Golfing In The Fall

Best is the scenery on the course. The leaves changing color is one of the many things I love about living in the North.

The worst is trying to find a ball in the fallen leaves. Doesn't matter the color of the ball, I can't seem to find it!

Best: no mosquitos. My course has tons of em during the summer and it is absolutely horrible.

Worst: soft fairways. The rain really makes the fairways mucky and gross to play in :(

After a brutally hot summer, I'm just glad it's cooling off enough to play golf! My range-time is normally over my lunch break, but I went a month without hitting a ball simply because it didn't seem worth it.

I love the fall. Everything about it except what’s coming. This fall though is going to stink due to my accident. My golf season is for sure over. Not liking that but also happy to be alive.

IMG95201909209511142430795HDR.jpg

Mine is the one one a little further up.

Love fall golf

Cooler weather for sure. The heat index the other day was still over a 100. I don’t like the wind too much that really starts to blow in the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the best and worst things you like about golfing in the fall. I suppose that one of the things is the cooler weather. Two of the things I hate the worst is looking for golf balls among the leaves. The second would be aerated greens. I remember a couple of years ago I swear one course had holes in the greens the size of quarters. :LOL:

for me it's finding people to play with....lol. as soon as the weather starts to change and footballs starts i can't find anyone to golf with.

for me it's finding people to play with....lol. as soon as the weather starts to change and footballs starts i can't find anyone to golf with.

I usually go out and play alone so it’s actually better during football season because it’s less crowded.

If the late Summer or early fall isn’t too wet, fairways will harden up, and with dormant grass in fairways you get plenty of extra roll. A few extra yards never hurts. Oct./Nov. golf is also way less crowded. 2 of my buddies basement their clubs in Mid September. I’ll play year round.
Leaf hunting or mushrooms are really annoying year round. One annoyance that tests the average golfer is late day tee shots in to the setting sun. Getting folks to ‘keep an eye on it’ is tough if they can’t the right angle on from behind.

The best thing for me is that the course are a lot less crowded because everyone is watching football instead of playing golf. The worst is probably all the leaves on the fairway that cause me to lose my ball even when I hit a perfect shot.

Carolina temps in the fall are great. We may get them in another month or so. (Still high 80s, low 90s this week) Finding balls in the leaves is a pain, so keep the ball in the fairway (easier said than done). Our aeration is healed well and the greens are lightning fast and true. Fairways are rolling long, great time to take a couple of strokes off the handicap.

Count me as another who despises the search among leaves.

Love the cooler weather, don't even mind the penchant for soggier conditions. Hate the leaves.

The best parts to me is the beautiful scenery with the trees changing at one of the courses we play. This may be a weird favorite but I love wearing 1/4 zips to play.

The bad parts are of course losing balls in the leaves and having to start playing later is a bummer since it eats in to family time.

What brands do you like in 1/4 zip long sleeve? I need to update some that are in tatters. 1/4 zip is pretty much to day to day wear in the winter. Love them.

What brands do you like in 1/4 zip long sleeve? I need to update some that are in tatters. 1/4 zip is pretty much to day to day wear in the winter. Love them.

My favorite right now is the OGIO All Elements. It's a little warmer than some but it's so comfortable to me. My Puma one that THP had for sale a couple years ago is my other go to. It fits perfect and is a great balance of warmth and flexibility.

Back