Good bye folks I'm gone

OG, never got to meet you personally but you add a lot to this forum and you would definitely be missed.

I've learned a few lessons as far as who to question or contradict. I'm sure my written tone has come across wrong before. In the end the members I've developed a rapport with on and off the site would notice but most would not nor care. Lastly I'd learn to use the word "awesome" more :)

Hey thanks moose!

I'm probably like everyone else on this subject. I would like to think that the members I have got to meet and play some golf with would think I am a pretty good guy , I wouldn't think anyone would want to be remembered as an azz , or rude or disrespecrable .

But if OG makes another headline post like he did ,I just may become a little disrespectable . Makes me want to kick his arse for scaring the hell out of me .

We need to play some golf this spring!

We went on a Disney cruise 2 yrs ago and I loved not having to worry about email, social media, etc. It was awesome.

Then we got to port, and my phone almost literally blew up because the Boston bombing had happened. Friends knew I liked running and lived right near UMass Dartmouth when the giant manhunt & campus evacuation was on, and they were freaking out because no one had heard from me in a bit.

As far as my time here - I'd like to think people thought of me as a nice laid back helpful guy who was awfully cheap when it came to buying gear :-D

Glad this is just a hypothetical because I would truly miss interacting with you on the forum.

If I had to move away from technology, it would no doubt be difficult initially. I think I would get used to it relatively quickly. Would make for a closer knit family life. I would think a small number would hate to see me go, a small number would be glad and the vast majority wouldn't even notice.

Good bye folks I'm gone

I love the idea of being away from technology and just relaxing living a day with no distractions. Enjoying mountains,lakes ect. I have been a city boy since I was born, but have plans on changing that, especially closer to retirement age. I would do the same, but every once in a while get connected to the inter web. I hope you return to us Ole Gray, you seem like a well knowledgeable man and very friendly. Whatever you choose I wish you the best. Personally I think if I left no one would care one bit, I have not been around a long time to know people to know me enough. Hope to meet more in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I love the idea of being away from technology and just relaxing living a day with no distractions. Enjoying mountains,lakes ect. I have been a city boy since I was born, but have plans on changing that, especially closer to retirement age. I would do the same, but every once in a while get connected to the inter web. I hope you return to us Ole Gray, you seem like a well knowledgeable man and very friendly. Whatever you choose I wish you the best. Personally I think if I left no one would care one bit, I have not been around a long time to know people enough. Hope to meet more in the near future.

Another title reader ... Thanks Jay

Another title reader ... Thanks Jay

I feel like this is some social experiment designed by the devious part of your mind.

I feel like this is some social experiment designed by the devious part of your mind.

The thing is blue, if nobody had responded to the thread, maybe that would've told me something huh?

I'm not sure anyone would miss me, but there would be considerably less positive chat about Cam Newton or the Jets if I did, that much I'm certain of. The good news for all of you though is I'm not going anywhere. THP is like the Borg, and I have been assimilated.

GG says she could go 30 days without technology. Im not sure she could.

I'd have to run a line of Google Fiber wherever I went.

Good bye folks I'm gone

First of all, I don't think anyone would notice I'm gone.

Next, my golf would probably improve because I would stop watching YouTube for swing tips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good bye folks I'm gone

The amouNt of skim in this thread is pretty epic.

Goodbye OG best of luck bro!

Alien face

The amouNt of skim in this thread is pretty epic.

Goodbye OG best of luck bro!

Alien face

See ya in the funny papers partner

I am to accustomed to technology and wouldn't be able to give up all the amenities of city life.

i have only been here 6 months and have been to one event but have interacted with lots of people on here and hope that i would be thought of as someone that is fun to hang out and play golf with and that my time here was enjoyable for them as much as it was for me.

I could still get in touch with ya OG

string-and-cup-telephone.jpg

You can update to 2.0 and get much better reception as well as the ability to download by switching to fishing line.

As to the OP...... For the most part, I like to think I would not miss it, but the longer I use technology the more I need it. What would people think of me? Doesn't really matter since I won't be around to worry about it. I think you're the bees knees though OG.

JM

If you had to leave and live some where with no internet access, how do you think you were perceived while on the forum? What would you do different and would you interact in a different way?

I know some folks like me, some probably would be happy to see me go, and some wouldn't care either way. I know of a few things I could change for the better. How about you?

I do not like you at all, I love you like a brother!

I think for the most part I might be perceived an old coot who was pretty thrifty and loved Them Dawgs! I probably would not change a thing I have done since being here. I know some would miss me but all in all most would not even notice my being gone.

The thing is blue, if nobody had responded to the thread, maybe that would've told me something huh?

However Old man , You've had 5 pages of mostly concerned THP'ers thinking you were leaving azzwipe ha,ha .That should tell ya' something as well. #EverybodyLovesOG

And yes golf at Lane Creek very soon buddy !

You won't love me after you find out I benched ya arse in the regionals ..

Gonna miss ya OG! Don't know why you're leaving, but take care of yourself!

Don't know how I'm perceived as I haven't met anyone that isn't local yet. I think the list of people that would leave and have it effect this place is fairly short. Which I don't mean in a bad way, it just shows the shear size of this place.

Spoiler
Sike! I read your first post OG. You're a crazy old coot, but I don't think you're crazy enough to leave :bomb:

Gonna miss ya OG! Don't know why you're leaving, but take care of yourself!

Don't know how I'm perceived as I haven't met anyone that isn't local yet. I think the list of people that would leave and have it effect this place is fairly short. Which I don't mean in a bad way, it just shows the shear size of this place.

Spoiler
Sike! I read your first post OG. You're a crazy old coot, but I don't think you're crazy enough to leave :bomb:

Dang you got me buddy . I was just about ready to give ya a Title Reader tag

Good bye folks I'm gone

I'd be like Kramer in The Contest episode of Seinfeld. After 30 minutes I'd grab the IPad and say "I'm out" then catch up on the 50 pages of posts in #RegionalRivalry that occurred in that 30 minutes.

As to what people would say. I dunno they'd probably be glad to read shorter posts, and not hear about Towson basketball.

Would I do anything different? Probably my screen name, I joined with my Twitter name as there were event contests going on at the time, and I figured it be easier to have the same name for both.

I would try to tell less personal experiences and inquire more about others experience.

I still would stay out of the politics and college football threads.

But if I did have to do without Internet, I'd certainly would miss the best damn group of internet golfers in the world.

Last edited:
I'm not sure anyone would miss me, but there would be considerably less positive chat about Cam Newton or the Jets if I did, that much I'm certain of. The good news for all of you though is I'm not going anywhere. THP is like the Borg, and I have been assimilated.

I would say I would carry the torch for the Jets but ... they need to stop sucking.

You won't love me after you find out I benched ya arse in the regionals ..

I am not good enough to represent any way, let the whippersnappers have at it. :thumb:

I think for the most part I might be perceived an old coot who was pretty thrifty and loved Them Dawgs! I probably would not change a thing I have done since being here. I know some would miss me but all in all most would not even notice my being gone.

While I have yet to actually meet face to face with anyone here, I'd miss you. My wallet on the other hand...

Yeah I don't think I'd make it very long without access to the Internet myself. Don't know why someone would want to? We're lucky to live in this era.... Take advantage!

For the record.... If you left OG..... I'd miss yer ass old friend!

Back