Golf Stores In Your Area?

A small Golf USA (which doubles as his wife's jewelry store) and one mom-and-pop shop. Nearest big chain stores (PGATSS, Golf Galaxy, etc.) are 2 1/2 hours away.

Last edited:
Locally owned Northway 8 Golf Center and Dick's. Northway 8 does a pretty decent job. It's no PGA SS, but they have very good selection and service. They have a TopTracer range and numerous demo days and vendor events.

Spent some time at Northway 8 back in January getting help with my fitting for my Morgan Cup / Cobra bag. I have patronized that store for 20 plus years. I only use DSG for balls, gloves etc.

Not a single one...

30 min? :unsure: Just Richard's. Have to drive further for Golf Galaxy & 2nd Swing.

3 DSGs, though other than apparel their selection is pretty limited. Golf Galaxy that's ok I guess and Golfdom (edge of 30 minutes depending on the day), which is a local store I think. Golfdom has an interesting selection, but they can get near anything and offer fittings, etc. Believe they have a Callaway fitting studio there.

Multiple Golf Galaxy locations, Multiple Dicks Sporting Goods (no thanks)....those are the major brand name stores.

From there we go down to smaller privately owned shops.
-Just Golf (strictly a store about the size of a Subway restaurant lol)
-Windmill Golf Center (massive driving range and even better shop and fitter. #1 ranked fitter in the area for a long long long long time)
-Foxy Golf (2 stores, both nicely equipped and able to do indoor fittings. Probably the size of a Hallmark store)

This doesnt include Club Champion or any other fitter specific locations. A store is where you can go buy random golf crap.....i like stores. lol

In Louisville we have a Golf Galaxy and recently got a Club Champion as far as national retailers go. My favorite store though is a Golf Headquarters (I know they used to be a chain or franchise, but this one is independant). A local guy owns it and it's been open for years. He has a better selection that Golf Galaxy and you feel welcome to touch everything in his shop. He also gets some cool stuff to sale cheap from the reps that really like local folks.

Just Golf Town.
Nothing special but they fill a role and can have decent sales once or twice a year.

PGA Tour Superstore
2 Dick's Sporting Goods

We used to also have Golf Galaxy and a Golfsmiths, but both closed years ago, shortly after PGATSS opened.

I have 2 golf galaxy's and 2 Golf Marts. Also a smaller privately owned shop.

3 DSG’s within 25 miles.

1 Golf Galaxy

3 local shops (2 named Foxy Golf and 1 called DV Golf which is a KZG fitter).

Golf Mart (2 locations), Keplers local shop, Golf Galaxy/Dick's

Not much. DSG and Edwin Watts.

None within 30 minutes...DSG is about 45 min.

Golf town, par T golf and peak golf

I have a great choice of stores

PGA superstore
2-Vans golf shops
Dicks
The Golf Stop -little tiny shop next to my office

They are all opened back up also which is nice.

None.

Home course is close, but they only have course branded hats/shirts.

Next closest is golf course that’s 40 minutes from home. They sell some gear (TaylorMade) and course branded apparel.

There are no specific golf stores in the Yukon.

DSG which I don't count and nothing else less than a 2 hr drive. But, I do have 17 places within 30 minutes I can get a fresh lobster roll at! 😆

A tiny Dick's (snicker), local shop, couple proshops.

There's a local shop that has a couple sims, offers fittings and regripping. Outside of that there's a Dick's a couple towns over.

Golf Galaxy and Dick's 😞

I didn’t include custom fitters like Club Champion or Cool Clubs. There are 3 of those a Club Champion, Cool Clubs and a Tour Spec golf all within 30 minutes of my house. I don’t really count those because you can’t go browse stuff at those stores. There is also Joe & Leigh’s which is 45 minutes from my house. J&L’s is a great shop with excellent selection and a good used club section. It is still a big commitment for me to get to a shop and look at equipment.

Back