Golf Shopping Network, Would it work???

KY Golfer

It's for Kentucky, Lol #Paradise4Life
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Bourbon
During the Holidays, I tend to stop on the shopping networks a little (I'm not embarrassed ;)) while flipping thru channels due to
some of the deals they have and it made me wonder. Would a golf shopping network work? They could make deals with the OEM's
like they do for the items they sale now. They can sale the one-off items that we see advertised on the Golf Channel. I know I would
tune in sometimes to see what they had. Would you? Do you think it could work?

I don't think it would get the exposure that the internet offers to justify the cost of its existence. Like, would it have live hosts, or just a run of infomercials?

I don't think it would get the exposure that the internet offers to justify the cost of its existence. Like, would it have live hosts, or just a run of infomercials?
Live hosts for most of the day. Maybe some infomercials thrown is every so many hours.

I think it could work as a special thing during holidays and golf major weeks on Golf Channel. It would beat the heck out of seeing a lame golf movie for the thousanth time.

I'd rather it just be available on the internet. I don't want to sit around watching TV to decide if I want to buy something.

Maybe for certain items it could help, like watching a training aid in action, or see someone use a putting mat or gate. First thing came to mind was the PuttOut, but if during the show I never once saw someone get the ball in that hole, I'd wonder if it was even possible.

I'd like to see a web site that takes advantage of bulk buys to lower equipment prices. One that I have used in the past is drop.com for outdoor equipment.
You commit to a purchase and if they sell so many you get a reduced price. The more they sell the more the price is lowered. Might also be a good format to have smaller manufacturers gain exposure!? You could also have regional tabs that sell-off tee times/vouchers for local courses. If anyone does anything with this idea please cut me a deal;-)

I don’t think so.

During one drunken night in my early 20’s I’ll admit to buying a set of kitchen knives. They were sawing through pipes and steel toed boots with them.

Let me tell you, that is not the same set of knives that they shipped.

Isnt this what the golf channel is??

I don't think it would work, at least I would not use it. I enjoy perusing the internet, golf magazines, etc., before a purchase.

Maybe it could become part of the Golf Channel?

I think it would work and work well.
Look at the QVC and HSN example. If you can get the last and greatest clubs for a good price, free shipping and with easy pay where you can pay $x amount a month with no interest people would eat that up.
98% of golfers are not going to get fitted so buying the "best" equipment and then spreading the "no interest" payments over 3-6 months a lot of people would do that in a heart beat.

There is not enough of a market to make this work, IMHO. HSN et al need to generate somethign like $100K per hour in sales to make money. Not enough golfers and equipment in the US to make those kind of sales.

Maybe for certain items it could help, like watching a training aid in action, or see someone use a putting mat or gate. First thing came to mind was the PuttOut, but if during the show I never once saw someone get the ball in that hole, I'd wonder if it was even possible.

I agree with this. Could work for specialty items, but I don't see it being a place people go to buy clubs.

I could see it working if it weren't a 24 hour operation. The cost and logistics of going 24/7 would be massive.

All you need is a website and companies willing to participate. Let's take for example a smallish company like See More putters that wants to increase their market share. The website makes a model that retails normally for $200 available for $150 if collectively 50 units are sold. See More offers to lower the wholesale price and moves out product, the website sells at lower profit than a retail store because they have zero overhead or inventory. Putters ship directly from the manufacturer.
Welcome to Golfdrop.com;-)

Back