Love your idea but you're in Illinois. They'd probably demand thousands in tax revenue every month;)

As for options, I know some near you are driving over to play in MO (out past STL). My SIL's dad (Troy IL) was supposed to play somewhere in MO this morning but that might've been preempted by rain? We're also bouncing around me driving up part way to meet them one day. If I come maybe 2.5 hrs that way it would be just about an hour from where you're at. If there's a spot in the foursome I'll PM you to see if you'd want to join us. You mentioned that you're still working(y). My SIL and his dad are both flexible working from home. Are you free weekends only or flexible with some advanced notice?

Thanks Daddio!

Yeah, I am working like mad, actually. I'll steer clear of specific details, but our firm is deemed essential, and a big chunk of my responsibility is ensuring that money keeps flowing daily to several thousand folks across the nation - so, lots to do, and I feel very strongly about keeping things moving smoothly, since so many folks need that money right now.

Appreciate the invite! MO is still open, and driveable, that's true. Some of my buddies have gone over there to play. At this stage in the game I think I'd get, uh, lots of feedback at home if I said "See ya guys, I'm going golfing" LOL.

Golf is honestly the last thing on my mind right now. My last round was almost a month ago and I just have no desire to play. Homeschooling 3 kids under 9 and attempting to do my part to not spread this virus keeps me away. I’ve kept myself busy with home projects.

For me, golf just isn’t important right now. I’ve had 2 tournaments cancelled already and I’m actually glad.

I hear ya @wubears71 . My kids are 22 and 18 and pretty much fend for themselves so it's a different situation here.

I'm also in agreement with you about doing my part to not spread the virus. I don't think I'd go play right now anyway, but I do miss it. Been playing Xbox Live golf with my buddies every now and then to tide me over.

Hope you and yours are healthy sir.

So you know the relevance of technique, it's become instinctual for you. All legitimate scratch skill level players know the value of constantly rehearsing their technique, and if shot making starts to flounder they go back to practicing and rehearsing the technique factors which made them successful players.
But 99% of the golf population is out there shooting score of 90 or worse. They don't know what they're doing and are usually grasping at straws such as quick fix tips or new equipment, neither of which helps at all towards building the technique foundation which will lead to consistently good golf.
So , the current worldwide shut down, just like seasonal areas annual golf shut down, is an excellent opportunity to learn and practice fundamentally sound technique. Nicklaus credited his Ohio upbringing with giving him the annual opportunity each winter to focus on technique (without the distraction of playing golf courses).
I'm 100% with you on practicing things without the pressure of actual golf. Invaluable. I strongly believe that time away from repetitive physical movements can strip bad habits and bring techniques back to their foundation. Especially if you spend that time working solely on those essential things. Doesn't help with 'withdrawals' though. lol You can only work on the same things in anticipation of being able to use them so long before it kind of makes withdrawals worse. For me, anyway.

I think an argument could be made for technique without practical application being detrimental after a while for the average golfer, too. Every time I hear someone say they're hitting into a net without any outcome feedback I get a little cringy.

Our stay home stay safe order in Washington was extended last night to May 4th.
The courses are all closed and I'm hearing that won't change.

I need a golf fix !!

Courses are open here but I’m just not inclined to go out into public at this point.

I'm 100% with you on practicing things without the pressure of actual golf. Invaluable. I strongly believe that time away from repetitive physical movements can strip bad habits and bring techniques back to their foundation. Especially if you spend that time working solely on those essential things. Doesn't help with 'withdrawals' though. lol You can only work on the same things in anticipation of being able to use them so long before it kind of makes withdrawals worse. For me, anyway.

I think an argument could be made for technique without practical application being detrimental after a while for the average golfer, too. Every time I hear someone say they're hitting into a net without any outcome feedback I get a little cringy.

My personal perspective is a little different in that I get satisfaction from driving range/practice green time, even back yard swings with no golf ball, nearly as much as I do from
playing a golf course. I've been this way since I was a youngster, fascinated with golf technique, learning and trying to improve technique. As long as I can hold a club in the house or backyard I don't suffer withdrawal symptoms :)

I've been chipping and putting at our club's practice green a few times a week. Otherwise, I'd go insane!

The course is actually getting tons of play; we've just decided to play it safe and forego golf for a while. The practice green is usually pretty empty so not too concerned about practicing.

First world problem, I know... we have plenty of food, no one is sick (knock wood) in our home and I still have my job (knock wood again) but damn, it sucks not getting out on the links.

I agree, this sucks. Just north of you and we never started as the weather barely warmed enough when the lockdown started.

I'm on about a third of an acre... I could conceivably hit chip and pitch shots out back, as long as I don't shank it, ha.
Yeah I got the same in my back yard, there's a good 40-50 yd space and up a hill, but some sections are lined with trees from the woods behind me... I guess it's time to bring out the ole chainsaw

Haven't played in exactly a week and knowing that I can't play is what's making it hard. Since last October, I haven't gone more than 5 days without golf since I was part of a winter sim league on Thursdays and played every Saturday as well. I understand why our course is closed but that doesn't mean I can't be annoyed by it. I got a bunch of new clubs and was really excited to finally get them outside and get the season going. Oh well I guess but I am definitely having golf withdrawals

Haven't played in exactly a week and knowing that I can't play is what's making it hard. Since last October, I haven't gone more than 5 days without golf since I was part of a winter sim league on Thursdays and played every Saturday as well. I understand why our course is closed but that doesn't mean I can't be annoyed by it. I got a bunch of new clubs and was really excited to finally get them outside and get the season going. Oh well I guess but I am definitely having golf withdrawals

I hear ya. It's not just golf, for me, it's exercise, sunshine (vitamin D) and social interaction. Helps me stay healthy.

@5150 I am awaiting your preliminary sketches of this sick new Par 3 :ROFLMAO:

Normally play 5 rounds a week (retired) and have played 0 in 3 weeks. Is it driving me crazy? Absolutely! Have been keeping myself busy outside (yard work, pressure washing, car cleaning) to keep my mind of of not playing. Problem is that I am starting to run out out of things like that to do...

Intelligent decision:)
I wouldn’t say it was intelligent. 20 minutes after I posted that me my wife and my son went out for a while.o_O

Well, I’m three beers in, so my design skills are going downhill fast

Don't cut yourself short.. The beers might actually improve the creativity. A lot of dog legs :ROFLMAO:

Back