Golf Style Would You Rather: Pebble Beach vs Brand New Driver

no brainer for me: pebble!!!

I'm a pretty strong believer that courses like Pebble, shadow creek, HIGH DOLLAR courses are incredibly overrated and just never worth it, and I'd even take Pebble here.

Pebble Beach everyday of the week and twice on Sunday!

I am going Pebble. Can't think of any driver that is a bucket list item or in the case of a friend of mine the place where he scattered his dad's ashes. (He did it while walking up 18.)

Only $600 for a round at Pebble? lol

Am I paying the mandatory $1,000 hotel bill? What about all of the other taxes? Total cost for a round of golf at Pebble is a lot more than $600.

Give me the new driver. No golf course is worth $2,000+

Pebble Beach without hesitation or reservation. I currently have 3 drivers that I can play with good results. What’s another driver going to do.

I already have multiple drivers. I don't have any trips to Pebble Beach.

Easy. Pebble. Though that $600 price tag doesn't include your hotel stay or any other costs associated with it haha

Easy. Pebble. Though that $600 price tag doesn't include your hotel stay or any other costs associated with it haha
It is not required to stay on property to play Pebble, believe you can book it out a day in advance and not stay on property.

Pebble for me and it's not close.

The driver option in this thread so far...

Normally I'd say the driver, but the reality is....I'll buy one anyway.....

So Pebble it is! lol

It is not required to stay on property to play Pebble, believe you can book it out a day in advance and not stay on property.
OH? I thought it was required.

"Pebble Beach Golf Links is open to the public. In fact, it’s been unanimously rated the No. 1 Public Course in the Country. All guests of Pebble Beach Resorts can reserve a tee time at Pebble Beach Golf Links up to 18 months in advance, subject to minimum stay requirements. Non-guests can only reserve tee times 24 hours in advance."

"Pebble Beach Golf Links is open to the public. In fact, it’s been unanimously rated the No. 1 Public Course in the Country. All guests of Pebble Beach Resorts can reserve a tee time at Pebble Beach Golf Links up to 18 months in advance, subject to minimum stay requirements. Non-guests can only reserve tee times 24 hours in advance."
Got ya so you have to stay unless you book 1 day out haha. Interesting.

If the driver came with a lesson as well as a fitting ( good height to tee up with that particular club etc ) I’d take the years of happiness from the driver for sure.

Sure reads like it is mandatory:

The following Golf Booking Guidelines are subject to availability:

• Hotel guests are encouraged to request golf tee times at time of room booking.
  • A minimum stay is required to play Pebble Beach Golf Links. Please inquire about minimum stay requirements for playing multiple rounds.
  • On all other courses, 1 round may be booked per night of stay.
  • Up to 2 players may be booked per room, based on room occupancy.
  • Non-Resort guests may book The Links at Spanish Bay or Del Monte Golf Course up to 6 months in advance, Spyglass Hill Golf Course up to 3 months in advance, and Pebble Beach Golf Links 1 day in advance.
  • A minimum stay is required for any weekend stay. Please inquire at time of booking.

The one day in advance exception feels more like a unicorn than a loophole.

Sure reads like it is mandatory:

The one day in advance exception feels more like a unicorn than a loophole.
Unicorn or not, it literally says non-resort guests can book a day in advance, so it is not a 100% requirement to stay on site haha.

I'd go with the everlasting memories from a trip to Pebble beach.

Pebble isn't even really a big bucket list thing for me, but I'd still take a round there over a new driver at the same cost. I have a driver I like, and will eventually buy new drivers - I'd play Pebble once in my lifetime just to say I played it.

I've already been to Pebble twice, and given the choice today, I'd take Pebble again over a new driver.

Tools wear out and get replaced. Memories don't.

Is this any driver I could pick? Because then I would pick something like that 6k gold plated Honma, skip the fitting, and put it on Ebay to the highest bidder. That would be a no brainer. Then I could play Pebble Beach and a couple of other bucket listers on the profit.

Back