GOLF WARS: Revenge of the Blades

Johan185

SoCal, KiteSurfer, Golf Enthusiasts
Reaction score
Handicap
Who besides me has been killing it with Their 2020 Muscle Back Blades ?

Whether it's my MP-20'S, MP-5'S or my Jack Nicholas:macgregor:'s

It's truly amazing how precision beats High-quality High-tech week in week out.

Not being a hater. :drinks:

Play the clubs that best suits your game:drinks:

I'm not sure of what you are getting at?
How much I prefer Muscle Back Blades to Cavity Back GI Irons.

Smaller dispersion and better distance control. In my humble hands.

M2C

Not critical of others preferred choice of Clubs or Tech :drinks:

Ahhh............;).ok.

I played the 1980's MacGregor M85 wing back ColoKrom's from 1983 till 2010. The faces on the 7-PW were finally beat to hell.

For me, it doesn't matter whether the club is a forged blade or a GI club as long as I like how the club frames the ball visually at address.

I just reshafted a set of Titleist 962's today that set up behind a ball every bit as nice as my old MacGregor blades. They have the old school lofts, but I'm more than willing to give up a few yards in distance.

With that said, there are some really sweet GI clubs out there that I could be just as happy to play.

I really am impressed with my MP20s every time I play. The distance control is just fantastic. Now I wish I could get my putting and driver to match. I’m money with my 5i-58.

So far I've been impressed with how well I've played with my Ben Hogan ICON's. I have no idea if it will last but I've been having a whole lot of fun.

I haven't, but I plan on giving it a go soon. When I started playing again last year I caught up on equipment things as fast as I could, and I pretty much went for what looked and sounded like the coolest new things. I don't have any real complaints with that, but I'm looking forward to putting a set of blades in play.

This just happened to me today, almost a year since a came back to golf after 6 year hiatus (wrist injuries and work).

Shot -1, 71 at Brackeridge golf course (home of the texas golf half of fame and previous host of the valero texas open).

Cant believe it took me less than a year to break par again after so much time out of the game.

Clubs i played with?

Mizuno MP-20 blades.

I have always said GI irons are worse for my game and this literally proves it. Blades are the real game improvement irons, period.

I've shot my best scores of the year using blades... and then what happened yesterday. Yikes.

Don't sell yourself short. I'm willing to bet that you would improve just as quick with blades as a GI club. I'm not touting blades, but the fear factor that some players have with them is unwarranted in my opinion.
That's why I threw the yet in there. Now that I started taking the game a little more seriously then then I used to I'm working on improving to eventually be able to play blades some what proficiently in the future.

LOOKING FOR BLADES :drinks::macgregor::mizuno::titleist::callaway::bridgestone::xxio::miura::srixon::wilsonstaff::KZG::matrix::bgrace::hogan::taylormade::touredge::thp::female-fighter:🤓

Back