Golfing with Women

I most commonly play with my girlfriend. Although I also find I play worse with her. She’s better than me though and actually the one who got me back into golf.

I don't know any female golfers. I can't even think of one woman I could invite to round out a foursome. I'd be happy to invite women to play if I could find any. My mom used to play once or twice a week when I was growing up and she would take me to the range to practice when I was a teenager. She played more that my dad.

My wife HATES golfing (but likes that I like it). I am trying to get my daughters to play golf, and I will take them out as much as possible, but I think they are just enjoying some dad time and like driving the cart. :|

I don’t have any women friends that play golf. Every woman I have ever played with has been a pleasant experience. Me and a fellow male hacker once were paired at TPC Scottsdale with two ladies that asked if we cared that they played back with us and they kicked the crap out of us. I have played with some men that have been horrible people on the course and that has never happened when playing with a female golfer.

I have 2 female friends I golf with. And one of them can out play and out drink ALL of us here on the site.
Couples league is a blast with her as all I have to do is drink and cheer lead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I golf with my wife almost every weekend. I golf with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. I see no reason why not to golf with women. I enjoy and encourage all the ladies to golf.

If somebody has an issue with women on the golf course, they need to go to hell.

have two who occasionally show up. Been trying to get the wife to. Recently I came up with a devious plan. I send her beauty shots of the course, and if deer wander across or something, they make it into a pic texted to her. I also send her stay and play deals, :OH, look, we could play here if you golfed"

today she asked if I would go to the range with her, she wanted to hit some balls but not go alone. My evil plan for world domination is coming to fruition!

Not too many men play golf with women that aren’t family members or their spouses friend in a couples outing. Unfortunate but it’s that way with me as well. I play a lot of golf with my daughter who will be a freshman in high school in a coiple months. She got the golf bug this year after playing in a few varsity high school matches so I’m sure we will play a lot of golf together the next 4 years!

I've never had any issue playing golf with women. They all have been pleasant and the rounds have been fun.

For the last few years my wife would only play if I didn't have anyone else to get a round in with. Starting a couple of months ago, she has become really interested in playing. She is taking lessons, plays in a work twilight league, has been hitting balls in the backyard when it's in the mid 50's and breezy (anything under 80° and she's "cold"). I know that once everything "clicks" I'm going to get my behind kicked badly.

have two who occasionally show up. Been trying to get the wife to. Recently I came up with a devious plan. I send her beauty shots of the course, and if deer wander across or something, they make it into a pic texted to her. I also send her stay and play deals, :OH, look, we could play here if you golfed"

today she asked if I would go to the range with her, she wanted to hit some balls but not go alone. My evil plan for world domination is coming to fruition!
I would regularly take my wife to a very lush and green (during our drought) par 27 course that she liked so that she would become comfortable playing. This last weekend she was asking me if I would like to start traveling to play golf?

PSA:
1. Your wife will notice any club changes to your bag, no matter how slight (shafts, grips, similar heads).
2. Do not, under any circumstances, leave out or game any putters that you do not want your wife to claim for her bag. "That's pretty" means the only time I see my.. err her white Damascus putter is when she is gaming it. All of my custom or one-offs are now stored far away.

I play golf with my wife 2 to 3 times per week and we aren't even retired yet. She has had 12 lessons, swings at 76-80 mph, and loves playing. She is normally the one saying, hey, lets go hit some balls, which usually ends up with 9 holes after. We have been slowly reducing our mountain biking days, and increasing our golf days. What an addictive hobby.

Last edited:
With today being Womens Golf Day and THP being owned by a woman, I wanted to see how thpers and golfers in general feel about playing golf with women. This podcast, Girls N Golf, brought up an interesting conversation topic: why don't most men invite women to tee it up with them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcMh2gRDXWg

I have enjoyed every round i have ever played with women...can't say that about men.

I remember playing with this one threesome and I left a putt short. I asked, "What do you all say when you leave a putt short?" One woman looked at me and said, "P***y."

I group up with the guys all the time. Don't be afraid to ask. We don't bite.

Couldn’t care less who I play with, I end up getting paired up with a couple groups with one or more female players. It’s always a good time playing with those groups.

We used to have 2 or 3 women would were part of our weekly groups. It was a blast.

Slightly embarassing when they are 40 yards past you from the same tee box, but still a lot of fun!

my friend use to take his wife once in a while . didnt really enjoy it much. but she was a total B. besides that i never have played with a woman in the group.

I can’t find regulars to join me and my dad but it would be awesome if the spots were filled by a couple of ladies.

Golfing with Women

I have not had the pleasure to play along side any ladies . Do not see many that golf around here or the places I play at.
Last week, I introduced the game to my gf . She instantly caught the golf bug been on a YouTube search learning about the game and swing. Have always had the thought maybe one day I could share it with my loved one. That never materialized......until now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I’d rather golf with a woman than a man. Women in my experience tend to be faster and have better etiquette. However, I do not like playing with multiple women if they know each other. For the same reason I don’t like playing with most guys who know each other. They talk way too much and start ignoring etiquette as the round progresses. I’ll always give it a shot, but rarely goes well. Just last week I was asked to join a 3some. I knew one of the women who I’ve played with before. She’s great. But we were playing with a married couple she knew. By the 12th hole they were talking endlessly and not stopping while I was shooting.

I have never had a problem golfing with women, but I have only ever played with any a hand full of times. I've enjoyed the rounds that I have though.

About 15 years ago I had the privilege to play a round with a woman who was probably 10 years younger than me at the time. We got paired up together at Dinosaur Mountain, outside of Scottsdale Arizona. She was extremely attractive, but the best thing about her was her potty mouth. After every bad shot she would let out a "F@&% Me! F%$#!" This was so funny to me and allowed me to relax and wait for a meltdown on each hole. One of the best times I have had on a golf course.

i don’t have the opportunity often, but i welcome it. one of my favorite rounds with a single serving friend was a young lady who played for the chinese junior national team. her talent was fantastic, and it was fun to encourage each other and also get to know each other throughout the round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I tee it up with my sister-in-law fairly often and one of my sisters occasionally. My gal will go to the range but she's not interested in playing. My sister-in-law is awesome. She started a third round with my brother and me and almost made it. She got to the 50th hole before tapping out.

Also played with a LPGA player last month and she kicked my butt. Fun to watch her game up close.

I love playing with women. My wife plays and she's my favorite to play a round together. I've had the pleasure of playing with several Division I women college players, and of course lots of regular folk. Sadly, a lot of women report bad experiences with guys on the course. I'm happy to give them a good experience and have had many that have expressed their appreciation for being treated well and accepted in the group. While I am happy for that, I wish women didn't face the situations they describe.

P.S. I have three granddaughters ages 4-6 who want to "play golf". We're making that happen. Have had them all out at the range whacking balls around.

My wife is just getting into it now, hitting some balls at the range and we went on a little par 3 close by where she totally lost her head. But she is more determined now to get better as she wants to be good at it.

Oddly though she doesn't like the yonex graphite shafted irons I got her for cheap on ebay but she loves my custom fit MP59 irons... and she strikes them better. I'm obviously now on the hunt for some more irons for me

My wife took up playing a few years ago so we are often out on the course and have played a couple of mixed competitions at our home club as well

Due to how she got started, I got to know quite a few of the women at our club and I would have no hesitation in making up a group with them, and there are a few who would definitely show me how to play (including a former England ladies captain)

Back