Golfing with Women

Play with my daughter who is a good high school golfer a lot. Wife occasionally.

Do sometimes play with women who are not family members at league or in club events a couple times a year. As others have said it is always a good experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play with women in our work league all the time. My wife doesn't enjoy golf that much or I would play with her. It would be a little awkward to invite another woman to go play golf with me besides my wife in a non-league or tournament event though imo, unless it's another buddies wife or girlfriend. I am also trying to get my daughter involved.

I would love to play with more women, but at the course i'm usually playing the women are older and play in their "womens gorup" or they are kids (HS) playing with their teammates.

I think the woman demographic is huge and if more of us would make it more welcoming we can continue to help golf thrive. I wish my wife played and I think we need to get her into it. My daughters play, but not as much as I would like.

I always have fun when it happens!

I have 4 daughters and 2 sons and I have and do play with all of them. My oldest daughter played high school golf and was a better golfer than most of the guys I played with at that time. The younger ones just play from time to time but still fun to spend some quality time with them. Both boys still play regularly and we still play once a week or so.

As a woman I mostly golf with women. We have occasionally had a man join us. He was nice and played fast enough to keep up with us.:banghead:

We have one woman in our mens golf league. She hits the ball pretty well. Honestly I will play with anyone as long as they know the rules of the game and are having fun out there.

I will say though that no matter if its a child, woman or man, if you are learning the game, there are courses for beginners take advantage of those.

I golf with a woman every other week in our group, solid 16 handicap and she hits the ball really well.

Took my wife golfing with me the first time recently, she just wanted to ride along in the cart, we had a blast together and I see that happening a bunch more.

I play the majority of my golf with my wife, and play at a course that gets a lot of play by women - so we've been paired up with other couples often. I've also been the only guy in a group that's gone off before.

I’d like to find a female friend/girlfriend to play golf with. My ex started playing AFTER we got divorced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My wife plays and we'll get in a 9 or 18 hole round in about once a week together. We have a couple of ladies that we play with fairly regularly and always have a good time.

Fully on board 10000%. Took my wife for the first time last summer while we were on vacation. Now she watches more golf than I do! It's fun to have her involved... And I hope my little girl likes to play well. Us 3 playing together on a summer afternoon sounds wonderful.

Crazy how many women/girls you don't see playing at my home municipal course. Sad really. I know less than a handful of women that play regularly.
6b4e100bb4cb6bbb7b5232af69dc9cb7.jpg
ce62b82fa651ce8d2f01d8965d16926f.jpg
97b70dbd51b768b58daba8f3ffb4b120.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I sometimes golf with VERY attractive women...comon guys don't sweat them so much...your scaring ladies away!...do you look at a woman like that at work?

I regularly invite female friends to join us in either taking up the game or women who already play. My manager is a woman and we play together every other month. I'm all for it!

I play golf with my girlfriend. I have not played in over 10 years so I'm glad she wanted to get into golf. I bought her a set of clubs to help her get started. She took up golf about 4 months ago and is improving quickly. She is going to her 6th lesson tomorrow. She is taking me away for a golf trip for my Birthday in a couple weeks. Oh and yes she has driven the ball past me a few times, I think it's great.

Attachments

• 59295605_10219492179673804_7195055507772538880_n.jpg
    59295605_10219492179673804_7195055507772538880_n.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I will say if we want women to golf more, here is a free hint for waaaaaaaaayyy too many dudes I have been matched up with, including randoms and people I know well

Leave the cart girl the $%^ alone. You are 30 years older than her, way off on the attractive scale, she is not going to run off from her cart to bang you...she is there to serve snacks and drinks, yes, many of them look nice and like to show a good amount, but they are still there to sell you snacks and drinks, not have your drool all over her and awkward horrific pickup lines. Get your drink, give her a tip and move back to the game, don't hang out trying to chat her up.

I have been so uncomfortably I have told people to knock it off a couple times and I am not known for being a prude. Just...stop. there is a line and there are some guys that go way past it. Pretty sure your wife/girlfriend/daughter/significant other is not wanting you to be "that guy" to a 20 something college girl.

I group up with the guys all the time. Don't be afraid to ask. We don't bite.

1000 times this^^ Enjoyed every round I've played with women. Played with many friends and relatives but have also been paired dozens of times with random women or couples. They know I'm good with it at the courses I frequent most and that the experience will be positive and enjoyable regardless of play. I'll invite more often than they'll ask, but I think some ladies can be intimidated; shouldn't be that way. Skill level just doesn't matter, golf should be fun regardless. Got to play with a lady who had never even touched a club before that day (her hubby stopped at a Dicks somewhere and bought her a set while driving down from Iowa the night before) Then a GD Top 100 Instructor (here to be inducted in MO Sports HOF) less than a month apart. Through sposey#s I was lucky enough to get to share a round with an incredible young girl about three years ago. She just competed in the Women's US Open last weekend. I'd played with her dad several times before and he still felt the need to ask if I'd be OK with his daughter played along. I'm guessing she was just 12 or 13 then and I had no idea she wasn't a beginner. IMO questions like this shouldn't have to asked. Are there really that many of us so protective of our own golf that we don't want to share with others we assume might not measure up?

1000 times this^^ Enjoyed every round I've played with women. Played with many friends and relatives but have also been paired dozens of times with random women or couples. They know I'm good with it at the courses I frequent most and that the experience will be positive and enjoyable regardless of play. I'll invite more often than they'll ask, but I think some ladies can be intimidated; shouldn't be that way. Skill level just doesn't matter, golf should be fun regardless. Got to play with a lady who had never even touched a club before that day (her hubby stopped at a Dicks somewhere and bought her a set while driving down from Iowa the night before) Then a GD Top 100 Instructor (here to be inducted in MO Sports HOF) less than a month apart. Through sposey#s I was lucky enough to get to share a round with an incredible young girl about three years ago. She just competed in the Women's US Open last weekend. I'd played with her dad several times before and he still felt the need to ask if I'd be OK with his daughter played along. I'm guessing she was just 12 or 13 then and I had no idea she wasn't a beginner. IMO questions like this shouldn't have to asked. Are there really that many of us so protective of our own golf that we don't want to share with others we assume might not measure up?

My wife was really nervous going on to the par 3 as she didn't want others to watch that she doesn't know, doesn't want to get in anyones way and so on. We had the whole place to ourselves which made it a lot better for her.

I get why he asked he was ok with his daughter joining in, my dad would have done the same for me and I wasn't a girl.

My wife had just started learning when she got pregnant the first time. Now that the kids are getting a little older, she is starting to show interest again. My daughter is 6 and has clubs and has been to the range, the pitch and putt, and one 9 hole round with me. Hopefully soon we can all play together.

I use to play as a single a lot. When I was playing Boston Muni courses during the day when not in class in college, I would get paired with women all the time. Now that I'm out in the burbs, most of the women I see at the course have their regular groups or play in a ladies league.

But like most people, I'll play with anyone looking to have a good time, play at a decent pace, and have some level of etiquette.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Has all to do with pace of play and personality and nothing to do with men or women.
I don't know that many women that tee it up though either.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've played more over the last couple of years with my Wife than I have with my male friends ... probably 80/20. She's become my new golf buddy. I just like that we've found something else we can do together. Some of my friends have wives/girlfriends who play, but none of them will play when the guys get together, except my Wife. She ain't skeered.

... Spending 4 months in Phoenix last winter and playing 107 rounds in 117 days as a single, I was paired up with plenty of women. Always love their company and I can honestly say I never regretted being paired up with a single lady. Even women that played poorly, duffing several shots on their way to the green but doing it quickly. As opposed to many male hackers that take 3 practice swings, duff a shot then take another after practice swing only to drive their cart 30 yds and repeat the same thing. As a + index player I have no problem playing with golfers shooting over 100 as long as they keep pace. Of course I play with low index players that take for f*****g ever to execute a shot too, so it is always relative. But women? Count me in every time.

Last edited:
I have no problem at all when it comes to playing with women.
My wife is a golf fanatic and she has a couple of friends that are huge fans as well.
We play a lot of couples tournaments every year so I play with a bunch of different women.

My girlfriend starting playing at 5 and continued to play throughout college. She plays to a low single digit from the men’s tees…

…and I stopped inviting her to golf with me because I’m tired of getting my butt kicked by her.

Just kidding, we’re planning out a night each week where we can at least get 9 holes in, once I’m back in the swing of playing regularly.

I learned to play golf with my grandma playing in most of my rounds. I just honestly don’t know many women who play golf. Also, even if I did, I can ask a guy to go with me with just us two, but I’m not sure my wife would be 100% on board with me inviting another women haha.

Back