Golf Shaft Pondering Thread

Posted this in the C300 iron thread but I'm torn on the KBS Tour 90's in these. Seems like these things send the ball into outer space. Can see these things being hard to play with in the wind. I'm a newb when it comes to shafts.

Just tread carefully, they’re not the most launch friendly for some.

There are also the atmos blue or red hybrid shafts. Those are great and are not super expensive anymore.. i think in the 150 range.

There are also the atmos blue or red hybrid shafts. Those are great and are not super expensive anymore.. i think in the 150 range.
That’s the other one I was thinking of putting into my post, if I didn’t hate the Atmos line so much :ROFLMAO:

It TOTALLY fits the bill though.

That’s the other one I was thinking of putting into my post, if I didn’t hate the Atmos line so much :ROFLMAO:

It TOTALLY fits the bill though.

I was not a fan either but I know many were.

Well I enjoy the 1K in my driver so much that now I want one in my 4 wood. Good grief that fitting was expensive.

Really have an itch to try a Nippon NS Pro Regio Formula MB in my driver. Finding one on the used market is tougher than spotting a unicorn.

I’ve been looking for the Formula B for 2 years now! I can’t justify dropping $3-400 on a shaft I’ve never swung!

Regular fitting places don't carry Nippon graphite shafts? I figured since they are one of the big shaft brands that their graphite stuff would be available to test out. Although you'd still end up paying close to MSRP if you're purchasing through a fitter.

Just got some used Bridgestone J15 MB irons with Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 (Stiff) shafts (1/2" longer). Currently trying to decide if I'll stick with them or swap the DG X100 (1.5" longer) from my old set on to them. I'm 6'4 and build like a linebacker, so more stiffness and extra length is never a bad thing. Just need to spend some time with the new clubs to see how they feel!

Would be curious to try a Mitsu 1k…. Yah know, for science.

I need to install these

2CA729F7-048E-48E8-A917-C7C14FD5B522.jpeg

9F4DE4DD-0BE4-4D66-83B2-79AF9DB09E1F.jpeg

New ACCRA.

AD-DI 7.

New LINQ. :love:

Low/Mid trajectory wedge shaft? Can't say I've heard of such a combination... Just extra stout?
Most wedge shafts actually try to be low/mid, it’s all about flattening the flight a bit to prevent ballooning while keeping the spin up.

Most wedge shafts actually try to be low/mid, it’s all about flattening the flight a bit to prevent ballooning while keeping the spin up.
That makes sense! Thanks!

UST Mamiya Proforce V2 CB

Is anyone familar with the FUJIKURA GOLF PRO SERIES 2.0 GRAPHITE RESCUE HYBRID SHAFT?

Looking to replace the Alta CB shafts on my G410 Hybrids with something a bit heavier and stiffer and has a mid trajectory.

Recoil 110 to put in the SZ 4i for use as driving Iron again. 🤔

I guess it goes here, it is a shaft
The stability shaft for my putter!

any thoughts? Is it worth the $249

Thinking of trying Nippon shafts in my wedges, heard great things about them.

Have Recoil 95's in the wedges to match the irons, thinking about something different, possibly a bit heavier in at least the lob wedge. The lob wedge feels a bit too head heavy and the sand wedge goes really high, which is great, expect trying to flight one in can be tough.

Anyone with any thoughts? Leaning towards staying in graphite to align with the rest of the irons.

Back