Golfer on Tour that everyone seems to love, but you can’t stand?

Richard Fowler...best annual under achiever on the PGA Tour.

I like Spieth but I dislike how long he takes on his shots. Slow players are hard to like.

Regading Adam Scott. Some years ago I took my then young daughter to the Wells Fargo. She was most intersted in eating ice cream than golf so we sat off of number 9 a little away from the others in the gallery. We are sitting there and a ball rolls up to her like it was told to. A couple minutes later here comes Adam. He could not have been nicer to my kid. Even asked if he could have some ice cream. Gave her a ball too. Not a jerk.

Let's see

Patrick Reed ... no one likes that prick except when he teams up with Spieth in RC and that ain't happeniing

Vijay Singh ... never popular; prick to his caddy from all reports

Ian Poulter ... prickish with a mouth

I can't name the guy...

I can't stand the typical ones; Sergio, Patrick Reed, and Ian Poulter. I also like some that most can't stand; Bubba, BK and DJ. But the ones that people like but I can't stand; Bryson Dechambeau; I dislike him enough that I liked seeing him have a breakdown on the range after his round in 2018, The Open, I think. I also can't stand Jordan Spieth. I don't know why, he seems like such a nice and genuine guy and would be cool to hang out with, but I can't stand him.

For me, it's Tyrrell Hatton and his antics... He's the guy that you invite to play in your group once and then never invite him again.

On the other hand, I love watching his meltdowns because ANYTHING is possible -- club throws, outbursts, sulking like a 3 year old, etc etc

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Spieth.... When he started playing poorly, he went into little kid mode...like when you were little and your mom said you had to go to the store with her and you wanted to stay home and play with your friends. The whining and complaining is extremely annoying.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Most of all....Phil Mickelson.

Yes, #1 for me. Years ago, they asked players to name their dream foursome, FIGJAM said it would be him and his kids....oh FFS, the fakeness oozed

Graeme McDowell...."big game" player. Won the US Open and 1 RC match vs Hunter Mahan. In the words of Randy Moss "C;mon man.....!!!'
And, he doesn't know how to spell Graham.

I am hesitant to list this one - because 1) he’s no longer on tour, or around... and 2) everyone thinks of him as a god.... but, mine would be Arnold Palmer.
I’ve been “up close and personal” with AP before....and to me He was pretty much a foul mouthed, dirty old man. Could he be a nice guy....sure. We can all have a “nice” side when we want to. But, when I hear fans go on and on about how wonderful he was....I think back on my encounters and know that they didn’t see the same person that I was around.
I can hear all the ridicule, now. Some think that I have just spoken blasphemy! How could I speak that way about the “King” ? Some times we just have to look beyond the hype and be honest with what we are hearing and seeing. And......if the Golf Channel didn’t have Tiger or Arnie to talk about.....they would have to close up shop!

Phil. I just can't make myself like him. Whining is not a good look.

Pat f*ing Perez. I cannot stand this guy.

Oh, agree with that one. Dude thinks he all kinds of cool and street. He's a journeyman that strikes fear into the hearts of nobody.

Expecting a human to be anything but human would be inhumane.
Bryson. Speed it up, son. Every broadcaster in the booth? Stop talking about him incessantly.

Let's see....I love Poulter. Have seen him at Car shows and he's a great guy. Patrick Reed I love just because he performs when everybody hates him. The guy I spent some time with that totally floored me was Gentle Ben....About every 3rd or 4th word out of his mouth was F....He's not so Gentle...Ha

Pat f*ing Perez. I cannot stand this guy.
Oh, agree with that one. Dude thinks he all kinds of cool and street. He's a journeyman that strikes fear into the hearts of nobody.

Maybe if you had made 27 Million by age 44, by just being a journeyman. You might be kind of cool as well. maybe?

Last edited:
Bryson's likeability is taking a nosedive lately in GolfWeek. He seems very into his image but kind of did himself in with the cameraman thing ...

Back