Golfing with Women

Alez367

Formerly Carlos C.
Reaction score
Handicap
With today being Womens Golf Day and THP being owned by a woman, I wanted to see how thpers and golfers in general feel about playing golf with women. This podcast, Girls N Golf, brought up an interesting conversation topic: why don't most men invite women to tee it up with them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcMh2gRDXWg

I have zero problem with it. My wife loves to go play and is enjoying being out on the course. If gives us something we can go do together and if she doesn't want to go then no worries.

728dcc4ee985e5c5a6a879476fa4cad7.jpg

I’m onboard with golfing with women

Some of the men I’ve golfed with - WTF

Pretty much the same as golfing with dudes, except women play faster and make fewer excuses.

My wife and I have a ton of fun golfing together, couples golf on friday nights at our home course is the most fun.

Have a couple that we golf with regular and his wife is a joy to golf with. Plays ready golf and is constantly telling her husband to hurry up. It is quite hilarious.

Reminds me of the movie, "I love you, man". THIS IS MY NIGHTMARE!!!

I don't have any issues with it. My ex and I used to golf together all the time.
I hope to date someone again who would be down to go golfing. Dream woman!

Very rarely happens for me. But I have had some great rounds being paired up with women, one of my favorites was one of my regular partners and I getting paired up with a woman as the first group off at our home course. As a 3 some we played in about 3 hours and that is only we caught up with people who had tee off on the back 9. Sometime during the round we found out she was a member of the same golf club, I asked why she never played in any of the tournaments and she replied "pace of play is too damn slow".

I got her point as if she was out solo with clear space ahead of her in maybe 2:20, so a tournament pace of 4:40 would have been brutal.

I don't have any female friends that golf (and honestly not many female friends) but have no issues being paired with women.

I played golf with a couple this past weekend and didn't mind it at all. She wasn't that great, but she seemed to enjoy herself. That's all that matters to me.

The only reason I don't normally golf with (or invite) women to play is, other than my sister, I don't personally know any woman golfers. I see them at the course all the time, but they always have their own groups set up. And my wife has never really expressed an interest in playing.

My go-to playing partner for years was a woman, but then she moved away. She was a really good player but had an even better attitude. Always an enjoyable round.

My wife isn't interested in golf, but I have played with a co-workers girlfriend. Not only did she kick our butts all over the course she did it quickly. I have played with older women when they paired my dad and myself up with them when I was younger in south florida and never have had an issue. I will play with anyone at anytime, just don't be a Richard and play at a decent pace.

Anyone that plays quickly is A-OK in my book!

I love playing golf with women, just as I love playing golf with anyone else. I dont buy into the whole, "boys' club" mentality that some have with golf and when I do get grouped with women, I try to do my best to make them feel welcome and comfortable.

My wife and I have a ton of fun golfing together, couples golf on friday nights at our home course is the most fun.

My wife is just starting to pick up the game. We hope to find other couples to play with, and I'd love to introduce her to a couples scramble.

My wife and I are on the course or range together 3-5 times a week, so I guess you could say I'm ok with it. Oh and the fact that the LPGA AM has a local chapter that play at our home course weekly and we fully support that is just icing on the cake. :)

I have no gender preference when it comes to golf, it just happens to be all men 99% of the time.
The women at my Club seem to enjoy playing in their own groups the most. It's no wonder why when you see how some men behave around women on the golf course.

I golf with my girlfriend whenever we have days off together. We bring my daughter occasionally as well. The sex of the person I'm playing with doesn't matter to me.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I wish my wife would play more.

I enjoy it...not sure why sex matters.

My wife is just starting to pick up the game. We hope to find other couples to play with, and I'd love to introduce her to a couples scramble.

That’s exactly what we do. Scramble as a couple.

I play golf with the same guy mostly. I don't even have a foursome. With that said, I'm not against playing with women. I'm not close friends with any women that play. When money and time permits I really want to get my wife lessons so we can play together; my daughter as well. I bought her clubs when I got started 15 years ago. My plan was to learn the game, then teach her. I never learned well enough to teach her though.

I play more golf with a female friend of mine than I do with any of my male friends at my club. We ususally pair up for 3 or 4 tournaments a year.

I have no problem at all playing with women. Ice only been paired up with them a coupler of times but had a great time. My wife likes to play occasionally but my 8 year old daughter is really getting in to it lately and I can't wait for her to be my playing partner in the future.

It wouldn’t bother me at all.

I’ve suggested many times to my wife that it would be fun if we shared the game together but so far she has said “that’s yours and I won’t intrude.” I explain that she wouldn’t be but it never goes anywhere.

I have a friend who is quite good. She’s played and won numerous statewide am events. We play when we can but she always kicks the shot out of me. It’s always fun and enjoyable. Every time we play, she tells me we’re playing Ft. Worth rules. So far, I’ve never had to play with anything hanging out or pants less.

At the course I play, very few women play and the ones who do stick together. Rarely do men join them.

Rarely if ever get the opportunity anymore but would have zero issues with it. Several years ago the course I belonged to had a SMGA that always had one event with the ladies group. Far too many of the ladies declined to play because they felt intimidated but those that chose to play always seemed to have a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back