Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 11.4

e1iterate

Egregious
Albatross 2019 Club Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
“Failure to complete a hole” was the official designation.

JDax

“The Reno of Humans” - BL
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 11.4
Remember that time I had to buy balls at the turn, because I caught the s_anks on the front...?

e1iterate

Egregious
Reaction score
Handicap
Remember that time I had to buy balls at the turn, because I caught the s_anks on the front...?
How could I forget?

Danimal

Srixon/Cleveland Enthusiast
Reaction score
Handicap
Thats crazy for a pro. I don’t know if I’ve ever heard of that from a big time pro. He should have looked through the rough to find any ball...finds Pinnacle gold and plays lights out for the rest of the way.

Smiter

I'm not a Club Pro
Reaction score
Handicap
Life RN
I lost 9 my first round of my first THP event. To my credit though we probably could have found most of those had I not been sucking so bad that I didn’t care.

Made it through the second round only losing 2, lol. On the same damn tee. There’s a lot of water on Firestone North.

I know a fellow member here that knows a successful LPGA player, I forget if it’s 2 or 3 but I think it’s 2 balls that she starts a round with. She’s not ever been DQ’d due to this.

I was thinking this was going to be some obscure player but I’ve definitely heard of him, and if he’s 41st in their standings he’s one helluva player. Sounds like there’s more to it than this Tin Cup moment.

HITitHIGH

Reaction score
Handicap
He is not shy about poking fun at other players. Talk about Karma, this could get good.

wadesworld

Reaction score
Handicap
You're allowed to borrow equipment (other than clubs) from another player. But from the sound of it, he had no interest in finishing.

Trmpt98

Reaction score
Handicap
There's a Tiger story out there where it almost happened to him in 2000 at the US Open at Pebble Beach.

From GolfWorld..... ""Stevie said, 'I'd like for you to hit an iron, just to get it into play,'" Woods said. "But I was swinging it so well, so I went with the driver. Obviously I didn't know the complete situation: The only ball I had left was the one I teed up. "

OGputtnfool

Double standard hater
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
-10.x

OGputtnfool

Double standard hater
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
-10.x
Thats crazy for a pro. I don’t know if I’ve ever heard of that from a big time pro. He should have looked through the rough to find any ball...finds Pinnacle gold and plays lights out for the rest of the way.
I doubt that would help as most of the time these guys have to play with the same brand and type of ball, right?

Also, it's not that crazy, even for a pro. Tiger nearly ran out of balls in his 2000 U.S. Open record setting performance.

ntanygd760

Reaction score
Handicap
You're allowed to borrow equipment (other than clubs) from another player. But from the sound of it, he had no interest in finishing.
One ball rule so would have to be exact brand model and markings then he could I think

wadesworld

Reaction score
Handicap
One ball rule so would have to be exact brand model and markings then he could I think
That's true. Of course there's a high chance someone is playing the same model of white Titleist at a PGA Tour event.

OGputtnfool

Double standard hater
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
-10.x
That's true. Of course there's a high chance someone is playing the same model of white Titleist at a PGA Tour event.
I didn't read the story. Did he lose them in a WH? If so, he might have a better chance Happy Gilmore'ing it and going for a swim to find one of his!

mmaynard11

Reaction score
Handicap
Just saying this could be one of us tomorrow. The Champion awaits...

ntanygd760

Reaction score
Handicap
Yeah someone most likely was unless he had an odd marked prototype. I think he just did't care because he went tin cup.

The Tiger down to one ball thing happened because he was the only one playing a prototype brand new ball from off brand at the time.

InTheRough

Amateur
Reaction score
Handicap
19+
I listened to Lee Trevino talking about Arnold Palmer's last round on the tour.

JDax

“The Reno of Humans” - BL
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 11.4
I just counted , I have 24 balls in my bag... I would have a hard time to run out in a round.

Smiter

I'm not a Club Pro
Reaction score
Handicap
Life RN
There's a Tiger story out there where it almost happened to him in 2000 at the US Open at Pebble Beach.

From GolfWorld..... ""Stevie said, 'I'd like for you to hit an iron, just to get it into play,'" Woods said. "But I was swinging it so well, so I went with the driver. Obviously I didn't know the complete situation: The only ball I had left was the one I teed up. "

It’s amazing to think this could ever happen to a pro. I know the story I told above, but seriously? I’ve lost over a dozen balls before and still has ammo left. In those gigantic ass staff bags they make their caddies carry how could they ever be close to running out of balls? I get that they’re good and 99% of their rounds can be played with 2 balls, but I’d hare to be DQ’d because I was the dumbass that only brought a sleeve with me.

Sox_Fan

BHG Homer
Reaction score
Handicap
Putting
Hard to fathom how a pro that gets as many balls as he wants for free could ever be caught short handed.

OldandStiff

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
◔̯◔
Sounds like he had a bad start, knew he was already in the next tournament, and was just looking for a reason not to keep up a bad round/tournament. Dude probably hit the bar and had the most relaxing Saturday afternoon he's had in a while. lol

I can't stand having a lot of balls in my bag. In the summer I only play one kind of ball, and typically buy just one sleeve of them at a new course before I start, so I've definitely come close to running out. Sometimes a little extra pressure is just what you need to bring out your best.

dazeedmonds

Call me Mr. 24
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 22.7
I just counted , I have 24 balls in my bag... I would have a hard time to run out in a round.
Hold my beer.....

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in