Got an impromptu lesson from an LPGA veteran today.

That is very cool indeed, right place, right time.

Great story, and super nice of her to take time out of her range session to help you out.

Hope your lessons go as well!

Great story.... thanks for sharing.

That’s awesome

That's very cool

Love this story

Remember all the times you thought to yourself "The golf gods hate me!"
They just settled your tab for you.

Great story

Awesome of her to take the time and give you some personal advice!

THat is a pretty darn cool story. Hope it sticks

I am going to be looking for this kind of help! Bad thing is that NOBODY retires in Kansas !!

Have you ever heard the tip of holding a waiter's tray at the top of your swing? It changed everything for me. No more trying to rotate everything through with perfect timing at the bottom of the swing. Just fire through to my target at the bottom of my swing. :D

That's the exact tip that changed my game recently. It's more than that though, on the downswing aim your palm back and then down. Crazy how much that helped me.

Very awesome. Great story. Good on you for pausing to see what was really up when you saw her getting ready to do her thing. Love it.

Have you ever heard the tip of holding a waiter's tray at the top of your swing? It changed everything for me. No more trying to rotate everything through with perfect timing at the bottom of the swing. Just fire through to my target at the bottom of my swing. :D

Yep.....whenever I feel myself start cupping my left wrist at the top, I think of that tip I heard several years ago and it really helps.

Great story...thanks for sharing !

That's an awesome story, and even cooler that you're hooking up with her for some lessons. It sounds like you found an instructor that you connect with, and that's worth its weight in gold.

Yep.....whenever I feel myself start cupping my left wrist at the top, I think of that tip I heard several years ago and it really helps.

Great story...thanks for sharing !

I'll have to remember this one for when I start bowing my wrist at the top since I tend to hook.

Great story enjoyed the read. Lady is a super star.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Great story! Glad she kept the hope alive for you!

Great story and timing almost miraculous for you. Glad you're seeking her help. Sounds like her teaching talents rival her amazing playing ability.(y)

Update:

So I contacted San Ignacio to see when I might be able to book a lesson with Sharon. They told me that she was unavailable for a few months because she was at her "summer home". There was a glimmer of hope and a glimmer of despair. Hopeful that her "summer home" was in Show Low and in despair at the thought that our passing was random.

After a rough round in our AZTHP league event on Saturday, I booked a Sunday round at my home course for Sunday. When I checked in, Jan said "Sharon's at the range". There was a vapor trail from my ass to the driving range. I get down there and there she is with her Sunday bag hitting (what I'll assume) her 8 or 9 iron. I saw that she was only about a quarter through her large bucket, so I played it cool and just got my small warm up bucket and headed to the other end of the range. At the end of my bucket I walked by and said "Hello, Sharon. Good to see you again"! She replied

"Randy, right"?
"Yes, ma'am"
"Randy Gonzalez"? (Holy sh!t, she remembered my name)
"Yes, ma'am"

I tell her "Sharon, I know that this is "Ben so and so's" club and I wouldn't ask you to disrespect his place so I won't ask you for a lesson but I would be honored if you would come play a round of golf with me and just kind of help me recognize how and where I fall off the rails once in a while. I don't want or need you to babysit me. It would just be nice to have a friend with an objective set of eyes kind of remind me what is happening when my typical misses show up once in a while".

"Randy, I think I would really enjoy that but with this being Memorial Day weekend they're going to charge me an arm and a leg to play"

"Oh, no. You don't understand. You won't be paying a dime, Sharon. This is the first of many treats on me. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your generosity with your time and help the last time we met. As far as I'm concerned, you'll never pay for a round of golf when you play with me".

"Well, let's exchange numbers and you call me tomorrow and see what you can get set up for the weekend"

:love:

I immediately called the pro shop and Jan bumped another group to get me an 8:00 o' clock.

It looks like I've got a golf date on Saturday at 8:00 a.m.

So, I've got that going for me. :cool:

I am SO freaking pumped right now!!!!!!!!

Update:

So I contacted San Ignacio to see when I might be able to book a lesson with Sharon. They told me that she was unavailable for a few months because she was at her "summer home". There was a glimmer of hope and a glimmer of despair. Hopeful that her "summer home" was in Show Low and in despair at the thought that our passing was random.

After a rough round in our AZTHP league event on Saturday, I booked a Sunday round at my home course for Sunday. When I checked in, Jan said "Sharon's at the range". There was a vapor trail from my ass to the driving range. I get down there and there she is with her Sunday bag hitting (what I'll assume) her 8 or 9 iron. I saw that she was only about a quarter through her large bucket, so I played it cool and just got my small warm up bucket and headed to the other end of the range. At the end of my bucket I walked by and said "Hello, Sharon. Good to see you again"! She replied

"Randy, right"?
"Yes, ma'am"
"Randy Gonzalez"? (Holy sh!t, she remembered my name)
"Yes, ma'am"

I tell her "Sharon, I know that this is "Ben so and so's" club and I wouldn't ask you to disrespect his place so I won't ask you for a lesson but I would be honored if you would come play a round of golf with me and just kind of help me recognize how and where I fall off the rails once in a while. I don't want or need you to babysit me. It would just be nice to have a friend with an objective set of eyes kind of remind me what is happening when my typical misses show up once in a while".

"Randy, I think I would really enjoy that but with this being Memorial Day weekend they're going to charge me an arm and a leg to play"

"Oh, no. You don't understand. You won't be paying a dime, Sharon. This is the first of many treats on me. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your generosity with your time and help the last time we met. As far as I'm concerned, you'll never pay for a round of golf when you play with me".

"Well, let's exchange numbers and you call me tomorrow and see what you can get set up for the weekend"

:love:

I immediately called the pro shop and Jan bumped another group to get me an 8:00 o' clock.

It looks like I've got a golf date on Saturday at 8:00 a.m.

So, I've got that going for me. :cool:

I am SO freaking pumped right now!!!!!!!!
That’s incredible!

That’s freaking awesome!!!!

That is so incredible!! (y)(y)

This is awesome.

Golf is such an awesome community!

Back