Good bye folks I'm gone

If I wanted to live without technology I would. The fact that I don't says all you need to know. As for leaving, if I left I doubt many would notice. As for what other people think of me sure if like it if everyone liked me but that's not realistic so I long ago gave up caring anything more than trying to understand why they don't like me, and decide if it's something worth investing time in working on it not.

I have days I wish I could just unplug and get away. I don't know that I'd be able to for very long though. I don't know that a whole lot of people would care if I was gone, but I *try* not to worry about that sort of thing too much.

OG, you couldn't leave, you'd be missed too dearly. Besides, if you left who would give us the wonderful backwoods slang. hahaha :)

OG has been getting into that corn liquor again. Cut him off, KB!

I think it odd, honestly, to worry about my "cyber-personality" and how I'm perceived. I don't really care to be a "personality" on here, or have a "persona". I am me. In real life. I've enjoyed meeting folks in-person, though, for sure. But, if I dropped-off, I wouldn't think twice of a perception...

I don't care what people I work with and interact with think of me. Internet holds even less weight. Obviously some times I'll come off as an as*hole :) Wanting to be liked and peoples perception is all vanity.

Bill, you would be truly missed if you ever left for good. There have been so many guys that have come up to me at THP events after learning I'm from Georgia and ask "Do you know OG?". They all like you Bill and all want to meet you in person one day. You are a forum superstar and have made countless guys laugh with your internet red neck persona.

If you were to go I would miss reading your posts and laughing at them OG, although having said that, I wouldn't get jealous of you playing golf in nice weather all the time if I didn't know about it....so every cloud has a silver lining I guess :alien:

I think it is difficult to get a true appreciation of someone through the internet as words can be mis-read all the time, so until you have met someone you can't really judge them

Personally, I don't have any problems with what people think of me if they haven't met me because of what I just said above, but I would like to think that I have been respectful of others while I was here

GG says she could go 30 days without technology. Im not sure she could.

I am not sure she could go 30 minutes, let alone 30 days.....unless she was asleep....

You are welcome to join me in Uganda, we can be internet free buddies!

19EKONOHOMES_zpsee3e8947.jpg

IMG_03915_zps54cff268.jpg

But on the topic of what do people think?
I imagine from some of the threads where there has been feedback most people think I'm a liar.
But never mind, there's only so much you can believe on the internet.

At the end of the day I'm just glad a place like THP exists where golf nuts can share their experiences!

Dang it Ole Gray! I forgot my cell phone on my desk at home and I'm sitting here waiting for a chance to run back home in this sub zero temps and pick it up. Giving up some of the high tech stuff I could handle, doing without friends is totally different. While I haven't been a THP member all that long and still waiting for my chance to meet another member, I doubt that my absence would cause anyone to question my being gone.

There are people on the internet that are more memorable than others. Ole Gray, you're the former and I'm the latter. I don't think I'd be missed and I accept that fact... I know I'd miss the equipment reviews and interaction of THP'ers helping to provide input on what works and what doesn't though so I'm not going anywhere.

People say they don't care what others think, but their actions typically show otherwise.

That said, overall I'm happy with my record here.

I am not sure that anyone on the forum would really notice I am gone. I have been on here for a couple of years, but haven't been able to take part in any THP events thus far and really connect with other THPers. Hoping that I can make an event very soon and begin forging some new friendships.

Well if I had to go somewhere without any internet access, it would be quite painful for me, but I think I could adapt over time.

I think I've gotten along with most on the form, been trolled a bit (who hasn't?) posted some stuff that maybe didn't come off right (it's the internet, interpretation is hard) I haven't been banned so I have that going for me :alien:

I wouldn't change a thing, though made a lot of great friends and had great experiences. If I left I think a few would wonder what happened, but most would be indifferent.

PS OG you better not leave or I'm taking you to the woodshed!

Old gray you seem like a very genuine guy . One I would really like to play a few rounds of golf with one day , and have a fun time in the process

As far as posting technology / forums etc . I made a vow to myself on New Years to only post or visit a forum once a month . And than move that to every 2 months or more. To my surprise this resolution has worked great for me . Now when I visit find it more enjoyable and rewarding . It's fun to see how everyone is doing , almost like checking in with an old friend

So yes , you can go for a long time without technology . Just have to stick to the resolution

Old gray you seem like a very genuine guy . One I would really like to play a few rounds of golf with one day , and have a fun time in the process

As far as posting technology / forums etc . I made a vow to myself on New Years to only post or visit a forum once a month . And than move that to every 2 months or more. To my surprise this resolution has worked great for me . Now when I visit find it more enjoyable and rewarding . It's fun to see how everyone is doing , almost like checking in with an old friend

So yes , you can go for a long time without technology . Just have to stick to the resolution

Thanks man and that would be cool! I love playing with new folks and picking the chicken so to speak. You're a strong guy to take the internet habit heads on and make it stick!

During the non-golf playing time - I would go nuts! During golf season - not so much!!

Damn....so I heard OG got banned? Wonder what he did.

I would live in Hawaii and be done with the internet in a heartbeat. But I heard the internet lives in Hawaii so I guess I would just have to live in Hawaii with the internet then.

See ya when ya get back from your timeout OG!

Damn....so I heard OG got banned? Wonder what he did.

I would live in Hawaii and be done with the internet in a heartbeat. But I heard the internet lives in Hawaii so I guess I would just have to live in Hawaii with the internet then.

See ya when ya get back from your timeout OG!

Dayuuummm bro! We were going to kick some arse in an invitational too :crying:

Dayuuummm bro! We were going to kick some arse in an invitational too :crying:

OG is back!! Sweet!! That was a quick ban! Good to have you back broski! If you would just tell me which invite you want to do we'll make that happen!

OG is back!! Sweet!! That was a quick ban! Good to have you back broski! If you would just tell me which invite you want to do we'll make that happen!

I've looking at Savannah, Kansas, & Memphis. I won't make all of them but hopefully one for sure!

I've looking at Savannah, Kansas, & Memphis. I won't make all of them but hopefully one for sure!

Ok, we'll make one of those work. It's destiny and written in the stars!

Being hypothetical. I'd say I could do without the tech, so long as I have a way to make tee times and play some golf. I'm good.

I've gotten used to having the internet around. I've moved so much and so have so many friends, being able to keep up is something I just regard as a necessity.

That being said, if I've disappeared for extended periods of time, it's usually for a course of some kind where I can't get on, or because I've deployed. If we kick off a new front in the near future, I know I'll be back to hand writing letters for snail mail for several months. Nature of the job.

Back