Golf Shaft Pondering Thread

I have the KBS custom white shafts on my RTX3’s and I’m thinking of swapping those out for shafts I’m more comfortable with. Either that or all new wedges haha
Answer to that is yes.

Haha, THP, where ponders turn to the what did you buy today posts

You’ll be able to hit an 80g 6.0 Wednesday for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Going to take you up on that!

Pondering trying a ~75g driver shaft to see if that helps bring a little of my consistency back. I’ve been ALL over the place recently.

I've simmered a season long ponder for the Fuji Ventus for my G400 Max but even on ebay, prices are still up there.

Nippon GOST shafts.

Time on LM today combined with my made for me driver shaft and my mind is effing broken.

I've simmered a season long ponder for the Fuji Ventus for my G400 Max but even on ebay, prices are still up there.

Same here, more so with the Ventus Black release.

That, or the PX HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 6.5TX...

Ponder turned to purchase before I could post. PX HZRDUS smoke black and Evenflow black both delivered today. One of these has to be the key to more fairways

Seriously pondering a UST Mamiya Helium 4 F3 shaft on a Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo driver. My KK TiNi 70 on my current driver is 10 grams heavier, but there isn't much of a weight difference there.

HZRDUS Black and HZRDUS Smoke Green...have the green, just need to get it setup, but curious if the straight black could work for me too.

I have an Oban Kiyoshi Purple hybrid shaft on the way, just need to decide whether it goes in the Ping G410 or I wait and see how it plays in the U500 that's on the way.

You can get Aldila RIP alpha's for a decent price now a days, and I'm pondering some.

I've hit a few irons shafts lately and like the feel of the Modus T 120X. The extra weight from the Modus T 105X is a better fit, and the launch is a touch lower, something I think I would like to see. I'm not ready to go through a full fitting just yet (costs $) and will work through some other shafts. I haven't found a KBS shaft that felt good to me. Next up will be TT DG. I also have an interest in graphite but obtaining something appropriate to hit in a cost effective way has so far eluded me.

Getting the right ball flight is going to be interesting. I think my launch angles are too high (22-23 for 7i). I get good distances and spin, and neither instructor I have worked with had any concern about ball flight. Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree. This is where I do need fitting expertise. I don't want to simply target my ball flight after numbers I read on an internet page.

86539CC0-03AE-4C10-8CB7-54A942AD7FD7.jpeg

Well that looks awfully purty. Is that a colored chrome or is it just the way the light is bouncing off the gloss finish?
Pretty much like chrome. It’s an ion finish like UST uses on recoils and PX used on the Hulk.

going to build a couple of wedges that should last me until the Vokey Experience in late June. Thinking of toying with graphite wedge shafts.

going to build a couple of wedges that should last me until the Vokey Experience in late June. Thinking of toying with graphite wedge shafts.

What weight?

Back