Golf Shaft Pondering Thread

Gonna try this combo out later... Plays at 44.5" with the ck orange... We'll see

20210807_121129.jpg

20210807_121135.jpg

Just dropped a UST Mamiya Linq purple into a Cobra RADSpeed driver!

Just dropped a UST Mamiya Linq purple into a Cobra RADSpeed driver!

gotta get my LIN-Q GunMetal re-tipped for some 300 mini play

OMG if you like golf shafts and knowledge, you will NOT want to miss this Friday's episode of Off Course.
My goodness Jason lays down the info and its EFFIN CRAZY!

Kinetixx fairway shafts for my incoming Cobra fairways.

BIG ponder.

Anyone have any knowledge or experience with the Tensei AV Raw line of shafts.

I want to try something weird and/or stupid.

.....I want to try 125-130 in my irons again

I kinda want to go back to steel just the same. Just not sure what, or if I’m that dedicated

Ventus Blue for my driver. Hmmm!

I feel like I need to replace my G400 driver shaft but I have no idea where to start. This will be my first jump into aftermarket shafts.

The reason I think I need to replace the Alta CB 55 shaft is ball flight and dispersion. I tend to have a very high ball flight that is probably robbing me of distance and dispersion is a bit erratic as well. I'm not a fast swing, usually high 80's if I put mustard on it I may touch 90. My current distance is 225 carry and 240ish on the roll. Ball speed 130ish. Launch angle between 10.5 - 14.4.

Here's my latest dispersion chart:
IMG_1874.jpeg

I'm not sure if those stats help but if anyone has a recommendation I'm all ears.

Last edited:
I feel like I need to replace my G400 driver shaft but I have no idea where to start. This will be my first jump into aftermarket shafts.

The reason I think I need to replace the Alta CB 55 shaft is ball flight and dispersion. I tend to have a very high ball flight that is probably robbing me of distance and dispersion is a bit erratic as well. I'm not a fast swing, usually high 80's if I put mustard on it I may touch 90. My current distance is 225 carry and 240ish on the roll. Ball speed 130ish. Launch angle between 10.5 - 14.4.

I'm not sure if those stats help but if anyone has a recommendation I'm all ears.
Have you ever done a demo day, or a fitting for driver? It's amazing what you can find out from monitor data!

How high are we talking? Honestly that rally doesn’t look all that bad. Launch angle seems to be in a good window as well. What is it you want to achieve?

Have you ever done a demo day, or a fitting for driver? It's amazing what you can find out from monitor data!
Before I bought the G400 I went to Golf Exchange and hit a few different options and was recommended the G425 but they didn't change any of the shafts. I've got a Golf Galaxy relatively close maybe I can try them. What are demo days? Is that when MFG's come to a local course? I'd love to find one of those!

How high are we talking? Honestly that rally doesn’t look all that bad. Launch angle seems to be in a good window as well. What is it you want to achieve?
Trackman says 100-110 ft. It seems higher than that when I'm on the course though. I'd like to achieve a bit more distance from a more penetrating ball flight if possible.

Before I bought the G400 I went to Golf Exchange and hit a few different options and was recommended the G425 but they didn't change any of the shafts. I've got a Golf Galaxy relatively close maybe I can try them. What are demo days? Is that when MFG's come to a local course? I'd love to find one of those!
Yeah basically. They may do them randomly at some of the bigger ranges in our area, but maybe not this time of year.

I think Golf Galaxy has improved their setup - otherwise I'd tell you to stay the heck away from there. Exchange is awesome and they'll let you hit and switch shafts. I think a lot of people go to Miles of Golf as well, but it's down in Kentucky.

Yeah basically. They may do them randomly at some of the bigger ranges in our area, but maybe not this time of year.

I think Golf Galaxy has improved their setup - otherwise I'd tell you to stay the heck away from there. Exchange is awesome and they'll let you hit and switch shafts. I think a lot of people go to Miles of Golf as well, but it's down in Kentucky.
Oh yeah! There is a Miles of Golf down the street in Fairfield. I’m a cheap SOB so I’ll call tomorrow and see what their rates are.

Oh yeah! There is a Miles of Golf down the street in Fairfield. I’m a cheap SOB so I’ll call tomorrow and see what their rates are.
Some of those places will let you demo at your leisure.. Even better when they have companies come in.

Always helps to just let them know what you're trying to see. They might point you in the right direction without charging you a fee.

Trackman says 100-110 ft. It seems higher than that when I'm on the course though. I'd like to achieve a bit more distance from a more penetrating ball flight if possible.
Those numbers sound pretty good to be honest. Height and spin are gonna matter at that swing speed. As @Canadan mentioned I’d go in and try to get an actual fitting and the ball can also make a difference.

Does anyone split weight in their irons? Am I completely nuts for pondering say 110 g shafts in PW-8 and 100 g 7-5?

Does anyone split weight in their irons? Am I completely nuts for pondering say 110 g shafts in PW-8 and 100 g 7-5?
I started a thread on that recently... Considering companies like TT are already doing that with AMT, I don't think it's nuts at all.

Picked up an insane deal on a LinQ shaft for driver. Just need to get the adapter changed out to Cobra to see how it does for me.

Should I make my iron shafts match before the MC? Or nah? :LOL:

Back