Google's New Phone, OS and VR Headset Thoughts

schuff

Reaction score
So for those of you haven't heard, on October 4th Google announced their first Pixel series phones and much more.

For those that have looked into Google's latest releases what are your thoughts?

if it ain't broke don't fix it, and my nexus 5 ain't broke

still no expandable memory slot

I have a pixel xl on the way, the hardware itself sounds very good but not exciting , newest chip, great screen, plenty of ram and battery. But it's the new software that has the chance to be pretty revolutionary. Looks like a big step forward in AI.

I really wish wireless charging and water resistance were included.... Fast charging is great, but I am way spoiled with fast wireless charging!

I really wish wireless charging and water resistance were included.... Fast charging is great, but I am way spoiled with fast wireless charging!
Agreed, especially on wireless charging. So weird that the Nexus phones were some of the earliest adopters and then they abandoned it. I got use to it on the Nexus 6 and now miss it.

I have a pixel xl on the way, the hardware itself sounds very good but not exciting , newest chip, great screen, plenty of ram and battery. But it's the new software that has the chance to be pretty revolutionary. Looks like a big step forward in AI.

I am about to order a Pixel XL as well. I'm thinking about just going to Fi so haven't decided to get a unlocked vs Verizon one yet or not.

The water resistance is fine for me since phone insurance for Android is so cheap but Qi charging would have definitely been a plus.

I'm most excited about getting a free Daydream headset and seeing what developers can do with that.

Back