Golf this summer - Forced to walk? OR single riders only?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Was discussing this with a few people. I'm thinking social distancing is going to extend through the summer in most areas meaning unless you live in the same house you won't be riding in a cart with your buddies for a round. Is it time to invest in a push cart? Will courses charge more for single riders?

yeah I see a separate cart fee for anyone not walking.

Do you see people wearing masks on the course this summer?

Seems like they're charging $5-$10 extra here, but we are busy as ever.

yeah I see a separate cart fee for anyone not walking.

Do you see people wearing masks on the course this summer?
I don't see people wearing masks on the course no.

Time to invest.

GOLFBOARD2B.jpg

Seems like they're charging $5-$10 extra here, but we are busy as ever.
Makes sense with gas use alone let alone wear and tear on the carts. Have you noticed rounds taking longer or has the opposite happened?

It wouldn’t hurt my feelings at all to see walking only but I also have my own riding cart that’s usually just driven to the club house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are doing waking only right now but single carts were available for a time when the staffing was there to disinfect. Social distancing will be with us for more than a year, so we need to learn to adjust.

and yeah, I’m leaning toward wearing a mask on the course If I’m not playing alone.

Older guys? I could see a few...whatever gets you out and comfortable.
Maybe. Its going to be dependent on the person obviously but being outdoors to me says no, plus if you aren't near others as much if you're doing it right.

Was discussing this with a few people. I'm thinking social distancing is going to extend through the summer in most areas meaning unless you live in the same house you won't be riding in a cart with your buddies for a round. Is it time to invest in a push cart? Will courses charge more for single riders?
I'll follow whatever rules just to have them open. Yesterday was perfect for it.

Makes sense with gas use alone let alone wear and tear on the carts. Have you noticed rounds taking longer or has the opposite happened?

I don’t know that if say it takes longer for single riders or walking only as our course has been packed. There’s only so much you can do with a course penalizes shots that are slightly offline.

Im hoping locally it’s a walking thing, mainly because it’ll keep the lazy people out of my way. ;)

C
I'll follow whatever rules just to have them open. Yesterday was perfect for it.
Same but its something I've been thinking quite a bit about.

Here's another...Will social distancing make the game less enjoyable for some? Sharing a cart with a buddy is one of the more enjoyable aspects of a round of golf for me...

I don't see people wearing masks on the course no.

The people I see wearing masks mostly, seem to not get the idea of not touching the flag stick. All PPE’d up then pull the pin, replace the pin gloves and all. Then go eat a hot dog with the same gloves. It didn’t make sense to me.

C

Same but its something I've been thinking quite a bit about.

Here's another...Will social distancing make the game less enjoyable for some? Sharing a cart with a buddy is one of the more enjoyable aspects of a round of golf for me...
It will have an effect on it. Also more cart races tho.

I bought a push cart yesterday because I very much think it will be walking only here, at least for a while. We'll see. If they do end up allowing 1 person carts, I absolutely expect courses to raise their prices. I pretty much intend to walk all the time even if they offer it.

I was (and still am) looking forward to walking and carrying more this summer regardless of whether or not the courses around here require it.

For the guys that will say walking only. several of the courses around us cater to older players with 9 hole leagues. No way these guys are walking and without these "older" customers, the course would be in trouble.

I would be very surprised to see 4 - 1 man carts on each hole....i think they double up

I don’t mind walking, just depends on how the course is set up. The cart fees should go up at all. The courses charge full fee even when you share a cart, so what’s the difference in you just having your own?

I was (and still am) looking forward to walking and carrying more this summer regardless of whether or not the courses around here require it.
Kind of where I'm at too. I've never been a huge walker but did it few times last year and enjoyed it. I have a carry bag but am thinking about a push cart. Problem is a lot of the better courses won't offer walking around here I'm guessing.

I don’t mind walking, just depends on how the course is set up. The cart fees should go up at all. The courses charge full fee even when you share a cart, so what’s the difference in you just having your own?
You would need twice as many carts for the same foursome... cutting down on the number of tee times available, which limits the revenue

I pay $11 to walk my local 9 hole course twice. I will likely continue to do so

People love their carts. I think it will be difficult, at times, to enforce one person - one cart. Exceptions for same household creates a nearly impossible enforcement task for courses. Uh, yeah, Bob and I are same household, sure. ;)

I am seeing a lot more people walking with rental/course push carts. Curious if that holds. IDK. Of the 3 courses I play, carts are available.

Back