Golf's Grand Design

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm not sure how public TV stations schedule nationally, but my local PBS is airing a show with this title tonight at 9:00 pm cst. Looks at golf course architecture from the 1880s to the present. Check your PBS programming if so inclined.

DVR set.

Kevin

It's on here at 10 PM. DVR set.

Oh nice find! Thanks, Esox!

If I get home in time I'd like to tune into this.

Tivo'd. Thanks!!

sent from my brain using my thumb.

Tivo is set, thanks Esox.

I just watched a preview on the PBS website, some awesome courses and designers will be featured.

Well that sucks. It's not going to be on for me tonight. Boo.

Not on till Tuesday here, but DVR is set. Thanx OP!

I caught the last 30 minutes of this program....when golf course design went from over the top with fake waterfalls on the course and the like, to throwback more natural course designs. Nice program, and now I want to watch the first half.

waiting to watch on the dvr sometime this morn. sounds interesting..

Just finished watching interesting show .Now i want to design a course seems like a fun job? funny how they were saying back in the 90s 300 courses where built and how we will never see that kind of explosion of courses expanding again and how we are going back to the "NATURAL" links styles...

Just a few minutes into this show and I already like it.

Couldn't have picked a better person to talk on it than Ben Crenshaw.

I missed it earlier today. Got the DVR set for Monday at 5am for the re-air. I am in the civil engineering field and would love to work in this niche someday.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

That was a great show. wish they had more of this stuff on T.V.

I enjoyed watching this, though my kids were less than impressed.

They did a good job with that course out in Nebraska but it looks like it's in the middle of nowhere - not a building to be seen. How far is it from civilization and is it really worth the drive? :)

Ken

Back