Golfer DQ’d from Event for running out of Balls

I always take two sleeves of balls when I play or at least making sure I have two sleeves worth of good balls to play. If I run out I have a zipper full of found balls to fall back on which rarely happens for me.

but for competitive play if that nature, surely you need to have a dozen just to be safe. I always think the pros would get a fresh ball every few holes if they cut it up well enough.

Oh Eddie...

I wonder if he just forgot to put more golf balls in his bag. With as many as these guys give away during and after each round, I figured they would have a ton on them. Guess not.

I just counted , I have 24 balls in my bag... I would have a hard time to run out in a round.
Similar to how drug cartels count their money.... by weight, I count the number of golf balls in my bag by weight.... currently I have 2.33 pounds in my bag or 63.4 golf balls ?

Similar to how drug cartels count their money.... by weight, I count the number of golf balls in my bag by weight.... currently I have 2.33 pounds in my bag or 63.4 golf balls ?

Is that a 9 or 18 hole allotment? ;)

I played a guy recently who carried 5 clubs in his arms and one ball, 45.93g. That was impressive. He also wore a t-shirt in high 40s temps with wind. His tolerance of the cold was maybe the more impressive yet.

Last edited:
Course and swing dependent! 40 degrees with wind why wear a shirt at all? ?

I think you mean course and alcohol consumption dependent, lol?

There’s also huge differences in 40*. 40* and bright and sunny with little wind and I’ll likely just be wearing a polo shirt as I hate layers interfering with my already short swing (ha!). Overcast and windy though it’s another story. It also feels colder in the fall when you acclimated to warmer temps than the spring when 40* and sunny feels damn good.

I think you mean course and alcohol consumption dependent, lol?

There’s also huge differences in 40*. 40* and bright and sunny with little wind and I’ll likely just be wearing a polo shirt as I hate layers interfering with my already short swing (ha!). Overcast and windy though it’s another story. It also feels colder in the fall when you acclimated to warmer temps than the spring when 40* and sunny feels damn good.
Exactly what I meant.... drinking is a given mostly

If I was the pros caddie I’d make sure there were a dozen balls to start every round.

Oh man, I really like EP, doesn’t seem like he cared too much though

There's a Tiger story out there where it almost happened to him in 2000 at the US Open at Pebble Beach.

From GolfWorld..... ""Stevie said, 'I'd like for you to hit an iron, just to get it into play,'" Woods said. "But I was swinging it so well, so I went with the driver. Obviously I didn't know the complete situation: The only ball I had left was the one I teed up. "

one if my

Oh Eddie...

I wonder if he just forgot to put more golf balls in his bag. With as many as these guys give away during and after each round, I figured they would have a ton on them. Guess not.

is this on him or the caddie, making sure he has enough?

at the sweep they loaded up the staffers with golf balls, that was BRUTAL

there is such a thing as too many balls haha

Oh man, I really like EP, doesn’t seem like he cared too much though

one if my

is this on him or the caddie, making sure he has enough?

at the sweep they loaded up the staffers with golf balls, that was BRUTAL

there is such a thing as too many balls haha
yes, anything over 2.5 lbs.... ;)

"This is the last ball in the bag. This gets wet, we're disqualified. "

Roy McAvoy would be proud!!!
tenor.gif

"It did not look like he wanted to play. He did not putt with his putter on the third hole; he putted with a wedge. So there was a lot happening."

Pretty crazy to think.

Hard to fathom how a pro that gets as many balls as he wants for free could ever be caught short handed.
I believe pros are limited in the number of balls their allowed to keep in tournaments.

I keep somewhere between 12-15 balls in the bag for every 18 holes of golf. If I'm playing multiple rounds in a day, I'll have spares at the car.

And, I've just used this article to justify to my wife why I keep so many balls at home.

-Bishop

I thought toothache is what you say when you are not in the mood to play.

but he makes funny video clips on twitter so it's not disrespecting the game:greenalien:

I carry a dozen in my bag at any one time. If I suddenly get the slices then I get them baaaad, can easily hit 3 balls off the same tee and carve them all into the practice area. Has happened before, and will happen again. Never run out though, although I've been down to my last one standing on the 18th..

9 balls/round...if I loose that many, it's time to go home, or start drinking heavily!

He is not shy about poking fun at other players. Talk about Karma, this could get good.

karma? most of the guys love him. his "pokes" at others are like 99% in jest and just banter. reaching a bit hoping for a lot to come out of this ya?

any who, seems like he had around 6 or so for the round based off of playing partners trying to count up how many went in? I would think most pros feel 6 is plenty for a round haha. some days you're just not really there and say eff it.

I’m amazed at the number of balls that some of the THPers that have commented have in their bags... I thought I was the only one afraid of running out... lol

Back