Golf Stores In Your Area?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What golf stores do you have in your area (meaning with in 30 minutes of home)?

PGA Tour Superstore and Golf Galaxy.

I have one that's right around that 30 min mark. Only one on the island that is off course.

Has a decent stock and one hitting bay. I go 2-3 times a year (most years)

Dick's is the only one within 30 minutes of my home.

Austads would be the only dedicated golf shop in town. It's no PGA Superstore. But, the staff is really easy to work with. They have a GC2 and will typically have an OEM fitting cart for most major brands. Not always fully stocked on shaft offerings. But, you can at least hit some clubs with meaningful ball data. We have Scheels All Sports. But, their golf selection is pretty limited to just the main sellers and they don't typically stock the entire offering. For instance. They don't have any X stiff shafts or Sub Zeros on the shelf.

If we're talking pure golf we have Austads in town. They are usually pretty solid, a little behind on getting some releases and limited on offering with things like grips but good for the most part.

We have a really good place locally for club repair, fitting and lessons. He has some soft goods and golf balls. He has a sim he uses for teaching/fitting as well as one you can play courses and practice on.

Not one within the 30 mile radius. I have to go about 80 miles to get to a Uinta Golf

Dicks, Pro Golf Discount and Puetz Golf

Dick's Sporting Goods. If I make all the lights and there's no traffic, I could make it to Edwin Watts in 30 minutes. Academy is within 30 minutes, but I hardly consider their golf section to be worthy of inclusion. I don't think there's anything in there released within the last several years.

Two locations for DSG and one independent golf shop in this area.

Golfers Warehouse, Dicks, and Golf Galaxy just opened.

PGA Super, Golf Galaxy, Dicks and multiple local stores.

Dicks, Golf Galaxy and if memory serves there's a small mom and pop spot that has limited inventory.

Living in Houston, tons. Golf Galaxy (several), PGA superstore, Club Champion, Edwin Watts, and then there are hand full of small local store. Sad think is i'm not the biggest supporter of any of them. Do a lot of online shopping.

Golf USA and DSG

Locally owned Northway 8 Golf Center and Dick's. Northway 8 does a pretty decent job. It's no PGA SS, but they have very good selection and service. They have a TopTracer range and numerous demo days and vendor events.

Dicks, Golf Galaxy. I think that’s about it, besides some local shops.

I don’t think I have any within 30 minutes of my house.

Multiple PGA stores, Golf Galaxy, Vans and if Dicks counts.

DSG

I wish I had one 30 mins from home. Closest to me is 45 mins - 1 hour. Got Edwin Watts and DSG. Yes, I live in the boonies lol

Nothing within 30 minutes. Closest is in Sioux Falls, SD. (about 1.5 hrs. from me). Austads and Dicks both have stores there.

Last edited:
Back