GP New Decade vs. VDR

I just usually buy new irons when the grips go bad...:egyptian::golf3:

Ok, is that an offer to buy me new irons next year when my grips are done? ;)

Sent using Tapatalk

Ok, is that an offer to buy me new irons next year when my grips are done? ;)

Sent using Tapatalk

I'd love to get in on that too. Lol.

Sure...Why not? :nono: Ok, seriously...Lately I haven't owned a set of irons long enough for the grips to get even remotely worn, but if I did, I think I'd go with the VDR's over the Decades. VDR's just "feel" good...(by the way I don't think my Ansers are going to make it to the regrip stage either...have you SEEN the new Titleist AP2 712's ?) :eek:fftopic:

Last edited:
I like the VDRs on my wedges and irons. Did not have trouble in humidity at TMC. New Decades tear up my pencil pushing hands. I have not liked the VDR on my drivers, fw, and hybrid nearly as much. I'm going to have them switched out to white Tour Wraps. Meant to leave my woods at my club yesterday so they could get done, but forgot.

Kevin

I love my VDR's, and I have played them in rain. (Weather sucks here in DK) Had no grip issues what so ever. These things look good (Have had a lot of comments about their looks) and feel good.

Good to hear that they perform well in rain!!

Well, if your looking to donate your old equipment to a good home mine is available. Lol ;)

Sent using Tapatalk

i never thought a grip could perform for me like the original Crossline. i have never had slippage in any weather condition with crosslines (and FJ rain gloves when in heavy rain) and have always liked the look of the black and white crosslines. really liked the white VDR and so far have been as happy with them as the crosslines. now that i have a 14 divided bag, i dont worry about the black scuffs on white grips and its been a really hot summer here in Tennessee with no slipping issues.

love them.

So I got out for the first time with this grip last night at a match and WOW is all I can say. I hit the ball straighter and longer than I previously was, just because I had a solid grip now! I played as our #1 man yesterday, meaning I teed off first. I like pressure, and for my first swing in a week (due to rain) I smashed it up over a dogleg to about 5 yards off the green. Par 4, 300 yards. Not long, but the only kind of green I can drive. Thanks guys for enlightening me to this grip.

BDG

So I got out for the first time with this grip last night at a match and WOW is all I can say. I hit the ball straighter and longer than I previously was, just because I had a solid grip now! I played as our #1 man yesterday, meaning I teed off first. I like pressure, and for my first swing in a week (due to rain) I smashed it up over a dogleg to about 5 yards off the green. Par 4, 300 yards. Not long, but the only kind of green I can drive. Thanks guys for enlightening me to this grip.

BDG

Glad you like the grips, I love them as well. I can't get anywhere near a 300 yard par 4 no matter what grip I'm using, that is long no matter who you are.

Glad you like the grips, I love them as well. I can't get anywhere near a 300 yard par 4 no matter what grip I'm using, that is long no matter who you are.

I was definitely hitting the ball better CB. 6/7 par 4s I played yesterday were under 400 and I never had more than a 9 iron (130 yd club) to any of those 6....

Just got My new Driver and 3 wood setup with the VDRs. I really like the softer feel of these so far vs the New Decades just holding them. Haven't been able to get them on the course yet but I'm feeling good about them.

I have a buddy that got New Decades put on all his clubs...played 2 rounds...went through 3 gloves and then had them all changed to VDR's.

I had VDR's put in a few of my clubs last week, and after a couple rounds I can say I am a fan. Over the off-season, I'll be putting them on my irons as well.

well...the overall consensus seems to be that they are both really good gloves, but the VDR's are not as tough on the gloves/hands....
I put the Midsize Decade on my driver, but have to go to the next town over to get the VDR's in Mid..Will do that on Monday and put a couple on.....

thx again for all the comments....

We can't even get them here. I went to see my friend at the local Golftown and they haven't gotten any in all summer.

Sent using Tapatalk

well...the overall consensus seems to be that they are both really good gloves, but the VDR's are not as tough on the gloves/hands....
I put the Midsize Decade on my driver, but have to go to the next town over to get the VDR's in Mid..Will do that on Monday and put a couple on.....

thx again for all the comments....

Bama, I had my VDRs taken off yesterday and Tour Wraps put on all my clubs. At least take a glance at them. I like them a lot better.

Kevin

Going to chime in on this. I am going to go VDR on the clubs I need to change grips on. Call me weird but I like all clubs to have the same grip. I like the ND alot but at 10 bucka a piece it kills me to buy them.

Going to chime in on this. I am going to go VDR on the clubs I need to change grips on. Call me weird but I like all clubs to have the same grip. I like the ND alot but at 10 bucka a piece it kills me to buy them.
That is a lot of why I liked the VDR's so much for so long as well. These two were my #1 and #2 before the R.E.L. 3gens came along.

Still super fond of each of them though, nice grips. The red VDR's are flat out sessy.

That is a lot of why I liked the VDR's so much for so long as well. These two were my #1 and #2 before the R.E.L. 3gens came along.

Still super fond of each of them though, nice grips. The red VDR's are flat out sessy.

What makes the REL better than the VDR? I am not regripping the whole set right now but when I do I am going to be open minded.

Bama, I had my VDRs taken off yesterday and Tour Wraps put on all my clubs. At least take a glance at them. I like them a lot better.

Kevin

It's all about what feels/performs best for you. I just did the opposite and removed Golf Pride 2G grips from my set to go back to VDRs. The wraps were way too tacky for my liking. I thought the tackiness would subside over time, but after four rounds, they were the same as the day I put them on, which is way too much for me.

Back