Golfing in the rain

casuk79

Reaction score
Handicap
Is there anyone here play in the rain, or wet conditions after a downpour

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Is there anyone here play in the rain, or wet conditions after a downpour

i played on friday night and the rain was very heavy, i walk with an electric trolley so i can stand underneath my umbrella when not playing and have my galvin green waterproofs and a decent set of rain gloves. My bag is also waterproof which helps. So playing in the rain is no problem for me.

I live in Scotland so playing in the rain is normal for me.

Yeah I got caught in it coming back from the range, I'm in glasgow and as its always raining I thought I'd see others veiws before I go up today, I have an electric trolley umbrella and waterproofs but I hate playing while wearing them plus I don't think my bag is waterproof

If I get up and want to play golf but it is raining I won't head out to play unless it is a competition - I play golf for fun so am not going to head out in the weather unless I have to

If you are out on the course and it starts raining then you just have to cope with it, but if it gets too heavy we have sometimes all agreed as a group to call it a day if it doesn't look like stopping. Even though I have an umbrella holder on my trolley, I have to carry the umbrella whilst pushing my trolley as I am too tall to fit under it when it is stood in the holder. I will keep a towel under my umbrella to dry grips off and will take my grip on the club under there before moving out to the ball to keep them as dry as I can as well. My bag has an integrated rain cover that unfolds from the base of the bag so I can cover it up to keep as much rain out as possible (but I have never actually tried it to be honest)

I have played after heavy showers before and tend to use it more as practice to get used to the ground conditions in case I play a competitive round when it is wet

I'm going to go up in a couple of hours the weather says rain at 12 to 1 then clear until 6 to 7 so think I'll get round before it comes down

When I lived in South FL I continued more than a few rounds right after an afternoon 10 minute deluge out of nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moved to Golf Talk

I won't start if it is raining, but will play through light rain that pops up. If I get caught by some heavy stuff, I will wait it out than play on.

As long as there's no lightning and it's not heavy enough to create unplayable lies in the fairways and greens, then it doesn't bother me a bit. I'd rather play in a light to moderate shower than stifling heat any day

I won't go out if it's already raining, but if I'm on the course and it starts raining, I'll continue to play through the rain

We had a really wet July but I avoided playing in the rain much. A few drops here or there, pulled under a shelter to get out of some steady stuff once.

The last couple years we've got caught on the course in some heavy rain. Hung out on a wooden bridge for about 30 minutes while the lower greens went under water. That was fun. When we returned to playing, 2 of the next 3 greens were un playable. Everyone took "2 putts" and we moved on. The 5th hole was higher elevation so play resumed as normal.

Specifically drove about 45 minutes to get away from some local rain last summer. Made it to the 12th hole when the skies opened up on us and we pulled under some cedar trees that blocked most of the rain. We're always in carts so they provided some shelter anyways. Throw the bag cover on and get out an extra towel to dry things off once the rain has moved on.

So often when we get summer storms they are accompanied by lightning so its a must to find some shelter then...

My usual rule is if Its raining and I haven't teed off yet I will wait it out a little. If I'm already out there I'll continue to play as long as no lightning...unless its a complete downpour.

after rains? absolutely, during rain? only so much.
I keep a close eye on radar and I will only go if I feel I can get the round in without heavy rains.

Don't mind the passing storm but in general I can say I "HATE" the rain when golfing. Hate it with a passion. Hate wet clubs,bag,gloves, etc...and everything about it. When I know rains are possible I carry 2 umbrellas. The one huge one on my pushcart (which actually sees more sun than it ever does rain.lol) and also a mid size one. I put the mid size one over my bag so what you see is one large upper canopy and another low level smaller canopy cover most my bag. I walk with my view between the two. It can downpour and while I hate it and have to wait or if nonstop I'll walk off yet myself and my clubs and bag and all items are very dry.

I hate when I have to offer my second umbrella to another (so many do not come prepared). Because im a kind sole I sometimes have to sacrifice my bag/items/clubs from the extra protection of my second umbrella that I really want and go out of my way to make sure I have so that everything I have is dry as possible. Burns me up that you weren't prepared and I have to give up my extra preparedness because you had no care at all for being prepared. But I still offer it. You know, cause Im big that way :)

If I could bring a 5'x5' pop up canopy that attached and was steady id do that. Id have my own dry little world of space :)

Yes to both. I tend to only play in the rain during tournaments and the like. Otherwise, I park under a tree and wait it out (or if it's a really heavy rain, I drive my cart onto the porch of a building on the course).

~Rock

I have no problem with rain. Do it quite frequently. Course gets less crowded to

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Keep some fresh gloves nearby and be ready to be wet. Also, a good time to know how your grips are holding up cause if they're a little worn, you might be throwing something!

I play in the rain whenever I can and as long as the course is open. I tend to have a better game do to being more focused because of the conditions. I have a rain suit and an umbrella for my Cligear.

I'll tolerate light rain, isnt much fun in a downpour. Finally have a real rain suit to use if needed.

Rain doesn't bother me. If I wasn't willing to play in the rain, my golf season would only be about 8 weeks longs.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I may play it some rain, but I don't enjoy it as much. I learned to carry multiple gloves because of playing in damp conditions and having a hard time gripping a club.

I don't mind playing in the rain (as long as there is no electricity accompanying it) though temperature and wind also plays a factor in my tolerance level.

I'll play in a VERY light mist. Other than that I won't play in the rain. Besides the bother, there's more chances of slipping on wet grass, and at my age, and with my bad back, falling is not a good thing.

I will play in light rain,but that's about it. No need to get sick

Definitely don't mind playing in light rain. And playing after a downpour I'm fine playing as well, approach shots stick!! Hah.

As long as there's no lightning and it's not heavy enough to create unplayable lies in the fairways and greens, then it doesn't bother me a bit. I'd rather play in a light to moderate shower than stifling heat any day

Same here!!

Back