Golfing In The Fall

Love the cooler weather, just barely starting to almost want pants here, later tee times and just nicer weather. I’ll play as long as they let me on the course, so well into November, when it’s almost empty on the course.

yup thats me too. I love the cooler temps for golf, and the colors up here that come with the season make courses look absolutely gorgeous.

What's the best and worst things you like about golfing in the fall. I suppose that one of the things is the cooler weather. Two of the things I hate the worst is looking for golf balls among the leaves. The second would be aerated greens. I remember a couple of years ago I swear one course had holes in the greens the size of quarters. :LOL:
I love fall golf. Great temps, brisk mornings, good things.

That said, I freaking hate the early sunsets. I hate the extra wind.

Leaves for sure is a nuisance but then again I shouldn't hit it in the trees...lol.

I don't mind the colder weather and enjoy playing in the fall.

Since it means my annual guy's golf weekend, it is my favorite time to golf.

27 holes this Friday, 36+ Saturday with another 18 on the way home Sunday.

:cool:

Pros:
- Cool weather
- Less course traffic
- Reduced rates at some courses

Cons:
- Losing balls in leaves or plugged lies due to moisture
- Knowing Winter is right around the corner

Can’t wait to experience it. Paying for it is another matter.
Definitely use “golf now” in Arizona; they run some good specials a lot of the time.

I enjoy the cooler weather, but not the later starts to the day.
I enjoy how empty the courses can get this time of year.
I hate courses covered in leaves, and having to find balls within the leaves.
I dislike the aspect that each round could be the last, and it can all change over night.

Beat is the temps and la k of people

Worst is ball hunting in the leaves

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Colder temps. Thin shots. Ouch. But beyond that I don't mind playing in the fall. In fact, I quite enjoy it. Fewer players on courses. The air has that crisp feel. My main complaint is that fall here is short. Winter generally comes early with lots of snow.

The best parts to me is the beautiful scenery with the trees changing at one of the courses we play. This may be a weird favorite but I love wearing 1/4 zips to play.

The bad parts are of course losing balls in the leaves and having to start playing later is a bummer since it eats in to family time.

Not sweating my nuts off is worth any headaches. It's been a brutal summer in Augusta, and I'm looking forward to some fun golf.

I absolutely love playing golf in pants and a light 1/4 zip. Bring on that fall weather!

Fall is my favorite time of year to play here in SoCal, except for the time change. It gets dark too early to get out for 9 holes after work. But the weather is cooler and the courses are a bit less crowded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My favorite thing about golfing in the fall is the color on the trees. We play some wooded and hilly courses during this time, and some of the view are spectacular.

Like other have said, looking for your ball amongst the leaves can be aggravating. But, I'm still golfing so I will take some lost balls for that opportunity!

Love, love, love the cooler weather! (y)

Aerated greens are a hassle but necessary. Eventually it gets so cold that the greens are rock hard anyway & you're just out swinging .... not really to score.

But I love fall & winter golf! Fall in the Appalachian mountains has some amazing & colorful views. ???

It’s the leaves - gorgeous to see, annoying to deal with. The color of the ball makes no difference for me, so I switch to some el cheapos/found balls for the fall and winter months. I joke that someone should invent a leaf blower option for my click gear cart.

I love playing in the colder weather - it just adds another challenge to our favorite pastime, though I do notice a drop in performance. I noticed an interesting phenomenon with my swing types though. My driver swing is impeded by layers, but my irons and wedges aren’t. So I just take off my vest at the tee box and put it back on after my swing.

Love golfing in the fall and spring. Cooler temperatures, usually less players on the course so quicker rounds, gorgeous to see the leaves begin to change color and then fall. In my opinion the only negative to fall golf is that it is signifying the end of the season

Like most people I really enjoy playing in the fall due tp the temperatures and low humidity. Unfortuneately, you have to deal with all the falling leaves that makes finding ball an adventure!

I love the lack of crowds and the fall colors but it’s always a shock how quickly things cool down. The average high today is 70, drops to 50 by Halloween and is 31 at the end of November. It’s a blessing that we will be in Florida for 11 days in November and 2 weeks for Christmas!!

I really enjoy playing golf in the fall...probably my favorite time of the year. Like to cooler weather that allows me to wear pants and walk the course without sweating like crazy. The worst part has to be when the leaves finally start falling. It can be frustrating to lose a ball under leaf

A bit off topic. Do any of you switch to a lower compression ball for cooler temps?
I’m seeing more “soft” balls with vivid matte colors. Thinking about trying one.

Pros
great weather
pretty scenery
leaf colors
Holidays are approaching

Cons
morning dew lasts a lot longer
gets dark earlier
leaves on ground
aeration
Holidays are approaching

But the fall is always a favorite time of year for me.

Big fan of fall golf, especially when the weather dips down into the high-40s to low-50s and the course is essentially empty. Losing balls in the leaves is a bummer, but well worth the trade off for an empty course and beautiful fall colors.

I love the cool weather but the damn leaves cause me to lose so many balls. Some courses i lose them in the fairway.

Losing my ball in the middle of a fairway covered in leaves! Hoping bright yellow balls will help this year..

Back