GolfTec Putter Fitting/Lesson

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Took the plunge and scheduled a putter fitting/lesson at GolfTec. And so glad I did, the SAM putting platform, info and technology was truly amazing.
IMG_0897.jpeg
The amount of information, questions and all around fit was truly spectacular, and it wasn't all just here's the putter you should do, there was a lot of instruction related to grip, setup, stroke, etc.
IMG_0906.jpeg
And so many amazing options to choose from, brands, etc. I started with a 35" 7s that had quite a bit of toe hang.

Was fit into a 34" close to face balance putter. Tried numerous options and landed on the Odyssey AI Milled 7 CH.

The combination of all the data, SAM and video truly helped me, the comparisons he could do on the fly on the iPad comparing my stroke to a pro from behind and the side, and also the SAM stroke comparisons, was truly incredible to experience, well worth the money! Would highly recommend.

More data and information soon!

[data place holder]

This putting towel/mat was super helpful during and I even got one to take home. Works great with putting but also practice, even without a ball. Can't wait to keep using it this winter!
IMG_3111.JPG

Awesome writeup. Can you explain the mat a bit more? Suppose to set width of stance?

Awesome writeup. Can you explain the mat a bit more? Suppose to set width of stance?
Yeah, he had recommended colors for me to start on and then based on what he was seeing we moved my fit a bit wider as we went. I ended up on Blue Left, Red Right. So you can use that for consistent putting with an actual ball.

Then you can stand off the mat and use the curved line as a general thought of curve for your stroke, depending on your tendencies, for me he wanted me to have a slight arch that is close to SBST.

And the ruler on the top was to help with length of backswing, for me, it'll show in my numbers and reports I'm sure, but I had a fairly long backswing with a bit of a decel, so having a shorter length backswing and keep my pace up was a big thing.

Another quick side note on the instruction, it was so great to have the data from SAM to validate anything he might have seen, since the info easily confirmed what he was trying to have me change, like shaft lean for loft and roll.

VERY COOL - the mat and all. I think once I am returned to playing - a putter fitting will be in my future. I love what I have but I want what I have to right.

Yeah, he had recommended colors for me to start on and then based on what he was seeing we moved my fit a bit wider as we went. I ended up on Blue Left, Red Right. So you can use that for consistent putting with an actual ball.

Then you can stand off the mat and use the curved line as a general thought of curve for your stroke, depending on your tendencies, for me he wanted me to have a slight arch that is close to SBST.

And the ruler on the top was to help with length of backswing, for me, it'll show in my numbers and reports I'm sure, but I had a fairly long backswing with a bit of a decel, so having a shorter length backswing and keep my pace up was a big thing.

Another quick side note on the instruction, it was so great to have the data from SAM to validate anything he might have seen, since the info easily confirmed what he was trying to have me change, like shaft lean for loft and roll.
The mat combined with instruction for a consistent setup is awesome. That is a great way to engrain it in at home.

I'm glad you got to do this. I did this a few years back and it really simplified my putting. Not only what head and neck combo to use, but overall specs to help my putting be as repeatable as possible.

I'm glad you got to do this. I did this a few years back and it really simplified my putting. Not only what head and neck combo to use, but overall specs to help my putting be as repeatable as possible.
Yeah I was surprised with the shorter putter recommendation, but I love the idea of having a sense of face balanced, crank hosel as a base for what putter models I should start with, and mallets more over blades, the double wide style being acceptable. And now with the tips on setup for a better repeatable stroke it really gives me something to work on over the winter

When I did a putter fitting at CC on the SAM, my biggest revelation was shortening my putter from 34" to 33".
Got my eyes over the ball and my lie much better. Improved my overall putting, but especially my lag putting.

I like this alot. I know very little about how I putt. I have always been just get up there and putt it and would seriously consider something like this just to understand more about my own putting.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Back