Golf Tip of the Day

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My wife got me a desk calendar so thought I would share every day. Might help might not.
Today is about alignment
C95D2D8C-BA64-4151-A685-C79353D46ED2.jpeg

That's pretty cool..sometimes we get so wrapped up with the game we forget about the basics..I'm still working on a consistent preshot routine for irons and putting..

Alignment, alignment, alignment! I love it. Not necessarily their position advice, but always great to focus on alignment and get started right. Way to go SnickWife!

If my wife got me a golf desk calendar, every day would have the same tip: Don’t Think About Playing Today.:D

Great gift! That's a nice concept for sure

Definitely a cool way to remind you of things that you may lose sight of over time.

Thanks @Snickerdog ! Daughter got me one the last 2 years, not this year though. I think her and her mother think I'm to obsessed with golf as it is! :p

This tip should be on January First. When I am struggling the first thing I do is go back to alignment and setup. If you aren't aligned properly you need to manipulate your swing to hit the ball at your target.

This is THP. New and shiny helps tremendously with golf fundamentals.

This tip should be on January First. When I am struggling the first thing I do is go back to alignment and setup. If you aren't aligned properly you need to manipulate your swing to hit the ball at your target.
Fixing alignment helps everything.

good stuff. i need to try the intermediate target thing and setting the club and then setting up

That'll be a fun calendar to go through! Just make sure you don't have 365 swing tips in your head by the end of the year. :LOL:

Great gift @Snickerdog i will be following along with the Daily Tip!!!

That'll be a fun calendar to go through! Just make sure you don't have 365 swing tips in your head by the end of the year. :LOL:
I only need maybe 3 and it can be bad.

Important tip too. I always couple this one with stance width. Otherwise, club path and face angle are variable.

When winter comes, sometimes i write everything down, you know the hands ahead of ball, width, shoulder turn, the stuff we all know works, but knowing it all doesnt put it into play. I still may not be doing something right despite that i might be talented or a good athlete or be strong etc.

Good morning. I like this one as it explains the importance of engaging the lower body and starting the swing
FE5D8597-3F0F-4C47-80E6-B0CF47BAB81B.jpeg

Good morning. I like this one as it explains the importance of engaging the lower body and starting the swing
View attachment 8986901
Is the goal by December 31st to be crippled by swing thoughts?! :ROFLMAO:

Jokes aside, the last two days posted have great insight in them.

I want one but it's sold out everywhere I look online in the UK. Bah.

Back