Golf Shaft Pondering Thread

Picked up an insane deal on a LinQ shaft for driver. Just need to get the adapter changed out to Cobra to see how it does for me.
I think you’ll enjoy it. Most underrated shafts for metalwoods out there, still. Ventus get buzz, but IMO LINQ is the complete package.

I think you like doing club work, and you like even more getting away from the crazy sometimes haha

I vote make them perfect.
I hit them pretty well :LOL:

I could just put the Tour V’s in them?

Just dropped a UST Mamiya Linq purple into a Cobra RADSpeed driver!
Thinking of going this route, did you ever spend much time with the F3 in it? How would you describe the similarities and differences?

Thinking of going this route, did you ever spend much time with the F3 in it? How would you describe the similarities and differences?
The LINQ is superior. For the love of God trust me. :LOL:

Recoil 95, or Kinetixx Ballistic 95? :unsure:

I really want to try out some graphite iron shafts and see how my numbers look. It may be something I experiment with in 2022

graphite iron shafts. i'm starting to think it's a necessity at this point. i have a fitting in a few weeks, and unfortunately i don't think my swing will be where i was hoping it would be. but the wrists, elbow and shoulders are starting to scream louder and louder, and golf courses around me seem to be less and less interested in keeping grass alive on driving ranges and are just throwing down cheap mats.

Is the LINQ good for a fairway wood? Maybe a 70g Red.
Can’t speak on the new ones, but I played a purple most of the last year and a half in my 3w’s

Recoil 95, or Kinetixx Ballistic 95? :unsure:

MMT? I'm not sure what changed, but the std. Apex with MMT 95s have been rocket launchers for me. Maybe I just figured out my swing, but they're going as long or longer than I was hitting my TMs or my Apex Mixed combo in the summer time. Going to get some sim time with them tonight.

MMT? I'm not sure what changed, but the std. Apex with MMT 95s have been rocket launchers for me. Maybe I just figured out my swing, but they're going as long or longer than I was hitting my TMs or my Apex Mixed combo in the summer time. Going to get some sim time with them tonight.
Reviewed them, they’re ok!

Second this!! My MMT 105's are awesome. Good tip if you are used to tapered steel.

Been enjoying my HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue, and it goes when I step on in. My problem has been that I can easily get out of sorts trying to swing harder than my usual comfortable tempo. I don't take a full backswing, in anticipation of having to get to the ball quickly. Just too much thinking while swinging. I have a relatively smooth transition, and can't help but wonder if something else would work more with my swing, than me trying to fit my swing to the shaft. So this winter I will be pondering a new driver shaft.

Ventus Black in 5 X has me ...... :unsure::unsure:

Been enjoying my HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue, and it goes when I step on in. My problem has been that I can easily get out of sorts trying to swing harder than my usual comfortable tempo. I don't take a full backswing, in anticipation of having to get to the ball quickly. Just too much thinking while swinging. I have a relatively smooth transition, and can't help but wonder if something else would work more with my swing, than me trying to fit my swing to the shaft. So this winter I will be pondering a new driver shaft.

Tried the HZRDUS Yellow? I'm a little longer backswing, but I have a pretty smooth transition and see the same results with the Smoke Blue when I try to go after it.

LINQ got some love from TXG today so maybe a ponder there

LINQ got some love from TXG today so maybe a ponder there
LinQ is so good, might be my favorite shaft I've ever had in my driver...with one exception and thats my custom

Tried the HZRDUS Yellow? I'm a little longer backswing, but I have a pretty smooth transition and see the same results with the Smoke Blue when I try to go after it.
I played the HZRDUS Smoke yellow before this, and the Yellow seemed quite a bit stiffer, and didnt work nearly as well for me. The RDX Blue seems to work better, but I still wonder if something would work even better.

Wanting to try a LA golf Tour AXS white in 50 gram

I played the HZRDUS Smoke yellow before this, and the Yellow seemed quite a bit stiffer, and didnt work nearly as well for me. The RDX Blue seems to work better, but I still wonder if something would work even better.

I was referring to the non-smoke version, but not sure how they compare as I've never hit the smoke yellow.

Back