RatFink

Carnivore
Reaction score
Handicap
lim x-> 0
I see on the website, Golf Town is opening up to our southern neighbours!
I really hope though, that this doesn't become a Futureshop/Best Buy debacle again.

I see on the website, Golf Town is opening up to our southern neighbours!
I really hope though, that this doesn't become a Futureshop/Best Buy debacle again.

You're kidding. Hmmm..... I wonder how this will turn out.

Maybe they're buying up a few Golf Galaxy's. I'm hoping this causes the prices to come down in Canada.

I can say that GolfTown is one of my clients and they are making a SMALL move into the US. They are not looking to compete with GolfGalaxy, Dicks, but fill a void where those stores currently are not.

I can say that GolfTown is one of my clients and they are making a SMALL move into the US. They are not looking to compete with GolfGalaxy, Dicks, but fill a void where those stores currently are not.

Oh good, this is great news.
I really don't want them to overstep their market share.

Interesting move... maybe they it will work if they are very strategic with the locations... Like Timmy moving into NYC maybe?

CB, tell them we'd love to have them in Eastern Iowa/Western Illinois hehe

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

I checked it out and they have 4 advertised location right now all in MA.

I'm sure they wont be opening in any PGA Superstore cities for sure. Wonder if their stores will be as big as the Canadian ones.

I also wonder how they're going to price their clubs... As in: since the clubs they sell are more expensive in Canada, will they be the same down in the US, or comparatively less.

They opened today in Boston.
I see that Razr hawks are $50 cheaper compared to our prices up here. Humbug I say!

They opened today in Boston.
I see that Razr hawks are $50 cheaper compared to our prices up here. Humbug I say!

Thats just the way it is buddy.

Must be taxes lol

They're smart in putting them just outside of the acceptable driving range from the border.
If they were to drop them in Seattle I bet you'd be down there every weekend :alien:

I usually go shopping in that area 2-3 times a year if possible, but for the difference, I don't think it's worth driving there for that only. Groceries and gas are another story though...

I sure hope they bring some of the Taylormade/NHL branded merchandise to the US!! Bring it on.

I sure hope they bring some of the Taylormade/NHL branded merchandise to the US!! Bring it on.

If you really wanted one I'm sure I or a fellow Canuck could ship it down to you, (would probably cost you a pretty penny though)

I've never tried those... I wonder if they're actually any good.

If you really wanted one I'm sure I or a fellow Canuck could ship it down to you, (would probably cost you a pretty penny though)

Thanks for the offer, shipping would be pretty high!! I'm hoping they'll expand the selection to include some US teams instead of just the Canadian.

Thanks for the offer, shipping would be pretty high!! I'm hoping they'll expand the selection to include some US teams instead of just the Canadian.

From what I can tell off of the Golftown website, there are tons of US team branded sticks.

From what I can tell off of the Golftown website, there are tons of US team branded sticks.

Yep, the sticks are pretty common, I can even get them in my local sporting goods store... my girlfriend's dad has an Islander one (Gross.)

Never been in one of their stores. Are they bigger, better than say Golf Galaxy or Golfsmith? Those are the only two that are close to me, within a hours drive in Indy.

Back