Good ball with lower spin

leftyrighty

Reaction score
Handicap
I am looking for a "players" type ball that doesnt have too much spin. Typically balls such as Pro V 1 (X or regular) spin too much for me. I define spin too much as hitting a full wedge up to 8 iron that spins back several feet. Now it doesnt do this every single time but several times a round it spins way too much. The easy thing would be to play it past the hole but that's just not the way I play. I also just prefer a ball with stopping power and not necessarily high spin.

Just looking for some suggestions to try out. I have a feeling I'll have to drop back to a "mid" level ball to back the spin off enough for me.

I'm sure others will chime in with some suggestions, but in the mean time, you may want to consider checking out this thread describing how to submit a video to Bridgestone of you hitting a ball with your driver and getting back a ball recommendation. A bunch of us did it this last Sunday and already got our response today.

The AVX is a fantastic offering from Titleist. I think you would be very pleased with it's performance and it has the same high quality urethane cover the Pro V1 has so it performs extremely well around the green.

Last edited:
I guess I should have also put in this thread I'm not looking to spend $40+ a dozen for balls. I'm a solid player but the courses I play are easy to lose balls at so I'm not spending more than $30-35 a dozen.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

The AVX is a fantastic offering from Titleist. I think you would be very pleased with it's performance and it has the same high quality urethane cover the Pro V1 has so it performs extremely around the green.
I would plus 1 this. I find this ball really good off the driver with the type of short to mid iron stopping power you are after.

I'm sure others will chime in with some suggestions, but in the mean time, you may want to consider checking out this thread describing how to submit a video to Bridgestone of you hitting a ball with your driver and getting back a ball recommendation. A bunch of us did it this last Sunday and already got our response today.

Yeah I've heard of that app and I'll likely do it when I get a chance. That timing is up in the air with the weather now.

I'm afraid a tour type ball will be suggested and those are the balls that spin like crazy for me.

I guess I should have also put in this thread I'm not looking to spend $40+ a dozen for balls. I'm a solid player but the courses I play are easy to lose balls at so I'm not spending more than $30-35 a dozen.

Even more of a reason to submit your video to Bridgestone, since their tour balls are running about $35 retail these days. Otherwise, I would take a good look at the Srixon Q-Star Tour or the Z-Star to meet your criteria and price point. They are also outstanding golf balls.

I would plus 1 this. I find this ball really good off the driver with the type of short to mid iron stopping power you are after.
Is it stopping power or just a lot of spin? I just need a ball to stop not spin back several feet all the time. That's not what I'm after. I'm ok with a ball releasing out a few feet actually

Srixon Q-Star tour.

Is it stopping power or just a lot of spin? I just need a ball to stop not spin back several feet all the time. That's not what I'm after. I'm ok with a ball releasing out a few feet actually

Yep, that is what i understood you were after and this ball meets that in my experience, but we are all different so I would try out a sleeve and see how it goes for you. I tend to be high spin with irons as well.

I'm a big fan of the MTB Black, and it is a lower spinning option.

Srixon Q-Star tour.
I've actually had a decent experience with these and this is a ball I was expecting to hear someone say. I might just have to roll with it. I do want to try out a few different options

I am looking for a "players" type ball that doesnt have too much spin. Typically balls such as Pro V 1 (X or regular) spin too much for me. I define spin too much as hitting a full wedge up to 8 iron that spins back several feet. Now it doesnt do this every single time but several times a round it spins way too much. The easy thing would be to play it past the hole but that's just not the way I play. I also just prefer a ball with stopping power and not necessarily high spin.

Just looking for some suggestions to try out. I have a feeling I'll have to drop back to a "mid" level ball to back the spin off enough for me.

Sounds like me. I did the Bridgestone online video fitting twice. First time I was using the Bridgestone Tour BXS and it came back with a driver spin about 3400 and they recommended I play the Bridgestone Tour BRX. So I bought a dozen of those, and redid the video fitting today to see. Driver spin 2800. They are on sale now. Great ball. Lower spin than Tiger's ball but stops just fine.

For what you want at the price point, I would go with Callaway ERC or Bridgestone E12 (I prefer e12 soft over the e12 speed).

Bridgestone Tour B RX, Titleist AVX and Snell MTB Black are all lowering spinning options that I play. All 3 play pretty much the same for me.

Back