gbigoose1

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys I haven't been here for a while but I just wanted to add another testimonial to the amazing fitting's put on by GolfTec. I've been getting lessons at GolfTec for the past couple months and so I was planning on getting fitted anyways. It helped my decision when my car was broke into, and golf clubs stolen. So I went in last night for a iron fitting, and it was just an awesome experience. They started off by measuring my hand length, height, and other static things. My coach had been telling me since I started getting lessons that I needed longer shafts, but it was confirmed last night. I got 1/2 longer shafts and a couple of wraps of grip tape under my multi compounds. So, next step was to put me on the mizuno shaft optimizer, and the coaches got those numbers. We also found I needed to be 2* upright. After this, we started hitting clubs. I'm use to the GolfTec system by now, but if you have never been in there, it is very cool being able to watch your ball flight on such a real simulator. We narrowed it down to the Callaway Razr X Tours and the Mizuno JPX-800 Pros. When we got to these two, it really became a personal thing, and I felt like the appearance and performance of the Razr X Tours was just a bit better for me. I love how the Razr X Tours set up, making me confident I won't hook one. We got 4-AW, and also Callaway Jaws Wedges, 54* and 58*. Overall, it was an awesome experience and I strongly recommend everyone to get lessons and a fitting from golftec. If you don't plan on getting lessons, the next time you get new clubs, do yourself a favor and get perfect clubs for your swing. My coach was already talking about how he thinks it would be best for me to go Driver, 4 wood and 3 hybrid, so I'm scheduling that as soon as I can. I don't have a bunch of time, so if I missed anything just ask a question and I'll try my best to answer it!

What shafts did you end up with?

What shafts did you end up with?
Oops forgot about that. Project X 5.0. I think that's regular in Project X. The golftec guys were going to give me 5.5, but they decided the 5.0 would be best to get the optimal launch angle.

Good stuff gbg1, keep us posted if you update youthe rest of your bag.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new sticks! What other shafts did the optimizer spit out for you?

Congrats on the new sticks! What other shafts did the optimizer spit out for you?

The one I remember was the Dg s300. It was 20 grams heavier though and we decided to go with the lighter one.

The one I remember was the Dg s300. It was 20 grams heavier though and we decided to go with the lighter one.

I love the s300s but shafts are a personal thing to your swing. As weird as it might sound, my iron SS was catching my driver SS at the end of the year (Iron: 85 Driver: 95).

But congrats on the new sticks! Do we get to possibly see them???

BDG

good stuff! love Golftec! i plan on getting fitted after my lessons are complete this winter.

Back