Golfers arrested for playing golf

The small minority of people ruing it for the majority... People need to understand its bigger than them. Go out enjoy the day and have some fun within reason and the rules established.

True to THP motto - Don't be a Richard or in this case a bunch of Richards.:mad:
I can't agree with this more. There are other things you can do that don't require being in the presence of others (even if you only pass them and don't come close) Take a drive down a road you've never been down before. Read a new book. Learn to do something you otherwise wouldn't have given time to, etc.

Idaho reopened some or all of their courses last week so I am headed over there to play on Sunday, provided Washington residents are not banned.
As far as I know, there is no ban yet. The course I'll be playing is 15 minutes from home.

You're referencing the golfers who illegally crossed into RI right? or are are you suggesting anyone golfing, or jogging, or biking, or hiking, or taking their dog for a walk etc...etc... shouldn't be right now? I contend people need regular outdoor exercise for health reasons too. I'm about to go push my mower around my yard and I'll probably be more at risk of catching or spreading this virus doing that than the 5.7 mile 2 hr and 57 min solo walk my GPS watch said I got on the golf course earlier today. It's about safe exercise outdoor exercise (we'll actually do) right now for most of us, not to being contrarian or to prove our independence.

So you don't have to pay to pay to play? I have to go into the pro shop and personally pay and if I use a cart I have to get the cart key. Any number of golfers could come in while I am there. I am immunosuppressed (one of forth-two thousand living liver transplants) and do not want to be exposed to this virus. It's called "social distancing" and necessary to stop the spread of this virus. It's to stop the spread of the virus from person to person. Yes, exercise outside is wonderful and good for your health and mental attitude but you have to do it safely and don't break the law.
I just talked to the pro shop manager and he said I could pay by phone and make a tee time, then just call them when I am ready to tee off. That is OK with me since I will not be close to anyone. If you want to play and your area oks this there are ways to play safely if you just try and find one. Please explain why you would get exposed while jogging, biking, or walking your dog. Hiking can be dangerous if there are a lot of hikers around.

I prepaid remotely and walked so no need to enter the pro shop. Congrats on surviving your transplant. Be safe and hopefully those you must come in contact with are cautious too.

They got what they deserved
Don’t be a DumbA**

There have been SO many examples of eroding liberties in the U.S. long before COVID came into being. Militarization of police, structuring laws regarding bank deposits, moves to outlaw smoking WITHIN people's homes (CA has proposed it numerous times), arresting 6-yr old children for making a finger gun in school, use of the IRS to target conservative groups, warrantless wiretaps, outlawing U.S. flag displays at private residences, abuse of RICO, abuse of FISA, abuse of imminent domain... the list goes on and on.

One set of statistics I'd love to see at this point is how COVID compares with other corona-viruses we've endured and other deadly flu outbreaks we've endured. Are the COVID numbers so dramatically different that it warrants the response we've implemented? Is this the new normal? Will we see the economy shut down every year if COVID proves to be seasonal? Will individual states cede their constitutional right to govern to the federal government? I don't know, but I'm very concerned about recent trends before and during the COVID crisis...
This sounds like FOX news propoganda.

what is it they say? Don't do the crime, if you can't afford the time....

Back