Golf Shaft Pondering Thread

Currently have the Project X Evenflow Green 55g 6.0 in my driver (Epic Flash 9° Subzero set to -1/N) but due to increasing my swing speed this year I am now spinning it a bit higher than my instructor would like after my last lesson

Do I go for the same shaft in a stiffer flex, same flex but heavier weight shaft, or look at something different?

I don't have numbers but I think club speed was getting close to 105mph with spin averaging around 3,000rpm - ball flight looks high (all clubs, not just driver) due to the changes I have been working on, with driver miss tending to be a push or push/fade when I don't square the clubface up

Annoyingly I can't go try anything anywhere due to our current UK lockdown, but hopefully I will be able to try some options once the country opens up again

Ventus Black Hybrid 90TX in Cobra King Utility......

Had such a great year with playing a VA Nemesys shaft in my EF Driver this year, thinking of putting a Nemesys shaft in a ST190 3 wood I bought in the Marketplace

Had such a great year with playing a VA Nemesys shaft in my EF Driver this year, thinking of putting a Nemesys shaft in a ST190 3 wood I bought in the Marketplace

I struggled seeing success with the Nemesys in fairways. However, saw some great success with the Drago and VYLYN.

I struggled seeing success with the Nemesys in fairways. However, saw some great success with the Drago and VYLYN.
Thinking they are a little more stiffer through out the shaft? Think me being a senior might lend me to the Nemesys or Slay.

Thinking they are a little more stiffer through out the shaft? Think me being a senior might lend me to the Nemesys or Slay.

They make the Drago in lightweight and soft flexes as well. I actually fit a client into the Drago 55 A paired with a Tour Edge 4 wood and it was a killer product for them. The Slay is my least favorite product from them, but every so often I’ll have someone who pairs with it.

Anyone have a fun recommendation for a set of hybrid irons? Trying come up with a 95-105g shaft stiff flex.

Was going to try the true temper binary but didn’t work out when i did more research, leaning to the 100g Catalyst, but open to steel or graphite.

Anyone have a fun recommendation for a set of hybrid irons? Trying come up with a 95-105g shaft stiff flex.

Was going to try the true temper binary but didn’t work out when i did more research, leaning to the 100g Catalyst, but open to steel or graphite.
this is more about me than you.

1606020061174.png

I don't have a ton of experience with graphite iron shafts, but during my CC fitting I was fit into the Fuji Pro 95i, which was 100% out of left field for me coming of 120g steel irons. Dunno if they'll fit your swing, but they felt like they'd blend well into the hybrids. I've also been enjoying the Catalyst that comes stock int he Mav hybrids.

I can’t stop thinking about the autoflex shaft! Thank god I can’t even justify the cost even though I have tried to talk myself into it

Last edited:
I hit a few balls with the Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX and am intrigued. More testing next week before potentially ordering one.

Have tried to HZRDUS Smoke Yellow this past year. Had some success with it, but at times it feels a bit stiff, and like it isnt loading. Pondering something maybe not as stiff in the tip section?? but this just an uninformed guess at this point. Have some research to do.

New to the forum. I'm a very healthy 73 years old and a 16 handicap but can go low on occasion as I did a couple of weeks ago with a 37 for nine, couldn't do 18 as it was late afternoon and light was becoming an issue. I've played Ping ISI irons since 1998, regular flex shaft (zz65). I'm trying to decide on reshafting to graphite, Catalyst 55 or similar or just buying a new set (Calaway Maverik, Ping 410, etc.). I like my ISIs and they've served me well over the years but, the distance loss and the arthritic joints tell me to go to graphite. I feel they'd work for me with the new shafts but, for a couple of hundred bucks more I could have the latest technology. How about some conversation to help me along in my decision, please? Reshaft or go new?

Still pondering a Paderson for the apex utility head that needs to be reshafted.

I hit a few balls with the Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX and am intrigued. More testing next week before potentially ordering one.
Hit it next to the more standard black version by chance? I’m curious about the differences...

something different for my 3h. the stock catalyst feels a little soft. i love the kbs tour proto in my 4h, but i’m interested in something a little livelier yet stable. maybe something in the recoil family.

Hit it next to the more standard black version by chance? I’m curious about the differences...
The Black felt a bit less responsive to me, firmer mid section, not as smooth. I did like the RDX Black more than the Smoke Black and original HZRDUS Black. The Blue just had a smoother kick to me and I was able to just swing naturally without having to feel like I was swinging harder.

New to the forum. I'm a very healthy 73 years old and a 16 handicap but can go low on occasion as I did a couple of weeks ago with a 37 for nine, couldn't do 18 as it was late afternoon and light was becoming an issue. I've played Ping ISI irons since 1998, regular flex shaft (zz65). I'm trying to decide on reshafting to graphite, Catalyst 55 or similar or just buying a new set (Calaway Maverik, Ping 410, etc.). I like my ISIs and they've served me well over the years but, the distance loss and the arthritic joints tell me to go to graphite. I feel they'd work for me with the new shafts but, for a couple of hundred bucks more I could have the latest technology. How about some conversation to help me along in my decision, please? Reshaft or go new?
Easy choice go new! Lots of tech advancements since the isi’s were released

something different for my 3h. the stock catalyst feels a little soft. i love the kbs tour proto in my 4h, but i’m interested in something a little livelier yet stable. maybe something in the recoil family.

fuji pro 2.0 hybrid is pretty good.

The Black felt a bit less responsive to me, firmer mid section, not as smooth. I did like the RDX Black more than the Smoke Black and original HZRDUS Black. The Blue just had a smoother kick to me and I was able to just swing naturally without having to feel like I was swinging harder.

:love::love::love:

Check out the Kinetixx Ballistic.

Back