Golfer on Tour that everyone seems to love, but you can’t stand?

"Can't stand" is a bit strong, but their are a lot of players who bug me when they give pre canned responses throughout their interviews.

I guess I can see why with all the media out there just waiting for a gotcha moment.

I was gonna say JB Holmes but I'm pretty sure he isn't liked by anybody.

So I'll say Dustin Johnson. The whole big dumb jock schtick just isn't charming to me.
I don't think the big dumb part is a schtick.

For me I don't like Brooks Koepka. He just reminds me of all the A-hole people I have ever known in real life.

Jason Day.

Jordan Spieth (this is a recent one for me, used to be a fan).

Most of all....Phil Mickelson.
It's his calves right? You're jealous of the calves! And his droppin' bombs!

I'll say... what's his name... fleetwood? Is that him? The one that needs a haircut and almost won that tournament in March but put his shot into the water on like the 17th hole or something? Whoever it was needed a haircut and his name was close to that... fleetwood... westwood... something. Whatever. Yeah. Him.

Bubba Watson. My dislike of him began at that tournament a few years ago when every other player was teeing off on the unofficial long drive hole... and he went with an iron out of spite I guess. Up until then I liked him... especially that he was lefty. But pulling that iron instead of driver changed my outlook on him.

Is it Brooks Koepka that said "I could have been a baseball player..."? I don't like him either. Maybe it was the guy writing the interview I read that was ALL. OVER. Brooks'. JOCK... and repeated in his article that "I'm with the #1 ranked golfer in the world right now!"... the author was seriously a fanboy but Brooks seemed to come off as pompous to me. Seriously. Shut up and go play baseball then.:ROFLMAO::D:rolleyes:

Bubba
Dustin Johnson

Never been a fan of these two

Is farting in a church bad or something?

Only if there are not those really long cushions in the pews.....the sound reverberating off that wood....

I am not a fan of Tiger...but my aversion came WAYYYyyyyy before the whole affair thing. I was a fan, early years, "Hook a kid on golf" "Bring your kid to the course" and my son was young in the 90's early 2k. Took him to ta tourney with me, waited for him to tee off, found us a spot on the 3rd tee to be there ahead of the crowds. Tiger Tees off "GD Tiger" he says, we were maybe 6 feet away...."F$&*$ Tiger" quite a few time during the 4 holes we followed. Sure bring your kids out, let me teach them some language.......WE went over and found Phil, followed a couple of others. When we got home, i dropped everything Nike i had in a collection barrel at good will. Have never owned or played a NIKE anything since.

Yes, it was my personal protest at that time, but i still cannot stand Him or wear anything with a checkmark on it.

Don't care for Rory, not really sure why, or Perez and Begay

Commentators ? Miller curdles my stomach

Dustin Johnson

Never been a fan - and I can't give a good reason why.

Only if there are not those really long cushions in the pews.....the sound reverberating off that wood....
You need to perfect the "one cheek sneak"

Pat Perez and Rory Sabbatini. Absouletly can not stand either one of those guys.

Spieth, never have been a fan and never will be I don't get the love for that guy

Tiger. Mostly its because all of the times he's had affairs. He cheated on Elin, he cheated on Lindsay Vonn; its just hard to cheer for a guy like that. I respect Tiger for what he's done for golf and for the raw talent that he has but I cant look past some of the things he's done in his life.
For me, its like this: if Tiger were just a regular guy who struggled to hack it around 18 holes in under 100 strokes and he was just some guy who you worked with and you knew that he cheated on multiple women that he was with, would you think he was a great guy or would you think he was a scumbag? My guess is it would be the latter and thats why I really struggle to cheer for him.
I'm struggling with the fact that anyone could be so consumed with a golfers sex life and his morality. Pathetic that one could be so judgmental without knowing Tiger Woods or his wife. For all we know she may have cheated on the guy first, who knows.....and why would you care. he's just a dumb golfer. you may want to seek help.....I'm Just saying.

I've wondered that about Spieth too. He's humble, polite, well-spoken and seems like a good guy. But hey, opinions are subjective and everybody is entitled to theirs.
I think it gets under some people’s skin the habits he has on the course and how blunt he is sometimes. He also has an occasional club toss or release after a swing that bugs people. Also some Smylie supports don’t like him for throwing Smylie out of the club till he makes a cut. 😉

I'm struggling with the fact that anyone could be so consumed with a golfers sex life and his morality. Pathetic that one could be so judgmental without knowing Tiger Woods or his wife. For all we know she may have cheated on the guy first, who knows.....and why would you care. he's just a dumb golfer. you may want to seek help.....I'm Just saying.

I’m not judging this instance, but what if someone said they can’t stand a guy because of decisions to get behind the wheel while under the influence? I think everybody has a threshold.

At the end of the day, isn’t rooting for or against anybody, a judgement on them? Because they are all awesome at golf.

Wow. Lol. I struggle with how anyone could be aware of Tiger's cheating and still say they dont care, it's none of their business and still be a Tiger fan.
I wish that I could be someone who could overlook it and just be a fan but I cant because we shouldn't tolerate men who are cheaters and womanizers.
FWIW, I couldn't stand Kobe for the same reason (although it seems like years later Kobe admitted that what he did was wrong) and I still cant stand Jordan because hes such a jerk. God given talent is a wonderful thing but it doesn't excuse being a bad human.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Fred Couples..
I used to dislike him after that incident at Phoenix where he sort of said he didn't give a s...t if he hit someone. Then he mellowed and now says funny things like the older I get the farther away I putt.

I'm sure a lot of the slowest players are popular, but I can't stand to watch them and think it shows selfishness. Also anyone with the slightest taint of past cheating never makes it back into my list of preferred players.

I don't really dislike any golfers outside of Patrick Reed; I don't think there's many that have a lot of love for him though.

I’m not judging this instance, but what if someone said they can’t stand a guy because of decisions to get behind the wheel while under the influence? I think everybody has a threshold.

At the end of the day, isn’t rooting for or against anybody, a judgement on them? Because they are all awesome at golf.
I feel like a lot of people give Tiger a pass and overlook some of the awful things hes done because of how important hes been to golf.
FWIW, I was a big Tiger fan before he cheated on Elin and then kind of let it go because we all make mistakes but then when he cheated on Lindsay Vonn, I was like, "I'm out".
When its repeated behavior, it's not a mistake, its maybe just who you are.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I used to dislike him after that incident at Phoenix where he sort of said he didn't give a s...t if he hit someone. Then he mellowed and now says funny things like the older I get the farther away I putt.

I saw him at the Reno Tahoe Open, He was a total jerk to volunteer staff. He could have had a bad day. I get that but snapping at people there working for free was a bit off to me.

Back