Golfsmith Golf Grip Return Policy

asca2

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all, I bought the Lamkin 3gen grips from Golfsmith and had them installed there, also. However, the grips are already showing extreme wear even though I have used them a few times. I am not the best golfer in the world, but I also know that the wear is not usual since I have had other grips before without the same results. Furthermore, when I picked them up and used them for the first time at the range, excessive glue began coming out of the hole on top of the grip making the grips very dirty and slippery, which is one reason I believe they began to show wear so quickly.

I hate to complain, but I must admit I am very disappointed. I am not sure what I can do about it. Can I go to the store and ask them to replace the grips or is it a losing battle since I am sure they will tell me it's my own fault and I can't really prove that I haven't been using them every day explaining the wear and tear. I appreciate any advice you guys might have.

Not sure what you can do. I would contact Lamkin if you are really unsatisfied with them.

I would take them in and see if you can talk to whoever installed them, if there is an excess of the solvent coming out, then there is a possibility that they did it wrong, for example the store where I buy all of my Taylormade stuff has a brother who watches the store but doesn't know anything about golf so one day I bought something and he screwed up the new grips and they were all twisted and I went back the next day and the owner replaced them, so I wouldn't be surprised if GS could help because grips aren't cheap sometimes.

Go back to the store, tell them your story and see what happens.

Back