Golf Shaft Pondering Thread

Check out the Kinetixx Ballistic.

driver speed is 103-105 these days. 4h shaft is 80g. do you think the 80g ballistic would be best?

driver speed is 103-105 these days. 4h shaft is 80g. do you think the 80g ballistic would be best?

I think you would be solid there if you like it in the 4. If you prefer heavier that exists, but its such a different beast and feels incredible. @Canadan reviewed the irons version on video and there is a thread on it if interested. I played the iron version for much of the year.

Easy choice go new! Lots of tech advancements since the isi’s were released
MH,
Thanks for your reply. I just ordered the Ping g410 irons, Alta CB soft regular +1 upright, -1/2" length. I'm quite happy with the performance and the look is, IMO, much nicer than the Calaway Mavrik (too chunky). The top line on the Ping is much closer to the ISIs. During the fitting I was killing it with the Pings!

Trying the short shaft experiment in my Srixon Z785 since it worked so well in the Optiforce 440. Had a good ol' White Tie laying around so I bought a Srixon tip and threw it in for the first time today. Besides the not warmed up hook on the first hole, I drove the ball pretty well today. Very surprised how low I am hitting the ball with that shaft, but it's not obscenely low... just may have some issues carrying any tall trees on some corners, but no big deal.

I think that it's safe to say that the shorter shaft has definitely been working well for me over the last dozen or so rounds.

Thinking of a switch to graphite, going to offload some gear from last year to support my addiction (I mean hobby).

I had NS Modus Pro3 XS 120gm & Dynamic Gold 120gm XS.

Thinking of potentially a multi weight set (lighter in longer irons, heavier in shorter), who should I be looking at?

I'm leaning towards the Hogan Pro Combo set for this experiment so I'd also need to know what shafts to put in them when ordering.

i am about to try out a new 6 iron with the UST Recoil 660 shaft. If that works out I'll probably reshaft my 7-pw with the same shaft

i was looking to try another shaft in the Mav SZ but the Rogue White 130 felt great...i think it's staying.

Pondering the shafts to go in a RADSpeed 9 degree head. Need lower spin than my present Tensei Orange CK 60 Stiff. Spin is around 29-3200. Wondering if the Cobra shafts are the real deal RDX Blue with Hex and if the Motore F1/F3 are painted items and not the real deal

Pondering the shafts to go in a RADSpeed 9 degree head. Need lower spin than my present Tensei Orange CK 60 Stiff. Spin is around 29-3200. Wondering if the Cobra shafts are the real deal RDX Blue with Hex and if the Motore F1/F3 are painted items and not the real deal
Can’t speak for Fuji, but the PX is the real deal and KP spoke about that quite a bit in our Showcase today which you can watch on YouTube.

Can’t speak for Fuji, but the PX is the real deal and KP spoke about that quite a bit in our Showcase today which you can watch on YouTube.
Works been busy tonight. Haven’t had time to catch up. Will before the week is over.

Anyone using a Smoke Green X stiff with 6-8* of loft? What kind of launch conditions are you looking at to maximize distance? I just need to figure out the dynamic loft I should be delivering to get it out there ~320 carry.

After the live THP Showcase with True Temper yesterday...those Elevate & LS shafts have me pondering.

Reeeeaaaally want a new 3W and a HZRDUS shaft to go with it...

Mind is wandering towards the possibility of the Ventus blue or the smoke blue RDX when I can finally get a chance to test them here in the UK

Pretty neat teaser hitting the home page tomorrow

Had the pleasure of testing a Ventus Blue 6X @ 45.5” in the Callaway Speed 9° and Max LS 10.5°. This is the first time in 8 years I swung a Fujikura shaft. The VB 6X belonged to the guy running my local club’s golf academy. He gave it to me to try after watching me post good numbers with a Diamana ZF 60S. During my testing my CHS topped out at 103.1 mph which isn’t X flex territory however I wanted to see what made Ventus all the rage. Well, even in the wrong flex for me, the VB had a smoothness and stability that I hadn’t felt before! I thought Mitsubishi had the market on smooth and stable but I now know that may not be the case. In compto ZF, the VB 6X felt smoother, more responsive and more stable. The shaft had a linear load and release that was intoxicating! I hit bomb after bomb. The final averages bested the ZF 60S in carry and dispersion. Spin and launch were a touch low for my liking.

I emailed my fitter/club builder and a good friend that use to own his own fitting company to ask about their experiences with Ventus. They both felt a Ventus Blue in 6S would likely bring up launch, increase spin a few hundred revs and give me more ball speed because the shaft will load more. They expected once I got my timing down dispersion would improve too.

Looks like a call to Modern Golf is in order!

Put a hard ponder in on recoil iron shafts today....just don't think I'm ready.

Trying to decide shaft to put in Radspeed one length. Currently has steelfiber i95 in my standard length forge tec. Considering the same shaft of recoil 95 in the Radspeed. I play the i95s in regular flex due to their reputation of playing stiff to said flex. All recoils I have tried have been stiff. Have not tried the recoil 95s.

Do any of you attempt to find shafts that work for you / your swing based on shafts you've previously been fitted into (i.e., same general characteristics)?

I was recently fitted into a Fujikura Speeder V and would like to understand what else might work for me based on a similar profile.

Nemesys for the G425...🧐

Last edited:
I have hit so many driver and iron shafts lately that my ponder list needs a database application to manage it. 🙄

Diamana TB is coming into focus as as a leading ponder. I want to better explore similar options. I hit the RDX blue in a RADSPEED and mostly liked it, although the experience with glitchy GCHawk setups at PGATSS did not help. I have not yet hit the Ventus blue but do like the black.

Need something fun for my 5 wood. Would love to try a TZ6 or a GD HD.

Back