Good bye folks I'm gone

GG says she could go 30 days without technology. Im not sure she could.

Sounds way too similar to when my buddy said to his pregnant wife "oh come on, it's not that bad...I could go 9 months without drinking too."

He still regrets that sentence.

I guess when I buy a tropical island, it will not have Internet access so you all will just have to come visit me :D

Private golf course with no tee times required :bomb:

Even though I grew up without all this tech (my vcr still blinks 12:00), who the hell could go without interwebz nowadays. Banking, Travel Bookings, just to name a few big ticket items

Most wouldn't even know I'm gone...

I'd like to think I left good impressions with all those I've met and mingled with. My humor doesn't work in text so I can come off as either rude or insensitive at times. If you've never met me in person, I'll probably try to crack a joke on here that no one gets. It's my odd personality and I'm okay with that.

Remember, us Utahns have horns and 7 wives. I have to uphold that reputation...

I could still get in touch with ya OG

string-and-cup-telephone.jpg

Hawt dayuummm! You got those too :blob:

To the original question, I have no idea how people on here perceive me. I think it is pretty tough to really get to know a person on the internet...I'm sure many people have impressions on here that would change after hanging out with me in person.

But so far every THPer I've met has been really cool.

Most wouldn't even know I'm gone...

I'd like to think I left good impressions with all those I've met and mingled with. My humor doesn't work in text so I can come off as either rude or insensitive at times. If you've never met me in person, I'll probably try to crack a joke on here that no one gets. It's my odd personality and I'm okay with that.

Remember, us Utahns have horns and 7 wives. I have to uphold that reputation...

Did you just say you were horny and had 7 wives? :bulgy-eyes:

GG says she could go 30 days without technology. Im not sure she could.

30 days without technology? Or internet access? Big diff in my book. No internet, no biggie! No technology, that's a different story. No technology basically says you're in a tent with some firewood stacked outside. You've got a fishing pole or bow and arrow to kill your food. You rode in on a horse. Etc... You get the picture here...

If GG can do that you got yourself something special brother!

To the original question, I have no idea how people on here perceive me. I think it is pretty tough to really get to know a person on the internet...I'm sure many people have impressions on here that would change after hanging out with me in person.

But so far every THPer I've met has been really cool.

I'd like to meet every single person in the college football thread. It's soooooooo easy to take things on a computer personal. Heck it could be coming from a person that if you got to know them, you would stand up back to back with them in an alley fight.

th

If you had to leave and live some where with no internet access, how do you think you were perceived while on the forum? What would you do different and would you interact in a different way?

I know some folks like me, some probably would be happy to see me go, and some wouldn't care either way. I know of a few things I could change for the better. How about you?

I don't know that I would change anything. I think this is great forum and while many of us disagree on many topics, it is done for the most part with respect. We all have opinions and often they differ. I'm old school I say all the time having begun playing in the early 1970's and there is a lot I don't like about today's way of doing things, whether it be equipment, dress or rules, I am what I am.

I know I would hate to see you go OG, as I often am inline with your thoughts (I'd guess because of our age) but at the same time, I one that doubts most would notice if I dropped off the face of the earth tonight.

Relationships here at THP are as different as our opinions. Many of you have met and played together, some many times, and I have never met another member here in person. Just the way life is. I work a lot, have limited time off, can't fly for health reasons etc., so I have not had the chance to do any events. Makes a big difference when you become friends through the site, or if you are just another opinion like me on the site and people don't really know you.

You would be greatly missed OG!

I'm probably like everyone else on this subject. I would like to think that the members I have got to meet and play some golf with would think I am a pretty good guy , I wouldn't think anyone would want to be remembered as an azz , or rude or disrespecrable .

But if OG makes another headline post like he did ,I just may become a little disrespectable . Makes me want to kick his arse for scaring the hell out of me .

I don't know that I would change anything. I think this is great forum and while many of us disagree on many topics, it is done for the most part with respect. We all have opinions and often they differ. I'm old school I say all the time having begun playing in the early 1970's and there is a lot I don't like about today's way of doing things, whether it be equipment, dress or rules, I am what I am.

I know I would hate to see you go OG, as I often am inline with your thoughts (I'd guess because of our age) but at the same time, I one that doubts most would notice if I dropped off the face of the earth tonight.

Relationships here at THP are as different as our opinions. Many of you have met and played together, some many times, and I have never met another member here in person. Just the way life is. I work a lot, have limited time off, can't fly for health reasons etc., so I have not had the chance to do any events. Makes a big difference when you become friends through the site, or if you are just another opinion like me on the site and people don't really know you.

You would be greatly missed OG!

I'd love to tee it up with ya buddy! Hopefully we can make it happen one day.

Oh and like I told the Panda, I'm just interested in how people would make it if they had no connection at all to the internet. Would they be sorry about things not done, happy about what they accomplished, or just don't worry about it.

I have an idea that there would be some very salty opinions expressed about me if I left. To make sure that doesn't happen, I'm not leaving.

I just couldn't do it. When I'm house hunting, internet speed and cell phone coverage are way high on the priority list.

I'd love to tee it up with ya buddy! Hopefully we can make it happen one day.

Oh and like I told the Panda, I'm just interested in how people would make it if they had no connection at all to the internet. Would they be sorry about things not done, happy about what they accomplished, or just don't worry about it.

Stealing words from a bestie:

#NoRagrets

Not sure I could go with the limited to no internet access. I'm pretty sure if I just went away it wouldn't be really noticed much besides from a handful of people. Not to come across as a jerk, but I'm OK with that. Part of that just goes with how big this place has gotten and that's awesome. As for regrets about being here, I have none. I know I have been very blessed and lucky to get in to the situation I am being staff and having been in all those Morgan Cup events. I've made some good friends and relationships along the way as well as meeting hundreds of good people. Some relationships ended, some continued, and others have yet to be formed. This place has and will always be special. So going off the grid wouldn't work for me. I want to be here whether I'm noticed by the masses or not.

OG, never got to meet you personally but you add a lot to this forum and you would definitely be missed.

I've learned a few lessons as far as who to question or contradict. I'm sure my written tone has come across wrong before. In the end the members I've developed a rapport with on and off the site would notice but most would not nor care. Lastly I'd learn to use the word "awesome" more :)

Best of luck OG, hit 'em long and straight and keep 'em on the fairway......

I am who I am. I wouldnt change the way I do things. If I left I would hope the people that I have met and made a connection to would still be in my life in some way. The others probably wouldnt notice and I am 100% ok with that. Countless people walk in and out of your life (online and in person) the ones who stay in your life no matter what are the ones that matter.

If you had to leave and live some where with no internet access, how do you think you were perceived while on the forum? What would you do different and would you interact in a different way?

I know some folks like me, some probably would be happy to see me go, and some wouldn't care either way. I know of a few things I could change for the better. How about you?

I think I would be perceived as married to a crazy man. :alien:

Honestly, I wouldn't change anything. I've always tried to be respectful of everyone and I mostly just talk golf with a few jabs at you thrown in here and there. I keep it all in perspective. It's an internet forum full of folks who love golf. If OG and I disappear from THP, please send the police to our house to check on us.

Back