Golf Trip Essentials

lukemartin93

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
As I mentioned briefly in the Morgan Cup thread, the MC will be my first ever “golf trip”. Is there anything I specific should bring/make sure not to forget? Can be in general or THP event specific (I appreciated the scissors/nail clippers tip to cut tags). Thanks!!

For THP Events, virtually nothing. Show up and prepare to have the time of your life.

For this one specifically you got a new set of clubs, will have apparel scripting and footwear. You barely need to bring clothes haha.

Be prepared to smile and something to keep your fingers working for live posting. 😂

Liquid IV and Aleve.

If you're allergic to any kind of bug bite/sting, throw in some Benadryl and have it in your golf bag, too.

Sunscreen and pro shop cash. Maybe some golf bag snacks as I was happy to have them during our rounds at the Quest Cup.

1. Tylenol advil motrin if you need it
2. Eye drops
3. Lip balm
4. Spray gold bond
5. 1 pair of socks in your golf bag

extra battery / charging cable for the course - pain killers - Chapstick - extra socks!

These are fantastic! Keep ‘em coming!

I will repeat (most likely) what others have said:
Liquid IV
A cup you can reuse (like Yeti or whatever)
Sun sleeves - at least 2 pair if the weather calls for that (really hot and sunny) - they have a cooling effect
Sunscreen - sport style
Maybe 2 pairs of golf shoes (or more - depends on the weather and number of rounds)
Bourbon
Extra hats and some cash for the proshop
Extra balls - so you don't need to pay proshop prices!

Bar soap and shampoo - some hotels are lax on that stuff.

Have a great time!

If going to be on your feet more than usual for you - bandaids and duct tape for any potential blisters. The bandaids cover and protect, the duct tape covers the bandaid and keeps it all safe as your foot moves around as normal. It's kind of a backpacking trick that I use when I go on trips where I know I'll be on my feet alot (conferences, vacations, etc.).

I despise wrinkles... so a steamer goes everywhere with me.

Nsaids, afterbite
Caffeine/Moi Energy type thing
Cord & battery bank
Something physical that reminds what's most important in life and back home
A phone with lots of available storage space.

Tylenol, ibuprofen and Sudafed 🤕

Some good socks and underwear

Get ready for a great few days!

If you wear contacts, at least one extra pair.

Stamina Pro patches are very helpful.

Here is what I would "2nd" from what listed above:

Liquid IV and Aleve.
Stamina Pro patches
Cord & battery bank
Something physical that reminds what's most important in life and back home
Lip balm
A cup you can reuse (like Yeti or whatever)
Sun sleeves - at least 2 pair if the weather calls for that (really hot and sunny) - they have a cooling effect
Sunscreen - sport style
Maybe 2 pairs of golf shoes (or more - depends on the weather and number of rounds)
Bourbon
Extra hats and some cash for the proshop
Extra balls - so you don't need to pay proshop prices!
Bar soap and shampoo - some hotels are lax on that stuff.

Here's my Golf Trip list of things I'll keep in my bag:

- Battery bank
- Cell phone with charger
- Allergy/RX/pain medication
- Moleskin/athletic tape
- Glasses, sunglasses, lens cleaner
- Hat
- Hand sanitizer/wipes/kleenex
- Extra rangefinder battery
- Watch with charger
- Sunscreen
- Extra socks

Maybe the MS folks can update but do you need bug spray? Is that something you pick up while you are there?

Maybe the MS folks can update but do you need bug spray? Is that something you pick up while you are there?
Y'all can get bug spray here. Given how dry it's been, bugs other than yellow jackets have been way down.

Don't forget a Sharpie for signing autographs!

Lots of good suggestions. This one is a little “sensitive” and especially important if you are doing a bunch of walking…I like to bring Chamois Butt’r to tend to the ol’ under carriage. That particular product is for cyclists, but works incredibly well in many settings where chafing could be a problem.

Spray Gold Bond
Chap Stick
Flask
Koozie
Theragun

Good stuff in here. Check weather forecast - need for rain gear? I hope not but need to be prepared.

I think you should be covered with the suggestions provided. They are all great suggestions. Also bring a large enough suitcase so you can bring back all of your pro shop and other purchases comfortably!

Back