mtnbikerid3r

Reaction score
Handicap
Just curious if anyone has tried one. I bought one at a fundraiser for $20 this weekend. It looks brand new so figured I couldn't go wrong as I could always pull the grafolly shaft. I didn't have time to hit it yet but was curious of others thoughts about it. It is the 460 cc with tungsten insert.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Which brand Golfsmith Driver is it? Macgregor, Snake Eyes, Lynx?

It's labeled Golfsmith on the head, not at home to look at it right now.

It's labeled Golfsmith on the head, not at home to look at it right now.

I have hit quite a few of them. Check the model number and let me know and I can let you know if I have tried it out or not.

Ok I will, thanks.

Ok, wife checked for me and it's a SR-460.

Yup, I have hit it. I believe it came out about 3 years ago. Now I am going off memory, so forgive the vagueness but I remember it being a pretty high spin head that offered a VERY high ball flight. You will know it was the same one I tested if on teh bottom of the club it has a large red G. It reminded me of a SuperMan "G" a little because it was red and front and center (on the bottom).

Yes it does have the large red G in the middle of the bottom. The high ball flight might work well for me, as all the courses I play are high elevation (5000' or higher). I will have to hit it later this week to compare with my R7.

Similar to the Hi-bore.

I haven't had any lately but when I was just starting out, I bought several Zevo clubs, which used to be a seperate company but has been taken over by Golfsmith. These Zevo clubs were actually pretty good clubs. You can't beat them for the price.

Yeah, I got a Zevo chipper for the little lady for $15 shipped.. It looks like a decent product.

Back