Golf-specific workout program

very well put. The only time I would focus solely on sport specific (and even then it's not all we would do) is after we get a good base of strength, balance, and flexibility. The sport specific would really be its own day working on using that balance and strength in sport motions to build muscle memory/routine. usually with plyometric type exercises/movements.
That's a very good point, anything "sport specific" would be fine after you have a good base strength. To add in to your regular routine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good convo, guys. I certainly fall into the “combined camp”—give me deadlifts/squats, but also give me mobility/speed exercises. For years now, I’ve had some residual back/hip pain following some injuries. My left side is awful, as my TPI assessment showed. One exercise my trainer works into each of my workouts is the single leg RDL. Holy smokes. The first several times doing it, I thought I was going to tip over when working my left side. But I’m now experiencing much better stability and balance on both sides. I’m hoping that will help me eliminate that early extension, and help me better get to my left side in the downswing.

Also, shoutout to @blugold. I know he’s super passionate about this stuff, and he has firm opinions on the matter, but it can be tough to defend those opinions without getting emotional. I’m enjoying this thread more than I generally do, and I hope people continue to share what they are doing to improve.

Degenerative conditions due to aging happen no question. Lifting has been shown to help stop and even reverse that process. Check out the success stories on the SS forums. Lots of older people up in to their 80's who have stopped the break down of there bones, joints, and muscles. I'm only 35 so I can't say look at me, although I will say I have much less aches and pains over all.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Much less than what? Your 35? I had no pain at 35 at all. When you get to 55 then talk to me about pain. :ROFLMAO: Even past 45 for that matter. As we age we have to pay for our choices when we were younger, even the so called healthy ones.

Yessir. Depending on the specific case, I have had plenty of success with lifters training through/around the tendinitis as well. The continued use can inhibit scar tissue forming around the inflamed tendon. It's going to hurt real bad and I have not had any issues with further damage being done.
That kind of sounds contradictory. Specially that final sentence. If it hurts real bad there is a reason and that is not good. Well unless your into that kind of thing.

That kind of sounds contradictory. Specially that final sentence. If it hurts real bad there is a reason and that is not good. Well unless your into that kind of thing.
I know it sounds counterintuitive. But if it's just tendinitis, use the joint. Make blood flow to the joint. Instead of waiting for the joint to heel, make it get better.

Back