Golf Shirts: Solid or Pattern

cotton only?

Most that I own are 100% cotton. A few 50 - 50. Maybe refuse was too strong of a word. If I wear them, and I have and probably will again, I wear a cotton t-shirt underneath. I would not buy a 100% polyester shirt for myself.

Most that I own are 100% cotton. A few 50 - 50. Maybe refuse was too strong of a word. If I wear them, and I have and probably will again, I wear a cotton t-shirt underneath. I would not buy a 100% polyester shirt for myself.
Living in Georgia I know you're intimately familiar with humidity. Doesn't the humidity kill you wearing all cotton?

Solids are a lot easier to match to, and that’s appreciated for sure.

Living in Georgia I know you're intimately familiar with humidity. Doesn't the humidity kill you wearing all cotton?

No. The more I sweat, the better I play. I stink this time of year. Haha

why solids for you vs the patterns?
It feels like I can wear them more often or with more hats and pants than anything with a pattern. I may just be in my head about it though.

It feels like I can wear them more often or with more hats and pants than anything with a pattern. I may just be in my head about it though.

it is a mental game, why not make scripting mental as well 🤷🏽‍♂️

@OITW I was wrong on my original 50/50 assessment. My shirt breakdown is 17 of 26 in favor of patterned. Since I’m not intimidated by the math of it, that’s 65% of my golf shirts that have a pattern. Of the 11 solids, 2 are black. Why do I need multiple solid black golf shirts? I probably found them on a really good deal and couldn’t pass them up.

Patterns. Kinda like black clothes, I feel patterns are slimming and look better on slightly overweight 55+ guys ;)

I'm more of a solids guy or subtle patterns.

@OITW I was wrong on my original 50/50 assessment. My shirt breakdown is 17 of 26 in favor of patterned. Since I’m not intimidated by the math of it, that’s 65% of my golf shirts that have a pattern. Of the 11 solids, 2 are black. Why do I need multiple solid black golf shirts? I probably found them on a really good deal and couldn’t pass them up.

SS 👊👊👊👊

Thank you for the most comprehensive answer in the thread.

The percentage is greater, but only 4 shirts isn’t a substantial increase.

You can’t beat a good deal

SS 👊👊👊👊

Thank you for the most comprehensive answer in the thread.

The percentage is greater, but only 4 shirts isn’t a substantial increase.

You can’t beat a good deal
I would also like to add that I do not own any white golf shorts or pants. I don’t know why, I just thought it was an important fact to share.

I would also like to add that I do not own any white shorts or pants. I don’t know why, I just thought it was an important fact to share.

Neither do I and I think it’s a wise decision lol

Mostly solids, but I do rock this beaut now and then:
1608732322924.png

Furthermore, I own 7 horizontal stripe shirts. 0 vertical stripe shirts. I’m pretty lean so the horizontal stripes aren’t a problem for me.

I would also like to add that I do not own any white golf shorts or pants. I don’t know why, I just thought it was an important fact to share.
None here either. White is not a good color for me on the golf course, I take too many side excursions into places where I don't stay clean.

Patterns. I wore solids with a tie for way too many years.

Most are Puma and have some sort of pattern. Have a few solids but its probably an 85/15 split.

Solids and stripes, a few patterns but tough to pull those off.

My shorts/pants are solids, I prefer patterned tops to break the monotony. Prefer geometric, color blocking or abstract patterns to florals or animal prints.

That’s legit, what brand?
Footjoy. Pickings were slim when I ordered and their sizing recommendations are way off for me (said I should wear a L, but a S fits me best)

Back