the black a little bit with length adjustments. Ideally I would like two styles for the different courses I play here. With one White shaft setup for Long Drive.

Numbers for the Black were 280 carry and 300 total on trackman during the fitting but that was my first time swinging an x flex and a much heavier shaft than my stock XR16 in S flex.

I just built a shaft for that Callaway using a Rogue Silver 110 MSI 70 2.8X. I finished it at 44.5" total length and am very pleased with the results at the range so far. Field test tomorrow

I have the Rogue 110 MSI 80 TX in my 3 wood and it is a solid bit of kit. You should be happy at that length in a Driver just keep an eye on launch angles.... this shaft needs height.

So, after a slight "mishap" last night I'm in the market for a new shaft for my Rogue driver. I was using the Project X Evenflow (6.0, 65g) that it came with but that shaft is no more. I'm not sure what shaft I want to go with now, I am considering the UST Proforce V2 (black) due to price and known quality. I'm still trying to find my driver swing, so I'm not 100% sure what the best shaft for me will be going forward. I'm also not opposed to just replacing the Evenflow with another one.

I guess I have two questions:

1. Aside from Callaway Pre-owned, are there any good sites for ordering shafts with the adapter already installed?
2. If you were to recommend a good "catch-all" driver shaft, which would it be?

Something lower launching than my $taper. Maybe Modus 120 or TourV 110. Or maybe I just need a new golf swing haha

So, after a slight "mishap" last night I'm in the market for a new shaft for my Rogue driver. I was using the Project X Evenflow (6.0, 65g) that it came with but that shaft is no more. I'm not sure what shaft I want to go with now, I am considering the UST Proforce V2 (black) due to price and known quality. I'm still trying to find my driver swing, so I'm not 100% sure what the best shaft for me will be going forward. I'm also not opposed to just replacing the Evenflow with another one.

1. Aside from Callaway Pre-owned, are there any good sites for ordering shafts with the adapter already installed?

Email Danny and ask him what he would suggest. He might also have some older shafts laying around he can build up for you. He won’t mind I promise, he wants all his ShaftUp guys playing as good as they can:)

Ebay. Search for what you want and add Callaway to the end. There will probably be a bunch of stock offerings up for bid/sale.

That's where I find the best deals. Sometimes you have to be patient though. If you can't driver shafts are pretty easy to install adapters on and butt trim. I've trimmed with a PVC hacksaw before but highly recommend a dremel cutting wheel if you have one.

This is a really tough question... It's so dependent on your swing & preferred feel. I will say that the Synergy shaft they shipped with the Rogue last year is a solid pairing. I would probably go up to a 60g but that's all about preference and what weight works best for you.

Email Danny and ask him what he would suggest. He might also have some older shafts laying around he can build up for you. He won’t mind I promise, he wants all his ShaftUp guys playing as good as they can:)

Not a bad idea. I was planning on dropping him a line soon anyway just to follow up on Shaft Up and let him know how my Recoils were working out for me.

Ebay. Search for what you want and add Callaway to the end. There will probably be a bunch of stock offerings up for bid/sale.

That's where I find the best deals. Sometimes you have to be patient though. If you can't driver shafts are pretty easy to install adapters on and butt trim. I've trimmed with a PVC hacksaw before but highly recommend a dremel cutting wheel if you have one.

This is a really tough question... It's so dependent on your swing & preferred feel. I will say that the Synergy shaft they shipped with the Rogue last year is a solid pairing. I would probably go up to a 60g but that's all about preference and what weight works best for you.

I've been checking ebay a bit, for some reason it worries me slightly to buy a used shaft on there but I'm not sure why.

And I understand #2 is a tough question to answer.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Currently have the speeder shaft in my XR16 3 wood in a stiff.

I use a Grafalloy Bi-matrix X flex in my driver and am wondering if I should get something similar for the 3 wood? I'm thinking same type of shaft but in a stiff to get a touch more launch as it is a flat ball flight with driver

Ok, just dropped him a note. I actually realized I had a wedge shaft question to ask him as well, so it ended up being a lengthy email.

My questions were would the Equalizer wedges with the Recoil 780s fit well with my irons, or should I have a set of wedges with Recoil 110s built, and if he thought either the Proforce V2 or Proforce Gold would be good options for my driver. While I'd love to consider a Helium or The ATTAS, my wife would kill me if I spent that much on a shaft. :)

Something lower launching than my $taper. Maybe Modus 120 or TourV 110. Or maybe I just need a new golf swing haha
@jdtox I think I have a set of Modus 120 x-stiff shafts in a set of heads that I need to pull as they are too much for me.. I'm on the hunt for Modus 105 stiff shafts to go in them

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I don’t think you’ll see the difference you hope from
The $ to the 120, IME at least

pondering alot more PX/TT shafts right now

I don’t think you’ll see the difference you hope from
The $ to the 120, IME at least

Thanks. you’ve hit way more shafts than me I’ll trust your judgment. Actually entertaining the possibility it’s me not the shaft haha

Thanks. you’ve hit way more shafts than me I’ll trust your judgment. Actually entertaining the possibility it’s me not the shaft haha

BLASPHEMY!

This is the internet, we all have AWESOME swings, hahaha

As far as price goes, I've been installing alot of the Matrix Black Tie shafts lately. They don't make them anymore, but you can pick up brand new uncut shafts on Ebay for like 50 bucks. Just look up black tie 60m4.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Matrix-60M...hash=item546c797fa7:m:muvsj6KGg7iszOu_vuuE18w

Did you find a shaft already? If not then send me a pm and I’ll send you one.

Did you find a shaft already? If not then send me a pm and I’ll send you one.

Aww... you're da bestest!

I really need to get somewhere to try out iron shafts. Feel like I keep reverting to Recoils because I think they will work for me.... and then I get them and struggle.

The Rogue iron shafts I have right now, I like, but still don't know if they are right for me. There just isn't anywhere local that I can get in and try stuff out and actually analyze things. Probably overthinking too much.

I really need to get somewhere to try out iron shafts. Feel like I keep reverting to Recoils because I think they will work for me.... and then I get them and struggle.

The Rogue iron shafts I have right now, I like, but still don't know if they are right for me. There just isn't anywhere local that I can get in and try stuff out and actually analyze things. Probably overthinking too much.

If you want graphite, then try catalyst. Feel of graphite but playing characteristic of steel.

Pondering going to a heavier shaft in my driver. Love the 75G in my 3W...

For those that have or are using steelfiber i95 or i110 in the utility/driving iron, do you play these shafts at a steel length or graphite length? Also, do you tip it more than suggested because of the weight of the head? I plan on putting in i110 cw in srixon u85 4 and 5 irons. Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Evenflow Blue.

Their fitting software puts me in a 65gr 5.5 which surprised me.

I was anticipating a 55gr.

I know there aren't as many Blue users here, but still curious if they run true to flex.

Back