Golfer drowns when trying to retrieve ball from pond.

Carolina Dundee

“More Established” please notice the quotes
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
shoulder
Oh gosh! That's terrible!

Well that sucks :(

Probably a .50c Pinnacle

Quite familiar with that course. They have one of those stone walls in front of the green and I’m guessing he went after a ball, fell in shallow water, KO’ed himself.

This is terrible. Was hoping it was an Onion article.

Ooof that's brutal.

It says he teed off with a friend, but no mention of the friend calling 911 or anything like that. I guess he fell into the pond and his playing partner just kept on going.

"... A Florida man..."

It never ends well.

Why take a chance?

That is a rough day for his family... terrible story.

Quite familiar with that course. They have one of those stone walls in front of the green and I’m guessing he went after a ball, fell in shallow water, KO’ed himself.

appreciate the local knowledge, the story makes a lot more sense now.

I don't know if I would look for balls down in florida with the gators lurking. Even without gators, I don't waste my time looking for golf balls, I only go through a few dozen a year.

i thought that wasn't too far from you. pretty sad.

A truly sad story.

He was playing with someone.......Where was that person to not notice his partner was a sinking ship?

Yikes … I always said I wanted to go on a golf course but not like this. :eek:

i thought that wasn't too far from you. pretty sad.

Played it last year, it's a familiar one. Really nice tracks on property. Pretty brutal situation for this guy :/

So sad

He was playing with someone.......Where was that person to not notice his partner was a sinking ship?
That was my thought, no 911 call or anything from the partner?
Sad day for his family! 😔

Very sad story.

It is a very sad story.
It is a damn golf ball, I give grief to a couple of the older guys I play with for looking for balls well past normal time. Both well off and can afford balls, I just don't understand the necessity of doing that.
I hope his family can find some peace in all of it.

Sad to go out this way, can only assume that the playing partner was used to playing ahead when the deceased went looking for lost balls would be the only feasible reason that no 911 was called I’d hope.

It is a very sad story.
It is a damn golf ball, I give grief to a couple of the older guys I play with for looking for balls well past normal time. Both well off and can afford balls, I just don't understand the necessity of doing that.
I hope his family can find some peace in all of it.
Was thinking about this as well, but frugality is a way of life to some. My dad and grandpa come to mind. They wouldn't hold up play, but if it was a slow day they would also attempt to find theirs and/or a couple spares along the way.

Back