OrlandoGolfBlog

KISS MY A** BALL!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone make Yoga a part of of your golf fitness routine and if so, what impact has it had on your game?

This relates to the exercise thread we have going on the "random" thread! Yes, I love Yoga. Went last night in fact.

Although I'm not "old" (hee hee) yet, I personally think that Yoga helps keep my back flexible for good turn radius etc. I don't want to be one of those old women with a flat swing because I didn't take care of my back!

It def keeps me loose. Granted, I'm not able to do the Camilo Villegas spider green-check yet, but we're working on it :)

Ive been dragged to a couple of power yoga classes but I still prefer pilates. I have been lazy as of late, but it definitely helps my game. It really seems to help my swing, im able to take the club back further than I normally do and get a little more distance. I seem to be able to concentrate better as well.

I drove past a store that sells exercise clothing. That's as close to actual exercise I want to get.

I don't do yoga for golf specifically, although I do yoga and have for a long time. I can tell you, my back is very, very bendy. :wink: It twists up well...if that makes sense.

I should do yoga. Not flexible at all. I'm counting on brute strength and endurance to carry my game.

I have tried pilates but never yoga. I am not flexible at all so it always looked too hard. Although, when I did pilates I did find that I was becoming a bit more flexible. We do a lot of stretching before the ladies clinic on Saturdays and it does make a huge difference. As mentioned in another thread we will have a fitness subforum up soon and we will have all sorts of great tips to help your golf game on there. Stay tuned folks...

For a while I was doing Bikram Yoga, I didn't do it consistently or long enough to be able to gauge any effect it might've had on my game. I really want to get back into it, but the "good" yoga schools are crazy expensive....

For a while I was doing Bikram Yoga, ..

Im sure you can get a great stretch in that heat, but something just doesnt sit well with me and Bikram. Gasmam was taking it for a while and she stopped, she is really into the reformer machines with the pilates right now.

Bikram was ridiculously hot... You leave there after 90 minutes having lost 5 lbs in water :)

When I first started playing golf it would take me 2 or three days to heal from the swinging. Golf has stretched me out to where I can play everyday now. I don't think I could do yoga as I would probably tear up a part that I really need. I do stretch daily.

Back