Golf video game choice

Scorp

Lacking competent adult supervision
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Taking this from another thread... which would you prefer in a golf video game... to play the game and it mimics your typical golf game or play the game and it be much better than you?

Example of 2 games:

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14... I played that and on some courses score 21 under par for the tournament and run away from the rest of the field and win in an avalanche... versus

The Golf Club for Xbox One... I play this and... oh boy. It can go from birdie to I don't have enough fingers to count that. Quickly.

I think I prefer the 21 under par routinely over a game that mimics my true golf ability. I'm playing the game to escape reality not to remind myself how badly I suck.:ROFLMAO:

I prefer TGC since I actually have to work for what I get in that game. I've been practicing hard the last week and have seen a true improvement in how I play. I picked up a Tiger (it was actually Rory PGA but same concept) game with never playing it before and shot way under par and it just wasn't that enjoyable. Maybe that's just me though. It was still fun but I didn't feel as good as I did playing TGC.

I prefer the more realistic challenge of The Golf Club (playing the latest version with PGA Tour). I get bored really fast with the arcade 20 under par.

But the cool thing is, when you get bored scoring well under par so often, you can customize your player and have style on the virtual links!:cool:

I can definitely see your point. Especially if you're able to play the game while swinging an actual club or something like that... but for me, all I've got is a controller... and at least for a short time, a really good golf game:D

Do the Golf games still have Tiger Vision? Man I loved seeing and using that. LOL

Last edited:
TGC has been my saving grace for late night report running sessions. It’s kept me from losing it when I haven’t played golf in 6 weeks. Very realistic and challenging as well. I do wish that you could see other Players on the green when you play but it’s a minor grievance.

I want to say Tiger vision is in Tiger Woods 14... but I could be wrong.

TGC has been my saving grace for late night report running sessions. It’s kept me from losing it when I haven’t played golf in 6 weeks. Very realistic and challenging as well. I do wish that you could see other Players on the green when you play but it’s a minor grievance.
I've thought about putting The Gold Club back in the Xbox One but I'm still playing Borderland 3.

The only video game I play is the online WGT where I score better than in reality. A little better with a video game isn’t a bad thing, as long as it doesn’t lead to delusions of grandeur. :sneaky:

The launch monitor game I play (The Golf Club) involves swinging real clubs and some of that data is used for results. But it assumes center of face contact and gimme putts from within 6 feet. So when I break 80 on the game I have to remind myself I don’t hit center of face nor do I make 6’ putts with any regularity.

Play GC 2019 on my PC. Haven't played many golf games on my PC before, but I'm lik'in GC 19. It's a real hoot.

I think the game play is more fun in EA's PGA Tour series. I play a lot of The Golf Club and never shoot over par any more but for some reason the game aspect is just not as compelling. Not sure why.

Tiger woods all day long (have to play Rory now). Played hours of TW.
Rather play modern warfare now

I have and play this occasionally....

The Golf Club for Xbox One

I think I prefer the 21 under par routinely over a game that mimics my true golf ability. I'm playing the game to escape reality not to remind myself how badly I suck.:ROFLMAO:

There is that part of the game, but have to say that I can't hit a drive 320 yds in real life anymore. ;)

TGC by far.

I’ll take option C.

Golf Story on Switch. ;)

I enjoy the newer golf games that are more realistic. I remember the old Tiger Woods games when you could adjust the spin on the fly and put wicked crazy backspin on a 3-wood and stick it to 2 feet out of the round.
Ive been enjoying The Golf Club 2019 lately.

I used to love Links when it came out for PC, years upon years ago. I thought it was incredible. Struggling to make par.
Tiger Woods when it first came out was the next one that really wowed me. Made video game golf much more social, play it with a group of friends. Birdies were plentiful.
Sheer fun factor? Mario Golf. Perhaps all time favorite!

More to the question though? I want to shoot 21 under par, and not struggle through a round lol. If I wanted to struggle, I would just go play regular golf.

Good options. Sorry, I didn't mention Switch. There aren't any in my house.😢

Back